Close
One second...

Terror Vincit Omina

• by mathiole
  • posted Sep 05, 2011
  • 113 Comments

I tried to make something different from what we're used to see on horror competitions (zombies, bloods, parodies with zombies and horror films etc).

I wanted to create something meaningful/deep, but also something we should be scared off.

Terror vincit omina its a word play with a common latin say "Amor vincit omina", which means love conquers all. Terror vincit omina means "ruled by fear". Even though i believe in love, i can not stop thinking how we are so ruled by fear, and always where, always will...that's horrifying!

i hope you like

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
mathiole
mathiole profile pic Alumni

I tried to make something different from what we're used to see on horror competitions (zombies, bloods, parodies with zombies and horror films etc).

I wanted to create something meaningful/deep, but also something we should be scared off.

Terror vincit omina its a word play with a common latin say "Amor vincit omina", which means love conquers all. Terror vincit omina means "ruled by fear". Even though i believe in love, i can not stop thinking how we are so ruled by fear, and always where, always will...that's horrifying!

i hope you like

ben chen
ben chen profile pic Alumni

love it

Boycey

Sweet!

grayehound
grayehound profile pic Alumni

This has an Beardsley-esque quality that is wonderful. The girl feels bigger than the skeleton, though, and that throws off the feeling for me a little. I wonder if the reversed cross will scare away some people as well.

Raulio
Raulio profile pic Alumni

Terrific!! Win $5

mirisch

Great illu and the beardslyesque-quality is great!

jajaodd

FUCKING PERCFECT !

rufio72

i like it :) $5

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

Most original piece I've seen in the competition. Really hope this prints.

mreisel
mreisel profile pic Alumni

brilliant!!!!

auto_k

GREAT!

Monnserato

muy buena ilustración!!! :)

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

this will print on monday, november 7, 2011. $5

cintrao
cintrao profile pic Alumni

perfection 5$

The Escape Artist

I would wear this without the text, or if the text were more integrated into the design itself. Otherwise, this is absolutely stunning, original and a very strong contender in the contest.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us