Don't cry over spilled milk

• by gispacho
  • posted May 27, 2011
  • 18 Comments

Watch this
gispacho
How can I make this perfect guys?! :)
boxless
could be cleaned up a bit in illustrator or a similar software, this will get rid of pixelation, and less tears, more milk puddle. and if you have a chance, i could use a critique: Pixel Perfect
gispacho
4th shot at this re-drew it in illustrator what do you guys think?
gispacho
just noticed the leg :P redone in illustrator. Let me know what you guys think :)
gispacho
let me know what you guys think :)
eldryan
Nice idea! The only thing I'm missing is the spilled milk to give more expression. Or at least it looks like the cow is lying in a puddle of its own tears. I like the drawing style, but there are some misalignments. One line of the leg is above the udder, one leg seems to overlay the mouth and for the right bottom leg the lines don't fit the hoof. Suspects
Authoriseduser
ha ha ha... dur so lame. Who ill buy that?
mightymuffin
Cows have only 4 udders :)
EdSneek
Really cool idea :) I have some suggestions. First of all, make the outlines with the same thickness, maybe use 2 kinds of thickness. But now it's really messy... tears are too thick, but you've got two thin tears, how about making them with same outline thickness? Really i think that remaking the outline work would really help. You could drop some tears. Instead of that puddle, you should add somewhere the spilled milk. It would be more obvious than, people would see it and they wouldn't have to look at the title first. I hope i helped, this is a good concept so you have to accept the critique :P Good luck ;) Oi! and my newest design is up for scoring mate, so support me by scoring and commenting on it! thanks ;)
Shinki-doodles
This is a great concept, but I think it would really help if you had the lines more like the same thickness. Right now it feels very scattered and disorganized. Also, it would help illustrate the concept more if you had spilled milk somewhere in the design. One last thing. Cows only have four glands on their udders. Good luck on your design. :) My design is up for scoring! Please support me by voting and commenting! Thank you. :)
gispacho
Wow! Thanks so much guys i haven't gotten a chance to get on here lately but this is really helpful. I'll get to work on a new one which should be up tomorrow. Thanks again!!
permadi_31
try more shadow
gispacho
Allright last critique was way helpful! Thanks so much again. I made all outlines 2 points other than the tears which are 1 fixed udders and alinement and made the puddle of tears a puddle of milk. What do you guys got for me now :) Thanks again for all the help guys
jinshio
A bit more of work dude specially in face (maybe tears a bit more down) nice idea
RedRobinArts
Hmmm....I think the image would be better if it were a bit smaller, actually. Please crit if you have a moment?
kleaie
Hey you've definitely come a long way from your first version! Kudos to you. I think the illustration speaks so loudly for itself already that the text may not be necessary at all. As well as, I love that you have cleaned up the lines, and I can tell you've added more detail. But to submit it, could definitely add a bit more shading and clean up the lines around the cow's nose a tad more. Love to see how it goes Take a gander at mine? Last day to vote XD