Close
One second...

Threadless Bonita

This is a bit of a wall of text, so I'll toss this in for people who don't feel like reading:

3 new things:
1) You can now use this in Safari. There might be a few small styling things that need to get fixed still, but it otherwise should be the same as the Chrome version.

2) Since I started making this, the delay from rendering on the /blogs page has annoyed me. To counteract that somewhat I added "no reload refreshing" (default on new installs, or you can turn this on in the 2nd tab of the options or just click "reset defaults" and that will take care of it for you). When its on, the blogs will update without the page loading if you:
use the auto-refresh timer
navigate to another page of the blogs
switch to a different blog section
use one of the filters (eg, only watched)
It will look something like this when its loading a new page, which should just take a couple seconds:

This also works best having links automatically open in new tabs, so that is turned on by default, but can also be turned off in the 2nd options tab.

edit 8/1: this also works on the pages for the actual blog, as well as having a minor overhaul of the page navigation. Useful for when you're on a page that references a comment on another without dealing with tabs or having to leave the current page.

3) I also figured that theres as RSS feed of people's blogs that I might as well take advantage of, so if you click on the magnifying glass to the right of the user's name, it should show you the contents of the post. I say should because 1) for some people, not all of their blogs like to show up for whatever reason and 2) its limited to the last 10 blogs a person has made, so old blogs probably won't work. Its pretty handy for a quick view to see what a new blog is about.

In lieu of the old wall of text, heres a list of features for anyone seeing this for the first time:
Updated blog layout (current form expands on what the default will be in the future)
No /blogs or /profile blogs refreshing (see above)
Automatically refresh the /blogs page (every 5/10/20 minutes)
Ability to ignore blogs -- useful for "promote your design" blogs
' Favorite' users -- just adds a star next to their name so they stand out a bit more
Comment preview to make sure everything looks right before you post it.
Quick formatting buttons for comment (sort of like the defaults, but better)
Quick post comments to post without the page refreshing
Emulate powerscore on regular voting pages -- lets you vote with the 0-6 buttons if that suits your fancy
Commenting button in /powerscore (beneath the voting boxes) to be able to comment without leaving the page. This shouldn't be necessary for much longer, but until the normal way is fixed, I'll keep this in here.
Alternate search form that remembers its state between pages.
Get rid of some of the page clutter from banners/social media

I suppose a link to the download would also be nice: get it here

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
DesignbyProxy

OMFG. Threadless needs to hire the crap out of you

DesignbyProxy

HOLY CRAP... THIS IS BRILLIANT! some minor issues, but I totally dig where it is going. If you need any design help in updates or anything, I'd love to help out this project.

squintygirl

Sweet Zombie Jesus, you are a god.

aled

This is so excellent.

Resistance

Installed and using. This rocks.

squintygirl

I'm watching this blog so I can download this at home.

EXCITE!

aled

I'd love to see functionality updates like this. There is so many websites killing it at the moment and Threadless should be RIGHT UP THERE!

Ragnampiza

Yes...you are hired. Only thing: could you make it for other browsers?

Btw, this is WOWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

altair4444

woah, just perfect! threadless, do it!

aled

I'm in ur chrome extension, bloggin ur threadless

DesignbyProxy

Even the link functions work better than what threadless has programmed. I'm typing on the fly really cool.

Chipmnk

This is legit.

Bramish

Works for me. Well done!

Robbino

This is sweet!

ir0cko

good stuff

Mightor

reading blog

speedyjvw

this is great!

webcite

psherman42: you're taking threadless HQ by storm!

psherman42

A couple changes I'll make sometime soon:

1) Fix the comment preview stuff on the post blog pages. I didn't actually realize that it didn't work until I was posting this since I don't post blogs very often.

2) Come up with some way to have jpg's only for voting work on powerscore. I assume this isn't a very necessary feature (and a bit annoying because not all of the jpgs include a template), but tehnically speaking its broken right now.

