Close
One second...

Is everyone blind, or is it just me?

I'm not sure why this got printed, I've seen a thousand better prints. Lately all the designs printed just don't interest me.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

It's a select, and upso was updating an old well known design of his.

bananaphone

Ps where are the thousands of better prints, i could use some new tees =P

lemonalle

That's surprising! Usually everyone likes all of the prints.

squintygirl

The great thing about this is, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Lots of designs will appeal to some people and not to others. This doesn't really interest me, either, but I just keep my wallet firmly in my bag and move on. :)

shadowboy

rr - it's just you...

shadowboy

BTW - nice funbags on your profile pic.

whisper in water

Hahaha! I love lemonalle's comment in here.

And personally, this is one of my favourite Threadless shirts ever. It's so different from anything else. When I first saw it, I didn't even think I liked it, but after looking at it a bit more, I fell in love. The colours and the style... Wow.
But maybe I'm blind.

mediashapes

I think this is the best T-shirt design of all time. I'm not just talking about Threadless either. This is, unquestionably, the best T-shirt design in the history of T-shirt design. That would make this UPSO person the greatest T-shirt designer of all time. I think we should all just quit and let UPSO design all of our T-shirts from now on. Man, what a genius.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to kill myself.

lemonalle

Indeed, the more I look at this, the closer I come to reaching for my wallet...

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i'm just glad to see the Select designers get some respect and are trusted to design what they wish. Maybe none of us realise how good this really is, or maybe it's rubbish and will never sell. Either way as a respectable proven artist UPSO decided to offer this without the influence of voters and criticism making it one of the few truly individual designs among so many similarly themed or designed ones.

AsStarsGoOut

I like the way the hands are drawn. . .and I wish it didn't have the lightning bolts or the heart

mediashapes

making it one of the few truly individual designs among so many similarly themed or designed ones.

Then why does it look like his other design?

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

that's 2 out of several hundred. i'd still call that pretty unique. especially when there's other themes that pop up every other week.

mediashapes

that's 2 out of several hundred.

That were both designed by the same person.

i'd still call that pretty unique.

I call it "phoning it in."

bananaphone

"thanks! it was great being able to make an update to my old design!" - upso

I have no problem with what he did really, sometimes you look at an old piece and think of a new way to deliver it that you get excited about.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

the fact they were both designed by the same person only supports it. if anyone else had designed something so similar you could call it a knockoff, but matt groening draws the simpsons exactly the same way every time and nobody bitches about that. that's what you get when somebody has a style. i don't want to argue about it but i do want to defend the artists right to do it their way.

mediashapes

"thanks! it was great being able to make an update to my old design!" - upso

Yeah, because there's no point in trying to come up with fresh ideas and, y'know, be stylistically diverse.

lemonalle

Yeah, because there's no point in trying to come up with fresh ideas and, y'know, be stylistically diverse.

What's wrong with doing both -- coming up with new designs (which I'm sure the artist does) and revisiting and improving upon old designs?

mediashapes

matt groening draws the simpsons exactly the same way every time and nobody bitches about that.

When you're doing a series (cartoon;comic book;movie;etc) you have to be consistant. Here, UPSO had a chance to do something different and he repeated himself. He bitched out. He could have brought something different to the table and he did the same thing he did before.

What a pussy.

whisper in water

It has the same symbols it has before, with more included, and a completely (completely) different style.
I wouldn't even blink at the old version, and the new version is one of my favourite Threadless shirts ever. So I'd say it's pretty different.

GadFlie

I think you guys don't get it.

These are self-portraits of the artist named Upso. The first one was called Upso. When they asked him to do a second one, maybe he thought to himself, hey, I've changed a lot since the first self-portrait, maybe I'll do another one and see how I'm different. It still looks the same, because he's still the same guy, but it also looks different, because maybe now he sees himself as having all this mystical powers stuff.

pwaulie

compared to the rest of upso's illustrations on the site, i think this is lacking many design tenants that s/he seems to have. i personally don't think it is the best work. who cares if it is like the first or better or not, or whatever. it's still not the best.

toutbeaucoup

I think it looks greaaaat. I am going to buy this :D

foe

I apologize for your similar chromosomes. You lose.

rocketrobyn
rocketrobyn profile pic Alumni

I took a second look and I still don't like it. Just a matter of opinion.

maija

I ordered this on sale last week and it just arrived today. When I first saw this design, I loathed it. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it. Now I have it for my very own and I lurve it. I can't say why. Maybe there is a mind-control message encoded in it.

maija

BTW, the skull on mine is a delicious acid green.

Cypress

i dont really like it either, it seams like some kid at my school would draw

drmtama2

its one of my favorites that i have.... how can you judge something you don't own?

mrs. squid

Wow, you don't like this shirt (which I love) and you're a thief.

Maybe you could steal a better design.

PinkSabbath

yeahhhh at least its original. plus if its a select tee that means the designer was talented enough to get other shirts printed before this one.

drmtama2

this is one of my favorite shirts...

and to answer your question... you are blind.. or perhaps have a simple taste

drmtama2

and for a future note..

i bought your tagged... it is lovely

PinkSabbath

its not her tagged. she jacked it from someone with actual talent

drmtama2

i just found out this idea or design was stolen..!

HAHA!!

i am glad i ordered it... it will become the next "Def Leppard" shirt

drmtama2

true true pink... i don't buy to support designers.. i buy to support the design..

mrs. squid

drmtama2 on Dec 11 '06 at 10:02pm
true true pink... i don't buy to support designers.. i buy to support the design..

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

drmtama2

well mrs. squid..

i liked it... so i bought it..

drmtama2

if it is taken out of my purchases i will understand ... i agree it is lame to steal ideas.. but the shirt is amazing.. and i am sad and will be sad

:(

mrs. squid

Well drmtama2, I buy shirts to support designers so they will hopefully make more designs I like.

drmtama2

true true... squid.. we all didn't know about this.. like i stated before and as you highlighted i don't buy to support designers.. unless they are indeed good people.. i guess i should have pointed out that i would still want this to support the original designer.. who got jipped

PinkSabbath

either way i still really want this shirt adn jacket and its killing me that i cant bring myself to order it... damn morals.

drmtama2

pink i saw order it... in no way will threadless rip off the original designer(s) ... they will perhaps come to an agreement of sorts and settle this by some form of compensation

PinkSabbath

yeah, i think im going to at least wait and see what they decide to do. i know threadless will make the right choice.

repubblica

same here pink sabbath. i wanted to get this shirt but id feel guilty or something

drmtama2

i feel guilty now.. but i am telling myself threadless will fix it.. if they asked all buyers to cancel their orders of it i would .. in a heart beat...

mahalov
mahalov profile pic Alumni

wait........ wait

this coming from a designer who rips art of people?

repubblica

you shouldnt feel guilty since you didnt know when you ordered

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us