Close
One second...

Nerd Tears

Watch this
MrRossPhillips

Thought this was quite a neat idea, although I have a feeling it has been done before.rnrnWould love any advice, especially on colour choices.rn

speakerine
1 design submitted - Score now!

this is cool! I would say to keep this colors fir the design, and change the tee colors for a more flashy one. good luck!

MrRossPhillips

Hey,

I like the fish idea, I'll give that a go!

MrRossPhillips

Added some fish in quickly. Still rough but you get the idea. Any better?

Ornaart

Nice! :) I'm not sure what else to offer... tiny details perhaps - in the fish and glasses. Try making the fish similar but different in a way (2 eyes are never exactly the same), defining them with details and shape - maybe a little angled like a smiling-moon (that might resemble closed eyes)...

Ryder

i'm a little unclear why there are fish...

i think it needs some tape in the middle if you want the "nerd" message to get across...

MrRossPhillips

Yes, the title doesn't work so well with the fish, it makes it less about nerd tears. I do feel the fish add something to it though.

Will try adding some tape to the bridge.

Crays

why not take away the fish, add the tape to the bridge and maybe some cracks on the glass :D ?

If you have the time, please comment on mine :) Hamburger Typo

MrRossPhillips

that's a great idea, i could then add some drips coming out of the crack.

MrRossPhillips

Ok, I think we're getting somewhere here.

ellygeh

Haha! i like it very clever!

You should try out some different colors! I think this design would fit nicely on a bright yellow or some greens.

Would you mind sending a critique back my way as well? I'd appreciate it!

I believe I can FLY

slugfolio

Much better, this would work real well screenprinted for a gig poster or something too...

MrRossPhillips

Thanks people. Should hopefully get a chance to work on this tomorrow. Will try out a different colour scheme and generalyl try and polish it off.

In the meantime I have another design in the running, maybe you would like to vote on it?

Illustrius

Even better. Were did you get the wear-and-tear texture? It's awsome.

MrRossPhillips

Thanks man. I got it from the Computer Arts website, on a tutorial on making things 'retro' or 'vintage' or some other sort of bollocks. Can't find the link for you, but it is on there somewhere.

lee_byway

Although I did kind of like version 2 with the random fish in the lenses, I think this version is definitely the best!
As for t-shirt colours that it could be printed on, how about a light or dark blue? ...Or even a red?

speakerine

it's brilliant! I think it's ready and that it has a big chance to get printed..

Adam Joe

I would honestly score this a 5 if I saw it. Nice work!

Any thoughts on this puppy? Better Together

MrRossPhillips

Thanks peeps.

Well, I have an other shirt in the running right now, so will probably submit this once that one is over, still not sure how the voting process works and don't want the two designs to clash.

Adam Joe

Ha--I gave your current one a 5 earlier this morning without knowing it was by the same artist. Nice!

Ryder

now you're cookin'... this is loooking fantastic. i say even get rid of the teardrops...

MrRossPhillips

I'll try it, but I quite like em!

Thanks for the 5 Adam Joe, much appreciated!

made.for.tingles

I really like this and think that its ready to go! I do like the fish in the glasses too - i think that could be a seperate submission if you worked on the fish a bit. Perhaps fish in goggles instead of glasses? Good luck - i'll be watchin' this one.

murraymullet

I think one drop is all you need on this. 3 is just redundant. Nice work!

pelelopel

way cooler that the previous versions! i say submit! i´d be nice to see the placement, but i thik you are in good shape anyway good luck!

Swing by my "GREENER CIRCUITS" sumbission if like.. any feedback is more than welcome

pelelopel

way cooler that the previous versions! i say submit! i´d be nice to see the placement, but i thik you are in good shape anyway good luck!

Swing by my "GREENER CIRCUITS" sumbission if like.. any feedback is more than welcome

MrRossPhillips

Not really sure if it's working as a shirt.

I'm happy with the design, and all of you're help, but maybe this would be better off as a screen print, as I believe someone mentioned earlier.

MrRossPhillips

Oh fantastic, thanks for that! It's already looking better.

MrRossPhillips

So here it is on a t-shirt. Would you wear it?

JimThomasGreen

I love it good work, looked through the other designs and i thinks its tweeked to itb best. Love the idea, maybe im drifting from the fear thing, but how about blue tears in the eyes? Like a comprehension of the inevitable... could you look over mine please, Those Little Piggys, cheers. check mine out!

JimThomasGreen

Ignore the comment, sorry bud, confused with a different design in another tab! I love it good work, looked through the other designs and i thinks its tweeked to itb best. Those Little Piggys check mine out.

MrRossPhillips

ok guys, it's been submitted. have at it!

No account?