Close
One second...

NEW SHOWS on TV

i watched about ten minutes of The Playboy Club and goddamn is that shitty

i'm ready for AWAKE(N)? but that's not out for a couple months or something.

lotta bad ideas in hollywood

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 13
ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

I don't have cable or networks or anything, but I download sons of anarchy, breaking bad, and eureka and warehouse 13 for the kids.

in other news, my sisters show premiers tonight - actually I don't think premier is right. it airs - yeah that's it

rhythmdev9

New Stuff I'm interested in:

Grimm Once Upon a Time Whitney (looks like a bag of dicks, but her stand up is great)

New Seasons I'm Amped for:

Fringe Community Game of Thrones (not till April, but I'm already excited)

Things I may give chance:

PanAm TerraNova Allen Gregory

rhythmdev9

Complete Train Wrecks, I see coming a mile away:

Charlie's Angels Prime Suspect

rhythmdev9

Also, AMC has a new one coming about the west post-Civil War, and AMC has yet to make something bad yet, so I'll watch it.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

My sister worked on some of the costumes for PanAm forever ago.

AMC has yet to make something bad yet, so I'll watch it. I take it you haven't seen The Killing.

maddingo

didn't syfy (stupidest name change...and network evar) pull the plug on Eureka... idiots.

maddingo

the only tv i'm that interested in ATM is the 3 episode Archer special.

Sons of Anarchy is ok i guess also... so far the new season is ticking me off less than last seasons "trip to N. Ireland" man that was pissing me off.

shirtflirt

upcoming season of sunny in philly looks crazy good with fat mac

jo, what's her show?

i finally watched breaking bad pilot. damn that's good.

whitney is hilarious but that show, along with almost every new nbc show, is doomed.

shirtflirt

really khol? my co workers were going nuts over that show...hmm.

the premise of AWAKE sounds cool, not totally original but may be an interesting adventure.

nathanwpyle at gmail.com
nathanwpyle at gmail.com profile pic Alumni

Joe that's cool you download Sons of Anarchy for the kids

JK JK

Yeah remind us of your sister's show - you blogged about it once, I think I remember

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

I am almost embarrassed to say - but it is big hair alaska on tlc

shirtflirt

that's cool dude. i just read that all alaskan residents will get a check for over 1,100 dollars from oil

is that true?

your sis is a star

nathanwpyle at gmail.com

Ah Joe, no I get it - that is, bc I work in television and I think I have at least a glimpse of what that must be like on that side.

I am always a year or two behind on new shows since i consume through netflix. So I'm not good at this conversation

shirtflirt

nathan, what do you for work?

dude, i JUST now got into mad men and breaking bad haha

nathanwpyle at gmail.com

hahaha welcome to 2008!

You came in at a great time since both of those are on Netflix (formerly known as Netflix instant)

I work as a freelance producer - I do mostly newsy / documentary shows. Right now I work for NBC

shirtflirt

nice!

are you on the east coast?

i'd like to cut news someday.

nathanwpyle at gmail.com

It's nice where I am especially because the shows I do vary quite a bit and it's fast-paced but still long-format for the most part. In NYC so I work at 30 Rock - you're on the west coast, yeah?

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

2 Broke Girls :^/

Playboy Club :^/ Let's rip off Mad Men and cast a guy that's practically a copy of Don Draper and then muddle it with an unnecessarily complex pilot plot and no social/emotional depth.

New Girl is on right NOW

shirtflirt

SUPER RYAN NAILED IT RE: PLAYBOY CLUB

yeah, i'm on the west coast. that's cool man. technically i'm freelance too but i landed a gig on Private Practice which is a ten month gig...

kayceislost

I can't see Whitney making it at all. Every preview I saw of it looked so fake and staged and awful. Repeat the past 2 sentences, but replace Whitney with New Girl too. Ugh, looks dreadful and forced.

I am, however, stoked about season 2 of Workaholics starting tonight! And Parks and Rec, It's Always Sunny, and 30Rock.

SuperRyan

GOING TO RUN FOR ELECTED OFFICE

DUMPS BODY IN RIVER

Chipmnk

Awake is the only show I'm really thinking about. Watching the trailer had me interested.

