Close
One second...

does urban outfitters stalk threadless?

they have a floral skull tee and two sugar skulls and it's freaking me out. not that sugar skulls are a completely original idea, it's just the proportions, colors, etc...i'm sure it's just a coincidence but it doesn't make me hate them any less for ripping off other people's work...

Watch this
GyleDesigns
GyleDesigns profile pic Alumni

Can you post some pictures of the urban outfitters products? It would help to see what you mean.

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

Sugar skulls seem to be gaining popularity. It seems like I see a few designs with them each week.

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

does spacesick stalk YOU?

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

no but maybe if you ask nicely

The Shirt Architect

Urban Outfitters also has a Tee with a gun shooting out stars that's almost identical to the Threadless tee of a tank doing the same thing. They're actually pretty well know for stealing other peoples' designs. Some of them are so similar I don't see how they get away with it, but I guess if it's a little bit different and they drew it then it's legal. :|

The Shirt Architect
kathleenisradical
kathleenisradical profile pic Alumni

Um um, what is this? Did Mathiole sell this design to urban outfitters or is urban outfitters part of design by humans?

If none of the above, they ripped it directly from DBH. (I know DBH is a competing tshirt company, but this rip off still bothers me)

Its even got the same name :x

Urban Outfitters Shirt

DBH shirt

bottleHeD

I believe DBH licences some of its designs to Urban Outfitters.

nathanwpyle at gmail.com
nathanwpyle at gmail.com profile pic Alumni

I was curious about their selection once recently and took a photo. A lot of the ones stocked at this store were pop-culture iconic type stuff, but more threadless-y was elsewhere

SJ27

I think in the past there were some direct rip-offs at Urban Outfitters.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do stalk Threadless and other popular tee labels now. Partly to avoid "accidentally" paying for a rip-off again, but also to follow trends.

Brightwood
Brightwood profile pic Alumni

I think UO also had a connection in the past with Society6...at the same time TL was hooking up with S6.

dollierocker

all good things to know...i remember a controversy about a top with a bomber dropping cupcakes? or something like that...i've seen them steal BLATANTLY from jewelry makers...it's very annoying. just more reasons for people to BUY INDIE. it's worth it in every way.

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

That's why I sew my own shirts.

No account?
Join Us