Close
One second...

I drew you some Coffee. (Est. Oct 21, 2010) Happy 50th to the Mustang

(This series was started October 21, 2010.)
Have you had your coffee yet? Yes/No? Well I drew you up a cup of coffee just for you. Enjoy. Inspire the next drawing here

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday, April 4, 2014

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Friday, February 7, 2014

Wednesday. February 5, 2014 • Dodger (1999-2014)

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Monday, January 6, 2014 Inspired by: @finleyt @crisianee

Friday, January 3, 2014

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Tuesday, December 17th, 2013

Friday, December 13th, 2013

Thursday, December 12th, 2013

Friday, December 6, 2013

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Monday, December 2, 2013

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tuesday, November 12, 2103. (11-12-13)

Thursday, October 31st, 2013 - Happy Halloween!

Monday, October 21st, 2013

Friday, October 18th, 2013

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013

Monday, October 7th, 2013

Thursday, October 3rd, 2013

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013

Friday, September 27th, 2013

Monday, September 9th, 2013

Friday, September 6th, 2013

Thursday, September 5th, 2013

Wednesday, September 4th, 2013

Thursday, August 29th 2013

Wednesday, August 28th 2013

Friday, August 16th 2013 for my Mom

Friday, August 9th, 2013,

Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 - Inspired by Sam Brown's drawings

Monday, August 5th, 2013

Thursday, July 23rd, 2013

Thursday, July 18th, 2013

Wednesday, July 10th, 2013

Tuesday, July 9th, 2013

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 - Find the actual mug here

Friday, June 28th, 2013

Thursday, June 27th, 2013 - Inspired by this drawing.

Wednesday, June 26th, 2013

Monday, June 17th, 2013

Friday, June 14th, 2013

Friday, May 3rd, 2013 -

Inspired by this wonderful mug by artist Amelia (ladypilot84).

Monday, April 22nd, 2013

Wednesday, April 10th, 2013

Thursday, March 21st, 2013

Monday, March 18th, 2013

Friday, March 15th, 2013

Friday, February 15th, 2013

Monday, February 4th, 2013

Wednesday, January 30th, 2013

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013

Thursday, January 17th, 2013

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013

Monday, January 14th, 2013

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013. Happy New Year

See MORE @Flicker - Includes the years 2010, 2011, and 2012 drawings.

Posters, t-shirts, pillows, and more are still available!!!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 15
bortwein

I think fatheed could pull this concept off better than I could...

bortwein

I have a couple more ideas but have not sketched them out yet.

mezo

...hm. Maybe just a beetle with the cool Tron designs on it and a verrrry simple 1 color background.

bortwein

hmmm I like that idea, that could be a great place to start and then if it feels too flat I could go my original direction.

bortwein

idea #2 posted

[+duracell-]

i like #2 im thinking the tip of the turntable arm could be a recognizer with like a laser beam shooting out of it as the needle

Gar0

this comp needs more recognizers and less lightcycles

bortwein

idea #3 posted. Based on the Yes Bit and playing off of the Yes Man in business.

bortwein

I like my yes "bit" man.

rodrigobhz

I like all of them, I'm glad someone is trying different elements of TRON universe, like the bits. I tried to make a design using it too but nothing good happened. Go for it!

bortwein

I'm trying to think of other ideas I could use regular Bit and No Bit. The No Bit seems like something I could think of a good idea for.

Right now I have "no" idea... ha ha ha.

rodrigobhz

Maybe this can help a little "bit" :P

Bit communicates by speaking only "yes" or "no". The orange shape above is the form Bit takes when answering "yes". The spiky red shape is the form when answering "no" and the blue shape is Bit's "neutral" form when not speaking.

It's a neat concept, this definitely NEEDS to be explored.

bortwein

Yeah I found that image while I was looking to find the image of the Yes bit. I had the idea before I remembered what shape the Yes was. I love how the No bit looks and really want to find a way to use it.

I don't think I'm going to get the big prize so I may be gunning for the "all who enter may also get the chance to have their design printed on other super secret products."

rodrigobhz

I don't think I'm going to get the big prize so I may be gunning for the "all who enter may also get the chance to have their design printed on other super secret products."

You guys should stop saying that, why not get the big prize? The judges and Threadless will pick up the winner and Loves Challenge are always hard to predict the winner - Havaianas and Comics are good examples. And it's a Disney thing, it might be HARD to please the judges. I think anything could happen with this contest, scores and comments aren't decisive in the choice. At least I hope so :P

bortwein

nah, I think this one is going to be predictable.

bortwein

now I just need time to work on these.

bortwein

I think idea 1 will take the most time to create so I'm going to start with idea 2 so I can get that one worked out, too.

bortwein

re-watching Tron (1982) tonight.

Krimson

Idea #2 makes me happy.

bortwein

I present WIP of "METROn"

bortwein

ah man it was late when I posted this. A friend already pointed out that I spelled "ENCOM" and "Terminal" wrong.