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

I don't get many channels and the only show I really care about right now is the return of Community. And catching up to Breaking Bad (thanks to Netflixster)

SuperRyan

New Girl: 15 minutes in and they are all like best friends with her. Isn't she the 'new girl?' Like just new roommate and shit?

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

[+duracell-]

Hush I'm drooling over Zooey

SuperRyan

New Girl in 3D only on Sony 3D TVs in Idaho for 2 minutes

shirtflirt

yes it is nathan.

NBC wants whitney to do well. they've cast her in two different pilots, neither aired, when i was working on minute to win it. some people just have talent. and others, like her, have very good agents.

KICK HIM WITH YOUR HEEL

THERE"S NO BLOOD

MAGIC

CALL DON DRAPER THERE"S SOMEONE IMPERSONATING DON DRAPER ON NBC

rhythmdev9

I watched New Girl and I'm going to give it a second episode, as fake and unbelievable as it felt, I had a few lols from it.

shirtflirt

DICK WHITMAN DRAPER DON

SuperRyan

The one and only

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

Homeland on showtime looks to be a great one to follow...they released the pilot online early (its censored, but great)

I actually saw the opening to 2 broke girls with Kat Dennings, and it made me laugh, but I have no idea how good it is

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

oh, also, I love "Suits" on USA...and pretty much all USA shows. Burn Notice isnt as great as it once was, but stilll

Burn Notice Psych Suits Covert Affairs Monk (I miss it)

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I saw the end of New Girl while waiting for Raising Hope to come on, and I had no idea Leo from Veronica Mars was on it. I almost want to watch it now.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

Compared to the past few years, this is the first season in awhile where there aren't many new shows I'm looking forward to.

Ringer isn't very good. I watched the first episode and part of the one tonight, and it's very meh. If it was on any channel other than CW, I think it'd be good.

New Girl looks terrible. Whitney looks terrible.

I'm gonna give Pan Am a try, but I don't have very high hopes judging from what I've read so far.

Shows I have really high hopes for that I'm looking forward to:

Terra Nova (Fox) American Horror Story (Fx) Hell On Wheels (AMC) Enlightened (HBO) Alcatraz (Fox, mid-season) Awake (NBC, mid-season)

Two shows I'll check out that may or may not be good and seem kind of similar:

Grimm Once Upon A Time

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i don't love mad men. i love looking at it. cool clothes, cars, style, hendricks, etc, but i don't find the characters or plot engaging. and they're so chauvanistic it's almost hard to believe. like they overdid it just to make the point. surely there was one gentleman alive in that era.

tracerbullet

Returning shows that I love and will be watching/have already started to watch:

Parks and Rec Community Castle Modern Family How I Met Your Mother Cougar Town (mid-season) It's Always Sunny The League Hung Bored To Death Walking Dead Mad Men (sometime early next year, I think)

tracerbullet

I may or may not watch the new season of Boardwalk Empire. I'm pretty neutral about that show. Maybe I'll see if it can hook me in again.

tracerbullet

Oh, and I'm watching/loving the new season of Warehouse 13, but that's been on for awhile now.

tracerbullet

Oops! Yes. Raising Hope.

tracerbullet

Breaking Bad has been great this season, too.

tracerbullet

I also forgot Parenthood, which started last week. Hardly anyone I know watches that, but I love it.

SJ27

One of the troubling ironies with Mad Men is all the free advertising they undoubtedly gave to Lucky Strike cigarettes over the first four seasons. Now that Don has "quit tobacco" maybe that will improve. But it has really bothered me.

tracerbullet

i might give the office a chance this season, but i'm having trouble caring about that show anymore. i wish it would just end.

SJ27

Have they announced who the new boss will be? i haven't really been paying much attention, since there's still probably a year to go of Steve Carrell for us because they got really behind airing the show. It did mean non-stop new double episodes though for about a year which was cool.

tracerbullet

james spader is on the new season, so i assume it's him

darkflamedesign

And let's not forget .. The walking dead ! Let the flesh munching begin ...

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 13
No account?