storm's a comin'

grab the plywood, ma

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Steve The Great

cooking on a grill in the garage sounds like a bad plan.

[+duracell-]

Guess I should grab a big bag of ice tonight before its all gone.

jenraskopf

We are having a hurricane party too. By sunday I may be living on the island of Astoria.

[+duracell-]

People done lost their mind. They completly cleared out all of the bread and water at my grocery store. rolleyes Keep in mind that I'm at the very outer fringe of the storm.

thirteendaisies

thirteendaisies on Aug 26 '11 at 12:29am Why'd they have to name a hurricane after me? I'd prefer it if people would name their kittens after me.

Steve The Great on Aug 26 '11 at 12:35am I'll name my next kitten Irene.

Thanks Steve! And I'll name my next kitten after you.

I try not to take it personally, the writing on the boarded up windows on the news. "Pass on 'Bye' Irene" and "Don't be Mean Irene." I swear I am a nice person. I have references.

Johnny Baboon
Johnny Baboon profile pic Alumni

i'm ready and set. Bring it on Irene. My prep consisted of getting a case of beer, cheez-its, and getting all my whitewater kayaking gear ready for some of the local creeks.

Twiggyhall

johnny paul FTW

kayceislost

You want me to grill outside during a hurricane Steve? HUH? Now THAT sounds like a bad plan.

thirteendaisies

The pictures of Irene do look scary though. (Not of me, of the hurricane. I'm always incredibly gorgeous in mine.)

the czar

No matter what track it takes my town is gonna get blasted. Not looking forward to this. Just hope the power stays on. They are saying ten inches of rain. We have had about 7-8 in the last week. no where for this shit to go. last time we had no drinking water for a week because the treatment plant was flooded.

[+duracell-]

Bend Irene! Bend you SOB!

Steve The Great

well the hurricane will be gone by tomorrow. so if you don't have power for a week then you oughtta grill outside.

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

Damn, the party I was going to attend in DC got canceled. What a bunch of softies.

Steve The Great

oh dear lord it's raining lightly. RAINING LIGHTLY

the czar

Tornado warnings now. Weird

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

OMG, my fucking lawn is wet. Can you believe this shit? GET THE SANDBAGS!

taz-pie

You guys

[+duracell-]

sigh

this damn thing keep moving inland mad face this is as of 2:00pm;

i dont know if i should start packin or what

[+duracell-]

Halfway between that route 83 icon and the c in Lancaster I'll be ok if it says on course, it just sucks cause i have other properties to worry about.

[+duracell-]

Hopefully Omair or someone can give updates ..that is, if they havent already had to evacuate

Steve The Great

wow, they're actually playing a lacrosse game in Annapolis. it's pretty much pouring out there.

Johnny Baboon

Delaware isn't evacuating as far as I know. We're just going to sit tight.

Steve The Great

it's been sooo boooooring :/ been a rough week too.

Johnny Baboon

ok some parts of delaware have had mandatory evacuations but not newark, where omair and i are.

today has been a good today. a bit of relaxing, some cleaning, grilled steaks for dinner, and now watching dr who.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

it's raining kinda heavily right now, but that's about it. hardly had anything so far today. it'll probably pick up tonight, i imagine.

jet approves

i'm doing nothing to prepare for this hurricane. not sure what i could even do if i wanted to but it's supposed to be pretty bad tomorrow and monday. UVM canceled school monday.

Omair

they closed our store early today, at 5. Which is apparently a bad sign, because our district manager is apparently a total dick when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Omair

it doesn't feel like a saturday at all, I think the only problem I've had so far is not being able to get any gas. I dont' know when I'll be able to fill my tank.

Omair

so far we've just had rain here and there, the wind hasn't picked up that much. There's a little flooding, and some fallen trees, but as the day progresses I know conditions will worsen. My biggest issue is not having power for several days.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

erect a sail on your roof and harness some hurricane.

jet approves

yeah it'll really suck if the power goes down for a while because i have no life and all i've got for entertainment is the interwebs. also, i live in the middle of nowhere so this will probably be the last place to get the power lines fixed if shit goes down.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

get everyone's phone number so you can text away the boredom.

jet approves

oh i don't have a phone right now eiher. i just use a texting app on my ipod that i need to be connected to the internet to use.

tracerbullet

i'm watching nbc news, and they just did a report from new york. times square is nearly empty. so weird.

the czar

Haha what idiots

the czar

Wow the rain has really picked up. Pounding the house now.

Johnny Baboon

tornado warnings all around us now.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

the guy taking photos from his car strikes me as a bigger idiot than the one with his dick out.

tracerbullet

tornado warning in philly, too

Johnny Baboon

just took a run/patrol about the neighborhood, there's one street with about a foot and half deep pond sitting on top of it.

[+duracell-]

Lights flickering Cable is out guess I'm done for the night be safe yall

Omair

the rain has been coming down pretty hard for the last hour or two, we did get some light flickering, but the cable/internet is still up.

Omair

this was about an hour ago, that's about 3 or 4 inches on the surface.

[+duracell-]

aaaaand, power's out :(

Twiggyhall

Be safe, you guys!!!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us