Close
One second...

Triple J's Hottest 100 2012

This blog is now about Triple J's Hottest 100. An Australia day tradition and the world's biggest musical democracy or some such malarkey.

Stream it along here, I think. But I'll be counting them down here if you can't stream it or get to a radio.

I'm calling the winner now. Gotye and Kimbra's Somebody I Used to Know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

Because this is Australia and all news is reported in the form of gambling odds, you could actually place a bet for literally "Any other song" this year, the oucome is pretty much guaranteed.

But I'm really excited to find out who is number 2.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
SJ27

98 Some shitty rap song with Jay-Z in it.

shirtflirt

love me some machu pichu

stubby43

Miranda Kerr dressed up as wonder woman for Australia day... I mean I don't really get it but good on her for having national pride?

SJ27

I liked that Strokes album a lot, they'd been off my radar for a while after First Impressions of Earth but they came back strong on this one.

spacesick 2

jebbie introduced me to that goyrteetete song I liked it a lot

SJ27

Well I certainly have no complaints if Miranda Kerr wants to dress like that. The magazine cover says she's Australia's Wonder Woman, so there's that.

Megan Gale was actually cast as Wonder Woman in a Justice League movie that got aborted at the time of the Writer's Guild strike. Mirnada Kerr also just took over the catwalk and catalogue duties from Megan at David Jones department store.

SJ27

93 was Kimbra who does guest vocals/implied toplessness on the goyrteetete song but I don't know the name of the song.

shirtflirt

hmm, i never listened to that one. but damn...that chicks has legs that never end

SJ27

91 City and Colour - Fragile Bird

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

Didn't know James Blake had a song called the WilhelmScream. I wish it was just the actual scream auto tuned.

SJ27

shirtflirt on Jan 25 '12 at 7:44pm hmm, i never listened to that one. but damn...that chicks has legs that never end

Which one?

shirtflirt

First Impressions of Earth

i really REALLY like bamboo bicycle club

SJ27

86 Seeker Lover Keeper - Light All My Lights

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i only just remembered and tuned in. you're probably right about Gotye ftw, but since i don't especially like the song i won't be sad if you're wrong.

SJ27

I like that song but I'm kind of over it and I think there might be a bit of backlash for it but I think it should have enough of a lead to take it out.

It's weird some years like Muse Knights of Cydonia vs Silverchair's Straight Lines there was less than 100 votes in it then other years like when Franz Ferdinand won, they had more than twice the votes of the song that came second.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

mumford and sons was a landslide winner too wasn't it? i remember one year there was a winner by only a couple of votes but i don't think that was it.

SJ27

Yeah I think Mumford and Sons was another landslide too, it probably hasn't been really close for a while. Was that the year they accidentally published the list on the website early?

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

mumford and sons was the one they accidentally revealed. i liked that gay pirate song a few tracks ago. hadn't heard that before.

SJ27

My computer's getting slow trying to deal with this so I might start another page.

SJ27

SJ27

SJ27

C

SJ27

Blerp

SJ27

I hope The Jezabels make the top 10.

SJ27

Good thing I knew those last two songs because the Twitter failwhale is up and I have no idea what this song is right now.

SJ27

Spluh

SJ27

x

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?
Join Us