Driving barefoot

I do so, when I can. Supposedly it's a better/the best way to drive since the lack of anything between your foot and the pedals mean you have a higher degree of control. Though having said that I planned on taking my driving test barefoot, I'd been driving w/o shoes a lot, I preferred it, but it was believed they might not allow me to take the test then. Anyway, have you tried it? Do you like to do so?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
littlem

did you smile? i bet you did.

shirtflirt

i'm an easy target

littlem

so i've heard

shirtflirt

im laughing at you right now

i'm that easy

littlem

HO!!!!!

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i hate driving barefoot. i feel like it severely limits my control rather than raising it.

littlem

do you have barney rubble feet?

myteemo
myteemo profile pic Alumni

d3d on Sep 19 '11 at 4:44pm i hate driving barefoot. i feel like it severely limits my control rather than raising it.

Agreed. It feels too weird!

littlem

do you also have barney rubble feet??

Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

I have a theory that people who wear flip flops a lot wound up driving barefoot a lot and now prefer it. It's kind of like automatic transmission drivers saying that they like it over manual. They just don't know any better. :)

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I like driving an automatic because I can put one leg up on the seat.

Manupix

WarDrobeInSpareOom on Sep 19 '11 at 8:27pm I like driving an automatic because I can put one leg up on the seat.

You might not like it all that much when the airbag goes off.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I'll probably die when the airbag goes off because I sit so close.

littlem

i prefer automatic trans due to the plethora of stop and go traffic here. and i've driven a manual trans before. i'm sure you get used to it, but i just prefer auto

Mya Jamila

WarDrobeInSpareOom on Sep 19 '11 at 10:58am I love driving barefoot. I also used to ride my bike barefoot. And run through the woods barefoot.

I'm basically a hobbit. I do all three of those thing currently. As well as walking to, and from, the bus stop without shoes. My mother forbade me to walk barefoot outside of the house at the end of June, just before she left the country for a month. I tried, I really did. But, I only chalked up something like 10 periods when I wore shoes outside, or didn't take them off, when I typically wouldn't.

SJ27

Are the soles of your feet all black?

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

Driving barefoot is actually illegal here. Little known fact, but it's also very hard to ticket someone for that. But that's why pro drivers have thin-soled shoes etc.

Mya Jamila

Not quite all black. But they're often quite dirty, so I wash them before I go to bed.

SJ27

There was this guy at uni who used to walk around barefoot and his feet went black and he'd put his feet up on the seats on the train. It was gross. I don't think he ever washed them.

SJ27

They're all hygeine related though. None of them are completely insane.

Mya Jamila

People always caution/try to scare me, "You might step on _!" when they see me walking barefoot, or I tell them I do so, but what they don't realize is that I've been going barefoot for as much of my life as I could get away with, I'm not some drunk girl who isn't thinking. I always keep an eye on where I'm walking when I walk barefoot and I almost always have another pair of shoes with me, if I know I won't want to keep my first pair on in case shoes are a must.

Matt, did you know that it's actually more dangerous to pick up and eat food you dropped on your kitchen floor than it is to pick up food you dropped on the ground beside the bus stop? There are more germs/illness causing bacteria, on the floor of your kitchen, unlike the ground beside the bus stop which is more of just regular old "dirt".

SJ27

Yeah, I've heard that. Although I wouldn't eat something off the kitchen floor either though. But it is true I have more of a problem with visible dirt than invisible germs. I'm pretty sure if I was alive a few hundred years ago I'd eat things off the floor (assuming I had a floor back then and not just dirt) and wouldn't wash my hands after going to the toilet etc but would want to wash my hands after I'd been working in the garden etc, because dirt you can see seems dirtier than that you can't.

mullmuggins

I don't drive much any more, but when I did, I didn't really like doing it barefoot. I don't mind walking around without my shoes on, but it doesn't feel good when I'm driving.

Mya Jamila

One of the joys of living in a large metropolitan city Abi, consider me jealous.

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

WarDrobeInSpareOom on Sep 19 '11 at 8:27pm I like driving an automatic because I can put one leg up on the seat.

Oh man I wish I tried that out to see how it would feel before I messed up my knee. I dunno if I can bend that far now ;-; But I did put my foot out the window years ago to see if it was relaxing. It was not.

Chipmnk

Mike is like Inspector Gadget.

Mya Jamila

O.o What if something had happened? You'd be foot/lower leg less. :(

littlem

^oh it's okay, he has a spare leg in his pants.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us