Also, not sure if anyone noticed, but I tossed a powerscore link under the participate dropdown so you don't have to go to the voting page to get to that (sans having the page bookmarked or typing it in)

I'll look into a Firefox extension, but I'm not really sure how their extension system is setup, so it might not just be a plug n play of the Chrome version.

polarizeme
polarizeme profile pic Staff

I just let out a Keanu type "whoa."

mike bautista
1 design submitted - Score now!

This is really nice! I have to get used to how it looks, but other than that, it's really a step-up. One thing though, is there a button that can open blogs to its last page?

Coleblotcky

this rules. and i don't even use chrome,

psherman42

mike bautista on Mar 02 '11 at 2:21pm This is really nice! I have to get used to how it looks, but other than that, it's really a step-up. One thing though, is there a button that can open blogs to its last page?

Yes, I added 'Pages' to the same line as the info about who posted the blog. For blogs with less than 50 comments, it doesn't appear, for blogs with 6 or less pages it shows pages 1-6, and for blogs with n pages where n>6, it shows 1-3 and pages n-2,n-1, and n

stubby43

<big>this is awesome</big>, any chance we could have some colour html in their as well?

stubby43

I love the additional features, the only thing I'd add is that I dont really like the way the blog pages actually look with this extension, I prefer the old site.

that aside thanks for building this update for us, in terms of functionality its awesome.

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff

Sweetness! But how do I view the next page of blog listings? The page buttons have vanished.

jodabaum

not a google fan, so no chrome here..... but this looks awesome !

staffell

Holy fuck man

psherman42

stubby43 on Mar 02 '11 at 2:32pm I love the additional features, the only thing I'd add is that I dont really like the way the blog pages actually look with this extension, I prefer the old site.

that aside thanks for building this update for us, in terms of functionality its awesome.

Do you mean the threadless.com/blogs pages? You can turn that off under the settings, just uncheck 'Format Blogs'.

shimala on Mar 02 '11 at 2:32pm Sweetness! But how do I view the next page of blog listings? The page buttons have vanished. Fixing that now. The extension auto-updates, so that will get pushed out sometime later, or a fresh download once I fixed it will get rid of that oversight.

stubby43

oh cool, thats awesome man.

stubby43

It might just be me but I cant seem to find the settings and the format blogs, I can find edit blog defaults but theres nothing about changing the formatting.

stubby43

scratch that, found it.

phraze

Using it now, looks great!

aled

I love having first and last three pages under the title. Gives a good impression of the size of the blog.

Chipmnk

My only issue is that it takes a second for the extension to snap in when you refresh the blog page, though I guess that's just the nature of it being an extension of the browser instead of an actual website modification.

Noh_Body

Fresh dude, loving it

tracerbullet

holy crap, this looks amazing. i would love to have this as a firefox add-on at some point so i could try it out. unfortunately i'm not a big fan of chrome.

aled

^ I'd also like for there to be a 'spoiler' and/or 'NSFW' feature - like Emptees had and like you can do on reddit - where an image or text is censored until it is hovered over or clicked on. Partly for the novelty value - but I think it would get a lot of use here.

Another feature I'd like to see it one where you can just drop an image url in without having to write the code. The BRC forum has that capability and it's really handy. This kind of function with an auto readjust to 600px or whatever the width is (and a button to expand the original) would be great.

The way that code is used on the Threadless forum and the 'allowed html' box with the codes that has to be explained to n00bs is a function that really is written by developers and is not the best way to present the formatting options. It hasn't changed for as long as I've been on Threadless and could do with a rethink.

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
1 design submitted - Score now!

wholy shit! lol

jublin

sounds amazing, downloading now.

looks like it may be missing some buttons with funny sound effects. maybe in the next update?

stubby43

needs more

rhythmdev9

amazing!!! what's going to suck is when I get used to this and get on another comp and don't have it...

opifan64

wow!! great stuff!!! comment preview is genius.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

oh wow awesome

rhythmdev9

I love that the clickable HTML stuff goes right where my cursor is and puts the cursor right where you want it to be.

This will clearly be a competitive advantage when calling dibs with this picture...

opifan64

rhythmdev9 on Mar 02 '11 at 3:58pm I love that the clickable HTML stuff goes right where my cursor is and puts the cursor right where you want it to be.

I didn't even notice that feature. again, genius!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?