Political Design: Up for scoring!

thoughts or suggestions? Do you like the vintage, distressed, screen printed poster look, or is it too much?

Watch this
Landon Sheely
also, sizing opinions on the actual shirt? It obviously doesn't need to be as big as shown in the mock up.
CtlAltDel
I kind of love this!
Landon Sheely
well thanks a bunch! so do you think it's just about ready for submission or should I sit on it for a while?
shirtflirt
the only note i have is that the brown eagle banner beneath the puppetmaster should probably have some stars and stripes on it. right now, it's too bold i think otherwise, i'm with citadel, i luv it too
Landon Sheely
nice, thanks, I agree, i will work on that a bit and see what I come up with.
Landon Sheely
is this more or less distracting?
shirtflirt
oooooh i like it!!
shirtflirt
so much so that i just made it my desktop background image
Landon Sheely
like it grungy like above, or clean like this? also, either way, do you like the old "mantle" or this new "banner" under the puppet master?
mullmuggins
I prefer the grungy one - it makes it look kind of seedier...
jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni
grungy
d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni
yeah i like it distressed, and i think i prefer the original mantle.
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
Grungier textured version for sure. Diggin' the style of this piece. Nice work. I might also cut-out a dollar symbol from the red had (so the shirt color comes through and it is subtle). I don't know if that is a message you want to send but it seems relevant to the design.
Landon Sheely
i actually thought of putting a dollar sign "card" in the hat, or a dollar sign on the cigar band....ill toy with it. Thanks for the input!
shirtflirt
shirtflirt
what if you keep the details of the banner but make it brown? also, what if you wrapped the cigar in a hundred or thousand dollar bill?
ignzed
really love the style! small details like what shirtflirt suggested is what'll really draw the extra votes. awesome stuff
Manupix
I prefer it grungy and with the banner! Make sure that the 'handles' are well visible though. Readability rules! Also, 5$ ;)
Landon Sheely
grungy, brown banner...thoughts?
Landon Sheely
it's up!