Close
One second...

The Princess Smurf

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
ibeenthere

Hey folks!rnThis is a design in the making, based on the best movie ever made in my opinion, The princess bride in fusion with the cute little Smurfs! rnrnI still need to add some shadows and highlights and the background (which I sketched really roughly to give you the basic idea of what i had in mind).rnrnWhat do you think?

ibeenthere

So I added better lines for the background gate plus some shadow and mist halftoned texture. Also worked on the lineart of the characters some more, I think it looks much better this way... still need to add some more work onto the background gate lines and of course a bit of shadows and highlights before this is ready...

Will like to hear your thoughts! :)

honestbrowneyes

LOVE!! the princess bride is my absolute favorite movie ever :D and this is so cute. i just think the greenish color you have doesn't really fit well with the vibrancy of the red yellow and blue that you have. it think you could use a begiey/cream color for the 'inigo' and 'fezzik' smurf clothes/hat.. i hope that helps :)

if you have the time, please vote for my design Tower Shower

Ars Fera

Very cute!! I agree with Honestbrowneyes that you should play around with the green-beige color, it does look a little off. Other than that, I think this is perfect :) cute idea, great presentation, and placement looks good too!!

Many Meows is up for voting! Please help these kitties find a home on a tee! Many Meows

ibeenthere

thanks for the comments! will give it a shot:) going to check yours right now:)

ibeenthere

So i drew the whole thing from scratch! made them much smurffier:) Also fiddled with the colors... What do you think? Do they look better than the previous version?

ilya yas

the figures has no air between them, the expression on the back character is better on V2 i think you should be consistent regarding the style of the shadow you use, either flat colors or halftone..

i prefer flat colors for this one..

good luck!

ibeenthere

ok, I agree about everything pretty much:) I'll try to redraw his expression and play with the characters composition (luckely each is drawn saperetly so i can move them around^_^)

any other remarks? color choice wise?

ibeenthere

So I played around with shadows and highlights and change the characters size and Fezzik's face...How does it look? :) forgot to mansion, this is a 7 color print with halftones for the inner gate mist and the ground shadow.

honestbrowneyes

i really like the colors in this one. :) i think that fezzik's mouth in the last one is better, it helps show the strain of him lifting the gate and holding it there... and the cuff part of wesley's gloves kinda make it hard to read that he has any arms so i would shorten them just a little. other than that this is looking really good and makes me want to watch this movie :D

shafrelk

ooh yeah i really like this, and how you've given it more dimension than your earlier versions. i agree with honestbrowneyes though, fezzik's mouth is better in the previous one. other than that, i'd say it's good to go

(vote for me please! :) )

ibeenthere

thanks for the great ideas! i will shorten the gloves:) about the fezzik's expression, are you sure i should give him the prievious version's expression, the more strained one? cause in the original movie poster he looks a little bit like his making an effort but not in a big way, and his mouth is closed...so what is better? very strained expression or the more "na this is just a worm up for me" expression? :)

ibeenthere

So I fixed the gloves on westly and added a bit of ground texture to better fit the bottom of the gate... Still wondering about fezzik's mouth...i like it better closed...what do you prefer this one or Version 3?

ibeenthere

Pre submission bump...I want to submit this so let me know if it's ready!

viograpiks

maybe try to put this in a shrit first to see the correct placement?

My design is up for scoring, if you have time, please comment and score: Solving Rubiks Cube

honestbrowneyes

if you want fezzik's expression to read "really no effort" for lifting the gate then i think his eyes should be open.. even if its just a little. b/c closed it looks like he closed them so he could concentrate on keeping the gate open.. at least to me..

ibeenthere

ok' ill try it out...:) Vio- umm, click on the image dude...there's a placement right there...

ibeenthere

anyother thoughts before i try using this mouth and opening the eyes a bit? people?

Essy_S7

I think it looks good compared to your previous versions. Make sure to note that it is based off of Princess Bride. Once I noticed that, I liked it a lot. Otherwise I was not so impressed. Maybe you could add the Princess Bride title onto it somewhere.

ibeenthere

Ok so I change Fezzik's eyes and played a little bit with the color scheme...trying to "pop" the smurfs out... does this version looks better? is it ready for sub? :)

Giancinho

Good job!! I like how you added the background and details... In my oppinion, it's ready ;)

If you have a second, please score my design :) Peruvian Fighting Frogs

ibeenthere

ibeenthere

So i played some more with the colors of the background gate...what do you think? is it ready?

tezebe

Why don't you make the shadows hard and crisp like all the other lines and colors? It doesn't fit.

tezebe

And I also think you should desaturate the girl's hair a bit. It's way too vivid compared to the rest of the lighting.

tezebe

And the masked guy's mustache. Make it darker. I can hardly see it.

ibeenthere

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone! Here's an improve and hopefully final version... I change the whole mist into solids instead of halftones and made the shadow solid with a fade out gradient to better fit with the style (i did try just sharp shadows but it didn't look good) All in all it's going to be 8 colors print with a little bit of gradient\simulated process for the shadow on the ground.

What do you think? is it ready?

ilya yas

the mist in the back is too present, it makes a bunch of noise in the composition, the girls hair should be less saturated, not darker...

still think the shadow should be solid... the brown color doesn't fit well..

the contrast and hence the focus should be on your characters

ilya yas

also, the iron part of the gate should be more visible..

mattsack

Very cool!! But I think the mist looked better in the half-tone effect. This looks a little clustered.

I added three new tee colors for mine, versions 4 thru 6 of What Do I Do With This?. Any feedback would be so much appreciated!!

ibeenthere

ok thanks everyone, will keep working on it:)

ibeenthere

Reworked the back mist. Added a gate shadow on top of the mist and played with the ground characters shadow...Also desaturated the blond.

Which do you think is the better shadow option (if at all?) the first or the second? (Click on the image to scroll)

Is it ready? anything else I should change/fix after I choose (or fix) the shadow/mist?

tezebe

Oh, so that was mist, in the back, at V8? O_O ...then it was really poorly executed. This one is definitely better.

Her hair does look better. The guy's mustache as well.

I'm not so sure about their shadow on the ground. I think the black is too dark. I would suggest using a different tone, still dark but not black. It's really tricky with these 8 colors, but you can figure it out somehow.

SarahVerrall

Like the use of highlights and shadows. Not sure about the smurf to the rights brown moustache as it looks like a shadow on the top lip. Maybe it should be black or a darker brown to make it stand out more?

Gate is a lot better now as we can clearly see what's being lifted. Its looking really good!

If you have a few minutes would you critique my design http://www.threadless.com/critique/95222/Bears_amp_Beards_01

thanks

ibeenthere

thanks for the comments! going to do some changes and fixes:)

ibeenthere

So new updates! 1. Took out the line art around the gate's bricks...This way it connects better with the tee (I believe). 2. Changed the dark and brown colors to a grayer tone scheme to also better fit the tee and general color scheme. 3. Changed the gate color scheme accordingly. 4. Changed the shadows on the ground some more.

I think this is the best version yet (if not the final) but let me know what you think of this one! :)

Thanks again to everyone who's been helping me so far!

tezebe

Bad idea removing the lines from the gate. Everything else, however, looks great!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?