Close
One second...

cAROUSAL

• by Jehsee
  • posted Mar 01, 2011
  • 56 Comments

My first submission here on Threadless. 6-color design on a brown shirt. Soft-hand printing preferred. Not much else to say, hope you all like!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Jehsee

My first submission here on Threadless. 6-color design on a brown shirt. Soft-hand printing preferred. Not much else to say, hope you all like!

boostr29
boostr29 profile pic Alumni

cool illo

NazariaN

great illo..!!

mezla

great colours and a powerfull style!

if you have some time, please vote my first submission: Dreamcatcher

Badut Bego

wonderful, $5! :0)

h.h3ctor

pretty cool illo!

Skate_e1

nice illo 5$

MEKAZOO

super illustration! Would be better without the halftones tho. 4!

Gensanity

This is very clean, & I really dig the pattern you used for the bg.

Binxent
Binxent profile pic Alumni

very nice.. i like it!

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

wow. the details are a little indistinct but it's really nicely done. it'd be amazing if the girl and horse were just a bit easier to seperate, and i don't think the halftone adds anything. otherwise awesome.

jun087

Nice...love the colors combination!

Jehsee

Thanks for the comments everyone! I see some mixed feelings on the halftone... I thought it looks good without, but the background kinda makes it "pop" a little more.

As far as the details being "hard to separate"... I tried everything, trust me, but with such a limited pallet, I'm not sure what can be done. Hopefully it can be appreciated even though some people might have to look twice at it to see what's going on.

Wilfur

Very beautiful vector art~ i love it so much!! 5

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
2 designs submitted - Score now!

really cool!

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

WOW!

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Nice pun. Great style, too.

Coleblotcky
Coleblotcky profile pic Alumni

i dont think you need the halftones behind the image. something else back there might be cool.

deaddreamer

thats quite insane - i like it.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

◠‿◠✿

Pjpram

Love it

Jehsee

DAMN... much harsher scoring here than I expected!

Jehsee

DAMN... much harsher scoring here than I expected!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Funny Leon commented here, because I thought this was him for half a second when i saw the design, lol. Agree with Leon regarding the half-tones, at least less of them and smaller...

Amazing idea, I too had trouble distinguishing all the pieces of the girl and horse but I kind of thought that was your intention, to make the whole design blend together but on second look, you see all the distinctions between objects.

bykai
bykai profile pic Alumni

ooowwwyeahh!!

mangobajito
mangobajito profile pic Alumni

cool design, halftone is a bit too much, imho, but very good!! :)

bluepanda

WOA! never seen a style like this before!

ivanrodero

After the third look you can see both figures nicely and I like the halftones it helps it to have more of a burlesque feel.

I would only change the colour of the horse leg to yellow like the rest and that could help to separate the girl from it.

Good work there!

Jehsee

Alright! So the halftone is too much seems to be the consensus... am I able to upload a version without it... or is this it?

Thanks for the compliments on my style... if you want to see more of my work, visit my DeviantArt http://nosredna1313.deviantart.com/

tokyo_duck

great! you got my 5!)

Major M

really really nice 5$

so to your question, normally this is it, but if you make some big change in your design you can upload it for scoring again, but i don't think that remove the halftone is a big change (you can see it on my monkey design, i uploaded it twice, first version and than a really revised version.)

i would be very very interested in some step by step pictures how do you made this design. :)

Jehsee

Thanks!

Actually... it'd be the most boring & amateur tutorial if I ever made one. EVERYTHING but the sketch was done with a 4px hard brush in Photoshop, larger brush just to fill in large areas of color. What WOULD probably be interesting to see is my vectorizing process of an image like this... that's actually a little more complex. What you're seeing here is 100% Raster, but if it went to print I would vectorize it.

Major M

You kidding me... you did this only with a 4px brush in photoshop without illustrator or any vector program? How did you get that clean lines? It looks like you totally did this with an vector program... :)

I tried drawing with a wacom tablet in photoshop but how it's possible to get THAT clean lines and that clean style?

(Sorry for my bad english.)

Jehsee

Yep, just the brush, that's it... no pen tool or anything else... linework like this would take SOOO long using such tools and would lack personality.

PRESTEGUI

omg great style!!

Braniel

awesome:)

Mr Vela

very nice!!! 5$

eggy11

looks great

daleconcepts

very interesting illo!!!

Page:
  1. 1