fhigi25

Haha!!

b.LOUD

"I want a newwww drug. One that won't make is sick...."

Oh, sorry, wrong Sports. ;]

100krona

Sports!

rbthatcher

Canceled slogan that had 8% like it...there's hope for EVERYONE!

bygrinstow

Reed, seriously???

reags

It probably got 8% as voters can't visualize the outcome from reading the text alone. This has turned out pretty sweet imo

evolveORdie

one word slogan?? wtf?

rickyruffle

i dun get it... O__O

rossmat8

Congrats on the win, but this is an extremely lame print considering all the amazing slogans there are to choose from.

the czar

Is this a joke?

Boycey

Honestly, I think it looks alright and it's not a bad tee. Excellent typography and obv. suitable colour pick.

I know your supposed to say something nice here, but this seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to the sloganeers who have been doing 365 blogs and suchlike.

(That was my something nice, for the sloganeers).

Congrats to the person who entered the slogan anyway!

-college football player? any relation to Wilson sports?

bottleHeD

I don't understand this. Is this an in-joke that only threadless found funny?

thedeetzes

Is it just me or is this totally random lol

Boycey

*submits slogans

Video Games! Food!

Boycey

'Hobbies!' by Rossmat :P

RazerMurdoch

A shirt advocating my appreciation of, and participation in, various sporting activities? Well fuck yeah.

Tikimasters

This is classic. I'm buying the tee right now actually. Any sports lover will appreciate this shirt

DismalRobot

I like it. it reminds me of Tim and Eric. I'd buy right now if I had the cash to spare.

staffell

@rossmatt - I don't think this is lame in the slightest. On the contrary, this is one of the best typetees threadless have ever printed IMO. What makes this lame for you?

whatserface

I like this shirt because I'm not into sports that much. I'd wear this shirt specifically on sporting events I was invited to, or days that you're obligated to wear some sort of spiritwear... But I mean I'd wear it all the time outside of that just because it's funny. It's like not having to pick a team.

tesco

I see what you did there arzie!

coffeecandle

I don't think it looks bad on a T, I just don't really understand why threadless decided to print this above a lot of witty or hilarious other slogans, especially because of this: of 24 votes, 8% like it. Usually I find that the type tee's 'ooze' threadless vibes, and this one doesn't to me.

Still, congrats on the win Matt :)

FittoPollame

in italy we call it mafia

FittoPollame

in italy we call it mafia

mullmuggins

I think this is great. Definitely agree with Staffell that it's one of the best type tees they've printed. Nice one!

mullmuggins

I would wear that hoodie to death. Christmas present, Aled?

staffell

I like this especially because a lot of people don't get the joke, and better yet are getting upset that it got picked over "good slogans" lolol definitely buying this one.

Ferdinand_Marin

@staffell so can you please explain it? cause it doesn't make any sense to me either. not a slogan, just a word. what am i missing here? any hidden reference or something?

tesco

@staffell so can you please explain it? cause it doesn't make any sense to me either. not a slogan, just a word. what am i missing here? any hidden reference or something?

you're over thinking it

Ferdinand_Marin

well, i'm very curious to hear what makes you like it, tesco. maybe you can make me see something i can't by myself. it just looks to me like a generic tee and i don't get why some people find it brilliant.

tesco

maybe the fact that it's so generic is what makes it cool. SPORTS!

rbthatcher

This is actually a topic that has been touched on and talked about...the INFAMOUS "one word slogan"!

I have tried a couple, but I obviously fell short of THIS GEM. The reason this is good will be slightly different for everyone, but, I think it is MEANT to be a sarcastic jab at sports enthusiasts that proudly support their team by what shirt they wear... It's kind of been done before, as I have a shirt that says "COLLEGE". Same concept.

staffell

Generic was exacty the term I was going to use.

ealanis

Yes, this is definitely a play on words...and design! It's not just WHAT the tee says, but HOW it is displayed. This type treatment is heavily used as a generic design for sports teams everywhere. It works great here because it's a generic word with a generic design, but it's chock-full of playful sarcasm. That's my take, anyway.

staffell

From a linguistic standpoint, the word 'sport' is an interesting one, because it can be Botha singular noun and a collective noun AND there is also a plural, sports, as demonstrated here. That has no bearing on the appeal of this shirt, just an observation.

staffell

Botha = both a

Ferdinand_Marin

hmmm.... finally i can see it. and i must admit that it is indeed clever. i've seen a design from another website that says "80th race for a cure for something" (don't remember the exact words), a generic version of those racing t-shirts. i think it's more or less the same concept, even though on this later case, the irony is more heavily evident.

staffell

You're talking about Think of the Children by bootsboots. Yes, it is very much on the same level, yet the simplicity of this one makes is superior. I hate the design of the other one too, looks very amateurish.

Disgruntled_Pacifist

Another "Out of Left Field" <small>get it, sports analogy</small> design from threadless. The more I look at it the more I like it. As a hardcore sloganeer I'm a little miffed but that's just selfishness. Slogans like these will never score well because they can't be visualized on a shirt so it's up to threadless to say "Hey, this would be really cool!"

Now what I wonder is how did a possibly 5 year old slogan from someone that appears to not have been around threadless for years get found?

donkeypunch

Is this a reference to the 1983 hit album by Huey Lewis and the News?

donkeypunch

@ meatnerdr well played

donkeypunch

@ meatnerdr well played

meatnerdr

@donkeypunch thank you :D

meatnerdr

@donkeypunch thank you :D

Ryder
2 designs submitted - Score now!

see... headbands ARE in style

Page: