Close
One second...

Swingball Championships

Summer is all about the Swingball championships.

mr.frnk.pl/swingball

Do you guys call it swingball or is that just a British thing?

Watch this
SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

swingball = tetherball?

SuperRyan

thank you, wiki

A game similar to tetherball is swingball (also called totem tennis). It uses a smaller, softer ball that the players strike with racquets. It is more popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. In these countries, tetherball is virtually unknown. Swingball has a shorter pole (about 1.5 metres (4.9 ft) in height). It is portable, and the ball flies around the pole at a constant distance (also about 1.5 metres (4.9 ft)) on a helical screw. The game ends when the ball reaches the top or bottom of the screw. Generally the ball used for these games is either a tennis ball, or a softer, sponge-rubber ball. The racquets are usually the size of tennis racquets, but are constructed of hard plastic. The game is played informally, usually with the pole being driven into a lawn or other grassy area, or as a holiday game on a flat stretch of sandy beach.

SuperRyan

so it's tennis on a stick without a court

crazy

frankplastic

cheers SuperRyan. Yep, i've never heard of tetherball. The ball looks a lot bigger than in swingball...

mullmuggins

Swingball has a shorter pole (about 1.5 metres (4.9 ft) in height)

Dang, it must have been a long time since I played swingball. I could have sworn that the pole was like 6' or something. Taller than me anyway.

SuperRyan

What if you're a dwarf and have just unknowingly been wearing really tall shoes all this time?

:^O

No account?
Join Us