Close
One second...

Tree Fort 101

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Robbino

Hi everyone, just a drawing from my sketchbook. Was planning on adding some little illustrated diagrams around the tree showing the different essential parts of a good tree fort. Let me know what you think, thanks!

illogicomio

i wanted one! just try with the diagrams, and let us see how it came up

if you have time please vote my submittion: beautifull life

Goose8

Great Calvin and Hobbes style. I would love to read this on the pot, or on a T-shirt!

Kfshipley

Looks great! I think it speaks for itself without any diagrams!

kintsao

This is great as is! But I'd like to see it with the diagrams. If not, that's fine too!

Check out my design" please?

Robbino

Thanks guys, any thoughts on the kid? I was thinking of re-doing him with a diff face or maybe adding some more characters down below and in the lookout tower.

kmariee90

This looks great!

Robbino

Added crane and some details behind the railing. still toying with it...

DuMone

I love your artwork!

where is the boy looking at? could there be a dog, maybe?

If you had the time, I´d appreciate your crits on my thunderBird and my blind heart...

Robbino

Added shirt placement. Still want to add another character down below and possibly some birds or other animals here and there. Let me know what you think! thanks!

JanDeA

Really like this very simple and happy. Maybe give the child a flesh tone. Nice work!! teeth Love Lamp

Duver

image looks great!

i do agree that it needs another character or something to give a sense of story

Danielson352

you could put another character on he ground putting stuff in the bucket on the crane. just my two cents

Could you check out my design? I'd love any advice!

RebelKSSx

This is so cute! I think you should and a couple of characters just "hanging around" and flesh tones would add a nice touch... I always wanted a treehouse when I was younger! Speaking of younger it would make a good tee for the little cute babies too. :)

iFONT Love

Robbino

Ok, this is incomplete, but it has changed a lot so I figured I'd post it up. Still going to add 2-3 more kids and probably birds and squirrels etc..

DuMone

woah!

cool idea with the "underground"stuff!

I would only do the "underground" more decent, maybe lighter, so it is more balanced to the tree. Now it takes away too much attention from the tree, IMO.

great work!

my thunderBird and my blind heart could need a little help!

illogicomio

woow, you changed it a lot since last time o saw it. Nice with the underground tunnels. I think it's almost done

if you have a minutes please critique my design: i am a corkscrew

JokerBonez

I like this. Very cool idea. Not sure if it would be too much with a whole underground city, with a bunch of tunnels, but it think that might be worth exploring.

When I see the pile of leaves I'm not sure if its just a cover for the entrance to the tunnels or if it could be used as a quick escape from the tree (ie, jump off the tree and land in the tunnels. Not sure how this could be explored.)

Either way. Very cool idea. I agree with adding some other kids with the same colour scheme as the first boy.

Robbino

Thanks guys, in the process of drawing roots right now and another section of the cave. Thinking of having a girl character as the "general" down below at the chalk board. Whaddya think?

HeatherMichelle

dude, i seriously love this! great idea! i so cant wait to see how it progresses! If you have the time please scoremine for me.

EdSneek

Really like it! I think that tree is dominant here so make it this way. maybe make the underground lighter or something, as Dumone said, it takes away too much attention from the tree.

If you'll find some time... SCORE my design please

Robbino

Thanks for your comments, lightening the background was a good idea. still has a long way to go

rasraster

I don't know...I'd wear any or all of your versions...

JohnWardVisual

Needs a troll or two down below, perhaps a damsel in distress.

RebelKSSx

Oh wow!! Can't wait to see the end result of this design!!

iFONT Love

Robbino

Bump, thoughts?

Robbino

Bump, thoughts?

scibeck

fun! i was a great fort maker as a kid. Two things: "Tree Fort 101" implies you will be teaching us something...what? Comment-ers ask for more character and story development...i agree...show us kids having a blast! Two books for inspiration: Feiffer's By the Side of the Road, and Eastman's Go, Dog, Go!, skip to the dog party at the end. Best.

Robbino

Decided to use the underground tunnels as part of a different idea, i still need a better title for this one

amanitium

Wow! This, definitely I would buy as a tee! I just love how it pans out on the placement model!

ValHolla

Reminds me of peanuts. I like it! My only criticism is I think the rope should be tied about that branch and not nailed into the tree by a board.

Mind scoring a couple??

Check it out!

Check it!!

DuMone

oh, it´s tree-time!

really nice!

I don´t know if this should be a rope, but if it is, it should have some structure, I think.

Robbino

Well it was supposed to be a fire pole but I can see how that might not read for some people. I'll try a knotted rope and see how that turns out. Any thoughts on a title?

Robbino

thanks for the tips, changed the fire pole to a knotted rope. will try to add highlights to add some depth.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?