I'm tired. :O yaaaaawwwwnnnnn.

Please any feedback. Can you get the story progression from this at all? Does it even make sense?

NiNTH WHEEL

Definitely think that the bug in the system one has the greatest potential (though probably the most work to render) as it instantly tells a story and is different from any of the other entries.

In general, I'm not a fan of the subway route style designs, but it does make a nice visual. Think it would be in the same vein as the LOTR one in that you don't have to get all the references / locations to appreciate it, but it's icing on the cake for fans.

I do feel like EOL should be off by itself somewhere so it is more like the end of the line train station wise. Maybe a dashed line for solar sail transport pathway.

The background chip doesn't really work for me. Some unlabeled pathways in that same dark gray would give it some depth and interest without taking focus away from the main part of the image.

A well rendered record player with some subtle nods to TRON could look really nice. There have been a couple of TRON DJ subs, but I think those are trying to do too much.

NiNTH WHEEL

"Yes Man" is clever as hell, but I don't know that it will have universal appeal. Especially for those that only know of the movie and haven't watched it.

bortwein

hey that's some great feedback. I had the same feeling about the chip this morning. I think if I do some Black lines in the background to make up a network around the main lines that could be cool.

I could probably break EOL away from the yellow line off on its own since it truly is only a reference to the MCP red line. Then I could have the Yellow line just cut out to the Terminal straight from MCP.

Maybe the 2nd half of the solar sail path should be dotted since they never go that way and have the beam transfer connect out from where I start the dotted. I need to find some space in this thing. It is getting tight.

bortwein

I feel like I need to render up "YES Man" just for myself.

I agree about Bug In the System. I plan to attack that one after I finish up the metro design.

The record player feels too close to all the DJ subs and I fear I would not execute it well enough to make it different from those, so it would just get lost. It will be the last of the 3 I do before the contest is over. Probably last minute.

bortwein

Updated "METROn '82"!

bortwein

Bump-a-Tron!

bortwein

should I add more background circuit board elements in the black?

bortwein

should I do anything crazy like add the old tron logo using the black outlines? Would it be near the top or along the bottom?

bortwein

bump for questions

quiroz

I like the idea and simplicity of METROn. If you'd like to incorporate the old logo somewhere, maybe inside the shirt. :) But I wonder what if you try somehow to make a "TRON" type out of the circuit lines? I don't know. Sorry if I didn't help. Nice work!

Btw, I like the idea #2 too!

bortwein

hey thanks.

NiNTH WHEEL

The inclusion of the dotted lines provide more interest so I think those are definitely keepers. The background pathways work much better than the solid square, but something seems a bit off still. Maybe, like you said, just including more of them would help or maybe something like a logic diagram might work better.

Hard so say as to whether or not to include the logo or not. I suppose it all depends on what the sponsor is really looking for. It does seem odd for Threadless to have a shirt in their product line with a brand on it. The band shirts have always struck me as completely out of place in DBH's line.

This does lend itself to having a key of some sort even if the only label is 'red line' or picking one stop point along it or a character name a la 'Dilinger Line' or 'Flynn Line'.

bortwein

hey yeah. I see what you mean about the logo so I think I'll go the no logo route. The background could use some more like you said. I was going for the Circuit board thing so the logic board diagram helps out.

I'm not sure about the key but I'll try placing one on it and see how it looks.

aled

Bug in the system is the strongest of all the ideas - but perhaps you should consider doing a Trojan Horse? Much more suited in terms of geometry to the tron environment.

The turntable one I've seen something similar in this comp 2 or 3 times already.

bortwein

updated.

NiNTH WHEEL

Looks finished to me. The key balances the image better top to bottom (the notch out of the top right of it is a nice touch) and the TRON logo in low contrast as it is doesn't bother me a bit.

Plu Shu

That metro thing is really sweet, I can't see anything to better it right now. As for the turntable, already done several time, ditch it. The bug scene could be epic, but be prepared to take a lot of time ;p The Yes Man Bit could be very sellable too, run for it, could be done realtively fast.

bortwein

METROn submitted. Thanks for the help.

bortwein

pending bump.

bortwein

I feel like I could get Yes Man done in like an hour, so I'll probably do that one even if it just for me. I'll probably skip #2 the record player because those subs are popping up like weeds now that the DJ ones are out there. If I get the time I'll probably try to get down and dirty with the "Bug in the System" but I'm not sure at this point.

bortwein

I banged out Yes Man during my lunch.

bortwein

hehehe.

bortwein

Kevin Flynn: Another mouth to feed. Bit: Yesyesyesyes!

bortwein

glad I did this one. I'll probably submit it once I clean it up.

bortwein

does it look ok?

bortwein

see you later.

NiNTH WHEEL

Looks good. Nice texture on the tie. Initially though it might need cartoon style arms giving a thumbs up, but now that I type it out that sounds like a bad idea.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 15
No account?