Close
One second...

Driving barefoot

I do so, when I can. Supposedly it's a better/the best way to drive since the lack of anything between your foot and the pedals mean you have a higher degree of control. Though having said that I planned on taking my driving test barefoot, I'd been driving w/o shoes a lot, I preferred it, but it was believed they might not allow me to take the test then. Anyway, have you tried it? Do you like to do so?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Torakamikaze
1 design submitted - Score now!

It feels weird man!

I dont like it one bit!

Chipmnk

This is exactly like wiping my butt with moist towelettes.

Tonteau

Not a fan. But I drive a manual with a big old heavy clutch. Automatics are probably pretty easy to drive with bare feet.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I love driving barefoot. I also used to ride my bike barefoot. And run through the woods barefoot.

I'm basically a hobbit.

SJ27

I never do anything barefoot.

Kookaberry

I wear flip flops a lot, so I usually drive barefoot. The only time I don't is if I am wearing tennis shoes or high heels that are all buckled to my feet. I drive a stick shift and have done so with a big old heavy clutch, and I still prefer it. In fact, I find it even more important in a manual, because I can feel the clutch much better. Makes me feel more like part of the car.

taz-pie

Omg Alwin that sounds so gross! Wait.

Are you saying you like it?

:/

littlem

i do it unless i'm wearing running shoes or something. but i don't like driving with my high heels on.

[+duracell-]

They won't let you take the test barefoot. At least not in the US..who knows what Canada allows.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I think in Canada, the test is administered by a moose. And you're actually driving another moose.

rhythmdev9

I saw a guy riding his motorcycle with flip flops on last week. #kindofrelated

Chipmnk

taz-pie on Sep 19 '11 at 11:39am Omg Alwin that sounds so gross! Wait.

Are you saying you like it?

:/

I don't know, Taryn. I wasn't sure anyone would even notice it so I didn't bother actually thinking about it.

alecks1134

I pretty much only drive barefoot. I also like to set the curse (while on the highway, obviously) and sit indian style. I suggest you give it a try. Ha!

thirteendaisies

I've done it a few times, can't even remember why, maybe because of high heels like littlem, but it feels a little weird when you're used to driving with shoes on.

shirtflirt

i do in the morning it's illegal in the states i believe

sonmi

it is shirt?? i do it sometimes. i like how the pedals feel. feels good man.

shirtflirt

nope apparently it's just a myth

like my sense of humor

Manupix

I'd drive in any kind of footgear as long as Patti Smith is in that car.

Adhesive Hippo

I drive barefoot as often as I can. It is fantasmic.

Twiggyhall

I used to like to when I was younger, but now not so much.

mike bautista

I usually do when I wear slippers. And I have fake grass in my car as added incentive to do it. It makes my mind go whoa.

Chipmnk

Whoawhoa, fake grass in your car??

Chipmnk

How long did it take for the fake seeds to grow?

Bio-bot 9000

I don't like it because I feel like there's more play between my foot and say, the brake pedal. I like the firmness of a shoe-sole to know that when I stomp on the brake, the brake goes down immediately, with no "shock absorption".

But maybe I just have unusually supple feet.

Bio-bot 9000

One time I backed out of the driveway wearing socks. I almost died.

Bio-bot 9000

alecks1134
alecks1134 on Sep 19 '11 at 11:58am I pretty much only drive barefoot. I also like to set the curse (while on the highway, obviously) and sit indian style. I suggest you give it a try. Ha!

That sounds like a very easy way to die or kill a family.

parallelish

ive done it a few times, feels super weird to me, i feel like i have less control

Bio-bot 9000

Too many people drive like there will never be an accident in front of them.

mike bautista

12 times. It took 12 times for it to grow.

Chipmnk

That's how many eggs are in a carton of them.

tracerbullet

i absolutely hate driving barefoot. i feel like i have no control whatsoever.

Chipmnk

More like driving me crazy! amirite?

taz-pie

Actually Alwin, I was once reading an article on anal bleaching (as one does) and they were saying you SHOULD wipe with moist towelettes, to keep the pucker pink.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

taz-pie

I actually wonder why I felt the need to share that :/

the czar

I know this is illegal in the state I live in. Can't imagine doing it, I think it would be weird

taz-pie

This blog may need a new title.

jet approves

i was told driving barefoot, in heels, or in flip flops is illegal in MA.

stubby43

If doctor sheldo. Cooper says driving in flipflops is dangerous thats good enough for me.

stubby43

Sheldon. Im blogging on my new phone but the screens not that sensitive.

Neon Samurai

Yeah, it's illegal here too, I don't mind it but I find that most of the shoes I wear have better grip/traction than my feet.

shirtflirt

"Additionally, the American Automobile Association (AAA) publishes a "Digest of Motor Laws" handbook that is a:

Summary of laws and regulations governing regulation and operation of passenger cars in the United States, its Territories, and the Provinces of Canada. It has a "Barefoot Driving" entry for all states and territories; and for each it says: "Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted."

The 62nd edition has ISBN 0-916748-70-7. You can obtain a copy of the digest through your local AAA club. When I called my local AAA club, they were clueless about the fact thay they sell it. Be persistent. If all else fails, you can contact:

American Automobile Association Traffic Safety and Engineering Department 1000 AAA Drive Heathrow, FL 32746-5063"

shirtflirt

"American States

Alabama: Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted. Exception: motorcycle rider.

Ohio: Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted but not recommended.

California: Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is not prohibited.

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware,Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming: Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted."

Mountain Gnome

I prefer driving barefoot, I feel I have more control, plus i usually wear flipflops and driving with them is somewhat more dangerous and uncomfortable.

I was once told by a driving school instructor, that driving barefoot is dangerous because a spider or such thing might bite you and then you would get a fright and could so some strange dangerous things with your feet and the pedals.

I think its untrue and a conspiracy by shoe manufacturers...

Mountain Gnome

so only in alabama, motorcyclists are prohibited from barefoot driving...

shirtflirt

it's an epidemic...

Neon Samurai

Nice shirt, I'll pull up the Australian Road Rules (and the corresponding Victoria Road Rule). Back in a sec. . .

littlem

it's just one of those unwritten laws. probably, for safety reasons, you're recommended to wear shoes whilst driving. in case of an accident where you get decapitated or something, they want to make sure you don't cut your feet on broken glass whilst stumbling around like a chicken with your head cut off.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?