One second...

Ink Empire

Ink Empire

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
faerielfire

Sorry but the extension between 'to' and 'mu' needs to be vertical.

faerielfire

to: ト, mu: ム

NotyBoy

Well Done!

faerielfire

faerielfire

faerielfire

sseto

I would buy it... but like faerielfire said the ー should be vertical in vertical text. I was able to type it vertically in Word but I'm not sure if it would turn out correctly in a graphics program. see -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-jlreq-20081015/Images/img1_7.png

email Threadless about this so they can correct for later reprints?

sseto

Wish I could edit my comment... like faerielfire said the ー should be vertical in vertical text. see I was able to type it vertically in Word but I'm not sure if it would turn out correctly in a graphics program.

Surprised that no one didn't catch the mistake when it was submitted for voting. Still great design, I would buy it if it gets reprinted correctly.

FRICKINAWESOME

Wow, ballsy move on Threadless's part to print something so close to the Evil Empire :)

darthvk

Please re-print a 2XL PLEASE!!

midwestbonsai

Please re-print a 2XL PLEASE!!

Smooshyface

Please print on kids/toddler tees!! My 6YO would LOVE this shirt!!

EmoDrumYard

reprint medium please!

Lusonets

reprint L please ♥

Its_A_Nate91

Must have this t-shirt, please reprint!!

silautumn

Wow, I can't begin to tell you how much this bothers me. The elongated "to" sound (トー)in "storm" isn't elongated at all. Right now, it looks like the kanji for "one". The horizontal line should actually be vertical, since you're writing vertically and still writing in katakana, not switching to kanji halfway through.

Also, I think it would have been cuter to have å¾’ (foot soldier) as the red boxed kanji instead of storm again, to spell Storm Soldier (the obvious intention being Storm Trooper). Looking at it, I just see "storm storm" with the first "storm" spelled incorrectly. A neat design but could've benefitted from some research and informed opinions first.

puripant

I second @faerielfire. The horizontal long-vowel indicator looks very wrong.

slidesong

There are no such things as "mistakes" in art. Now, quit being so picky and just enjoy the design for what it is - awesome.

As for the request for Threadless to "fix" this mistake that maybe 1 in a million people will actually notice, I think it should be up to the artist to decide whether or not he wants to change it. In my opinion, the text on the left (whether left in or not) would not affect the general aesthetic of what is the most important and prominent element of the design, which, in this case, is the Stormtrooper's face.

eg_head

i need this. reprint stat!

Wardlm69

Really people? nitpicking on the Empire, please reprint.

Typhoid Raj

Why does it say? It says, "Reprint this damn shirt or I will Force Choke your sorry ass!"

eelahnah

The first few characters say "sutoru" as in sutorumtrooper. ^.^ And, to be honest, I think the elongation indicator isn't really a big deal. I feel like its somewhat of a common mistake for people learning Japanese (coming from someone learning Japanese).

P.s. I wonder how many people criticizing the work are actually Japanese O.o hmmm...

eelahnah

oops i mean sutomu! sorry! like i said...just learning

JetLong

Reprint reprint reprint XD

mauvy

I love this tee!

mauvy

I love this tee!

NexAntonius

I must have this. Reprint, PLEASE.

ivanchou18

Reprint!!!!!!!!

Aleximosaurusmon

This is the coolest design I've ever seen!

faerielfire

eelahnah: actually it says su-to-o-mu as in 'storm'. Does it matter if someone is Japanese if they can read it? That's like saying English is only for people from the US and England etc. You yourself were confused on what it actually said so you don't really have room to criticize. I agree that the artwork is beautiful but unfortunately I feel like the error detracts a bit from it. Unfortunately, I doubt that Threadless is going to reprint a corrected version.

Helvinek

Okay, let me set this straight. It says 'sutomu', with an elongation on the 'o'. That's what the dash character in Japanese katakana is supposed to mean. It isn't a separate syllable for 'o', so it isn't pronounced su-to-o-mu. Mostly I think this was done to imitate how a Japanese speaker would pronounce the word 'storm', and I don't see it as an error.

karifry

Please fix the katakana.

maneneko

I know it sounds nit picky, but this is such a beautifully executed piece, I wished the error wouldn't be there. To me, it reduces this work of art into reverse-Engrish. If you put this much effort into creating this, please consult with 1 Japanese reader first.

null209

Actually the katakana is not incorrect, katakana is used to translate works from other languages and su-too-mu is as close as you can get to storm, if you type in this katakana into google you will find many pictures of storm troopers. My name is Travis and my Japanese friends can spell it to-ra-bi-su, to-ra-ba-su, or to-ra-vi-su, it is all in how they sound it out, so it is not a typo

null209

Actually the katakana is not incorrect, katakana is used to translate works from other languages and su-too-mu is as close as you can get to storm, if you type in this katakana into google you will find many pictures of storm troopers. My name is Travis and my Japanese friends can spell it to-ra-bi-su, to-ra-ba-su, or to-ra-vi-su, it is all in how they sound it out, so it is not a typo

null209

Sorry about the double post, and I meant to say words, not works

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?