One second...

YMCK

• by karine12
  • posted Dec 06, 2010
  • 27 Comments

YMCK

Watch this
karine12

hahaha this is for all the graphic designers out there XDXD I love this tee!

bell02

Does "YMCK" mean anything else besides the 8-bit Japanese band? I don't get it, I didn't even know they were popular... but nice design.

uscsuperfan

@bell02 - I'm guessing Yellow, Magenta, Cyan, Black, usually expressed as CMYK.

mastej15

It is supposed to be the "YMCA" song... but the graphic designer's parody. Cute!

Trixie.in.Dixie

@uscsuperfan and @bell02: The joke is that the letters are rearranged to spoof the old "YMCA" letter-forming arm motions from the dance we did back when that song was popular.

LatteDa

this needs to be in the print shoppe!! ♥ it

rtoyota

This is awesome! I totally want it, but just placed an order a few weeks ago. Will have to wait and hope it's still in stock the next time I place an order.

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

C is punching K in the gut.

rickyruffle

I'd buy the shirt it it wasn't white

yunsuk21

I dont get it. What does the "K" suppose to mean. And yes I know its a spoof on the YMCA song

coffeecandle

@yunsuk, it's CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black) in the form of the YMCA song.

ToyBlue

Genius! *tip of the hat

Senshuu

I love it. All of it.

Empire_of_the_Mad_Monk

@yunsuk- furthermore, CMYK is the order that full-color plates are printed.... cyan, magenta, yellow, then the last ink on top is black.... so, to mix them up is just a real whiz-bang whacky thing to do

aONEdollarHO

Love the shirt!!! But ..... Is this supposed to be a joke of "YMCA" song of is a a tribute type of song of YMCK, the Japanese band, they use the same colors in their logo as the figures in this shirt.

Steven Rice
Steven Rice profile pic Alumni

Got it and I will wear it to my next karaoke

geektechnu

The design is a play on YMCA (the song) and CMYK (the color system used in printing).

Y = Yellow M = Magenta C = Cyan K = Key (black)

You can see that each of the guys in the design is printed in the color that matches their respective letter.

Skenns

One, this shirt is Effin' Nerdy & Effin' Ridonkulous! I LOVE IT!!

Second, your nerd lesson for the day. The K in CMYK stands for Key and references the fact that the key plate is printed with black ink (usually). The key plate was/is used when printing was/is done with plates to make up the image. All of the other colors are "keyed" off of the key plate. For more info, look up Offset Printing.

Third, I'm a complete nerd.

robic

ymck :D

tennisfan2808

i love this design very much, but i'm so disappointed that when i bought it, the S size is big. It's almost 2 inches wider than the other tees i bought from threadless :(

Mister Edwards

Its a thumbs up from me, nice!

TheMika

Heh, I just realised how funny it is that there are threads on the Threadless website...

blinski
blinski profile pic Alumni

love it and want it!

Peloria

Loved this shirt, but out of all my Threadless tees, this one has faded the most. The print is looking worn after just a few washes (inside out, hung to dry).

No account?