Close
One second...

Hound's Tooth

• by EmmyCic
  • posted Aug 29, 2010
  • 75 Comments

Based off the classic Scottish "Houndstooth" pattern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houndstooth)

Hound's Tooth is fun for Halloween but subtle enough for all year round!
It looks good on a bunch of colors, I'm having a hard time deciding which would be best for it.

Belt print, one color.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
EmmyCic
EmmyCic profile pic Alumni

Based off the classic Scottish "Houndstooth" pattern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houndstooth)

Hound's Tooth is fun for Halloween but subtle enough for all year round! It looks good on a bunch of colors, I'm having a hard time deciding which would be best for it.

Belt print, one color.

rully pulul

woww...amazing!!!

Manupix

Cool! I tried to find the negative shape, Escher-like... ;)

I didn't know the English name for this pattern, in French it's called Chicken Foot!

dfurman

cool : )

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

dschwen
dschwen profile pic Alumni

nice!

alexj182

Nice work!

mirisch

Great Pattern! 4

EmmyCic

Oops! I thought I was going to have the option to submit this for critique after it got approved. yaarrrghhh I am so website confused hahaha omg

H-..hope you like it!

Sonoyourface

This is absolutely wonderful! I love it!

daemonwolf

I would have to buy more than one of these for sure. Orange at the very least!

a_muse

I like it in Black and White.

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

awesome! love the blue/black combo.

alexds1

Another unique and eyecatching design :) I like the olive one myself!

owlcake

5$

evan3
evan3 profile pic Alumni

love the belt! 5

Scribble Kitty

I enjoy the subtle wolf face. Houndstooth is one of my favorite patterns.

leckalou

Love love love. Might look nice on a milder color background, too. The displayed colors are really bold, which is nice if that's what you're going for. I can see it against something more subtle, too. Would buy in a second!

EmmyCic

Thanks, Alexis!! You're always so supportive! :)

runsid

how ingenious! it's one of those things that one doesn't realize until someone like you makes it happen like MAGIC :) 5!

bauerpower

Loooove it! But I agree that I would prefer a more subtle color palette. Still, I would definitely wear this!

paskettios

I like it in orange personally, and olive is nice. If you get the chance, I'd love to see the black changed to something lighter. Clever and cute design!

sakanaya

Love this, I'd totally buy it. :D

adaheemskerk

so great, so very very great. I'd give it a 6 if I could

concannon

Very clever. I'd love to have one.

batsandcake

I want this in red so bad

masonwong

nice! 5$~

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

I like the pattern, but not on a tshirt.

jessicawiedle

I don't want the black changed into something lighter. This on white is so perfect, and I want it sooo bad.

snakewich

Very nice. I liked it on the blue, olive, and orange. Although on orange it looks very Halloweenie :) Makes me wish it was on pumpkin orange, heh. I would probably get it on Orange or Olive.

I like how it combines the houndstooth with the litreal meaning. Nice design of the hound/wolf. Very clever and fun.

I would recommend making the pattern smaller though. It would give more of the illusion of the houndstooth pattern from first glance, but once people get closer they would see what is special about the pattern.

Savu

awesome!! i want one! :3

matuska

i LOVE it in blue! i would buy this shirt for SURE if it was printed! 5$ 5$ 5$!!

hellochello

This would look so sweet on white. But yeah, perhaps make the pattern a little smaller than in the picture, so you have to get close to see that's it's special and exciting. (:

MKMasonArts

Super cool. I like the blue the best. :)

mgill52

this is pretty good.

prettyodd

I love it! I think the size is perfect, and the blue is great :D

pilitoons

This is awesome!

ADrabLunacy

Hehe, super cute. :D $5

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?