Close
One second...

Help Threadless Speak Your Language!

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Aug 10, 2011
  • 150 Comments

Did you know more than half of our community lives outside of the United States? It’s true! And although we are always amazed by and so grateful for how many people in other countries speak our language, it makes us sad that we can’t speak their languages. So we decided to do something about it. Every Threadstaffer enrolled in a class to learn to speak different languages. We’re exactly 100 strong, so we decided to learn 100 different ones! But this made work difficult because 1) no one could speak the same language 2) no one spoke any language well.*

So we came up with a new plan. We thought, why not ask the people who already speak these languages to help us out? In the grand scheme of things, we’re always working to make Threadless better for community members and Threadfans everywhere. You can help people who only speak your language have as much fun on Threadless as you do.

We’re looking for native speakers in other countries who could help us out with translations. What languages? Any language other than English! We've started translating the site to German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese, there’s still plenty left in English. We could still use tons more help with these languages and pretty much any other language out there! You can help us translate our website to your native language and do other awesome stuff to help us out in your country. To find out more about how you can participate and get involved, just fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.

What's in it for you? Random Threadless love notes and high fives when you visit the Chicago office. If you're super awesome at translating, we might send a few tees your way!

*This actually never happened

Here's the form to fill out!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
gumbolimbo
gumbolimbo profile pic Alumni

dutch and gobbledegook speaker here

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Standing by to fill out a form for Spanish speaking translator

Steven Rice
Steven Rice profile pic Alumni

*Watching blog.

Español!

alvarejo
alvarejo profile pic Alumni

SE HABLA ESPANOL

ilovedoodle
ilovedoodle profile pic Alumni

Chinese simplified or traditional

fatcat17

Brazilian Portuguese or European Portuguese?

.D3

portuguese, portugal? english lol

Gelly Neves

I can speak portuguese!

Dzjoowie

Another Dutch one here!

kosvam

Ελληνικά = Greek here.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

I speak New Mexican

Incendiario

¡Hablo español del mero chido! Pura finura y cosa bien entendida. / I speak spanish very very cool! Just pure finest and well sense words.

hondzik

Polish & a bit of Dutch, may I add.

hondzik

Polish & a bit of Dutch, may I add.

beti7

Hello:) I offer help with Polish:)

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

i can teach you to talk english good

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

Someone from Australia should just smile and hand you a Vegemite sandwich.

Cosmonautix

would love to offer help with Ukrainian and Russian, if needed.:)

Jordski

swedish

suisse_miss

I am with a Geneva-based agency that is bilingual English and French if you need French translation help.

nickelljosh

Thanks for all the AWESOME help everyone!! Don't forget to fill out the form above if interested. We'll need it to contact ya!

novel

From Russia with love and any help : )

chicagobob

wow... seriously?

what is it like $20-$50 to translate a page? you're margins are really that tight you need a bro deal from your community? and if I'm incorrect and it's actually more expensive... then that's even more of a case to not exploit your community. sorry to sound like an old curmudgeon just surprised to see this.

Isgolas

Another spaniard here. Glad to help. :)

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

sounds like chicagobob is out then.

Radziecki

Another Polish guy here!

chicagobob

yes... i am admittedly an old curmudgeon. wha wha

zgldt

I can perfecty and properly translate everything you want in Spanish... forever! I am a native speaker and I guess I have pretty good english to translate it with the very same sense and meaning as you wrote it.

rodrigobhz
rodrigobhz profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I can help! Brazilian Portuguese!

Naolito
Naolito profile pic Alumni

I can help with spanish :)

Floisvos

all these sounds GREEK to me and guess what! I can translate it! lol

Ksaniya

Russian and Ukrainian again )) Gosh! It's a competition already )) Ok, my trump card is that I'm an experienced web content administrator both in Russian and English.

dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni

Tagalog here from Manila Philippines :D

A92Crew

serbian/croatian here

Redshift Survey

Am i the only one who speak french ? I can help you to have a very good french on your website. See ya !

maya.okubo

I LOVE TO HELP MY JAPANESE LANGUAGE!!! ;)

nefertiti-art

Professional Russian translator with linguistic education

alineunderpressure

Professional "BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE- English" translator/interpreter here!

corymercado

tagalog also from Philippines ;)

MisterMaze

I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one who has Dutch as their native tongue, while still being fluent in english. Most people in the Netherlands tend to have a good control of english too.

Hiatus

American Sign Language interpreter!

trindli

should i fill this out if i have been doing german translations for you already? :)

Heraz

One more native dutch speaker here!

hasnas

another Romanian!

sinswept

Svenska! (Swedish) :D

penthesilya

Russian and Hebrew, Linguistics degree (in English :) )

lovelylollipop

So... appears I'm the first Dane to report for duty? ;-)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?