Close
One second...

Stereotyping

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
katafrul

This is my first submission to Threadless. I would really appreciate any feedback and help you can give me.

bashango

ahaha aw this is so cute! wonderfull first submission.. I love the contrasting colors. could you make him and the stereo larger? so we can see him in more detail.

if you don't mind scoring mine, i'd appreciate it! thanks :)

katafrul

Thanks Bashango. I was thinking the same thing.

Dinosauce

Oh, he's so cute!

I agree, make him a little bigger on the shirt.

noelhathorn

Nice, I wonder how it would look if the eyes and mouth were incorporated into the cassette slot, or just slightly more a part of the stereo?

katafrul

I've made the design bigger on the t-shirt and played around a wee bit on the right arm.

Feedback is coveted! This is my first submission.

katafrul

I added a few more details and incorporated the eyes into the cassette tape square.

katafrul

and I fixed the arm. Again.

fisticuffnyc

This could really work. Are the arms the radio's antennas. If so make it more obvious if not make them bigger give it a more ghetto blaster look, a really beefed up boom box. The more the boom box looks tough and hard the more the "stereo typing" thing works. Good job!

Pencilwood Studios

This is great!!! Very cool! I'd buy it. One thing I would say though, is before I noticed the name of the tee, I first thought the arms were coming from the typewriter, so maybe some suggestion of hands might help with that, although the simplicity of the design does work really well though!

katafrul

Pencilwood - I see what you mean! It looks like the typewriter is going in for a big hug! ha. Let me see what I can do...

gijsvandenberg

nice idea. have you thought of using the speakers as eyes. and maybe a set of buttons underneat the cassette deck as mouth. also you could consider changing the equalier into a vu-meter. another thing you could add is the handle you find on old typewriters to rewind the paper.

krudtugle

Nice one, I like Idea! Maybe more details on the typewriter(?) to enhance the focus, just a though.

katafrul

I added some hands in hopes that that would take away any confusion of whose arms those are.

2gestalt

Nice one. Great potential but i would make the arms a bit sronger with bigger hands. Try to have a look how fingers press keys on a typewriter...

-PiDjO-

good idea. could add more details on the stereo and the typemachine. like the cassette face :D good luck ;-)

you're welcome to comment on mine ;-) thanks !

KaMi WorkShop

great idea indeed! You should work on the stereo though.. to make the shape in proportion, and to add a mesh to the speakers or something. It also should have buttons!

Please score and comment on my design! Bamboo dealer :)

katafrul

I added some details, beefed up the arms a bit, and worked on the hand. I would appreciate any feedback!

speakerine
1 design submitted - Score now!

good idea! i think the texture are liitle bit too "smooth".. maybe you could ad some lines?

nabes

thats a good play on words, you did all that work on the body, but now the arms needs some depth, they look a little flat. also maybe ad some more buttons on the stereo?

please critique

charleyH88

Looks good. I like it with a smile. And put it on a blank tee from flickr.com.

ChrisMelberger

this is cute haha, maybe make it a lil bigger but i like the idea!

ChrisMelberger

this is cute haha, maybe make it a lil bigger but i like the idea!

bobbyglynn

I think maybe a little more difference between the colors of the blues - maybe one is lighter or the other darker, not sure. But, awesome idea!

katafrul

I've made some alterations to shadows and changed the mouth back to a smile. I'm not sure I want to add too many more details; I wanted to keep the image quite simplistic. Let me know what you think. Feedback is much appreciated, especially since this is my first submission!

Silzs

LOL. cute and funny. congrats.

Mr Vela

SO FUNNY..I LIKE IT.SUBMIT IT'S GOOD FOR ME. IF U HAVE TIME PASS TO MY DESIGN IN SCORE NOW... Kill The King

katafrul

Do you think it's ready to submit??

SayadaR

Hahah! nice :D Would it make the concept more evident if the typed out words were something stereotype-atory? (made up word, i hope you understand what i mean) So for example, something like 'emos are losers' instead of just 'hello'? idk. Otherwise, I like :D

katafrul

I was thinking that as well, but wasn't sure what to put. Any suggestions of "stereotype-atory" sayings to put on the paper??

Champi

Analogic tape player, analogic typer... I guess he could write something about people thinking digital is always better (which I don't believe)! I have nothing precise coming to my mind though! Concerning the drawing I think it's ready for voting!

Silzs

could be obvious things, like.. guys prefer blondies, men are smart than women, I know, it´s a little big, but it´s a way...

K-Sept

itsd very cute!! though I would write something else than "hello". something more... spicy. good luck!

Mr_Fingers

Awesome! Your radio reminds me of Rosie from the Jetsons. You must submit.

twinklefish

I really like the pun.

Have you thought of putting this on another coloured background?

katafrul

Thanks for all your input. It's really helped! I've submitted the design for approval into the voting round. I decided against adding different words on the paper; I think it would have added too much and the pun is already obvious enough. He's just a cute little stereo typing, but he's not stereotypical! Ha.

treyseah

I love the pun on this!

Click here to comment on mine! Thanks!

Dizk

thats really good, submit it.

if you want rainmen

WorldOfTwo

hey, this is a nice joke, and i appreciate your progress. u 've pushed yourself so far... congratulations, ilke your vector style, pretty loose shapes... (reminds me of the cookie and milk shirt). and nice colors btw. good luck

katafrul

Stereotyping is now up for voting! Thank you so much for all your help. I didn't realize how helpful the Critiques forum could be. I appreciate it.

Pleasus

I love the stylization and colors, but it's still a stretch for me to see the thing typing is a stereo. Help may be as simple as putting an antenna on it somewhere. I really dig the dark grey shirt choice.

Also, I finished another version of a design you commented on, using your comment to help me refine my image, and wonder if you could do it again, if you have time. Thanks

http://www.threadless.com/critique/80687/Just_a_Little_More

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?