The Great Snake Escape

• by Starrfold
  • posted Aug 09, 2010
  • 37 Comments

The Great Snake Escape is my depiction of a snake related event that could happen to any one of us at any moment. It's just one of those unexplained things that happens in the world and nobody knows why. It's like that time that you swear you set your alarm clock, but it never went off. That HAPPENS sometimes. And then there are other times when thousands of snakes fly out of your mouth, collecting themselves into one giant snake. It's something that also HAPPENS.

6 colors on asphalt or white. The design is easier to see on white, but for some reason I really like the asphalt... you wouldn't see the man until you got up close, which would make it a partial surprise.

Watch this
Starrfold
Starrfold profile pic Alumni

The Great Snake Escape is my depiction of a snake related event that could happen to any one of us at any moment. It's just one of those unexplained things that happens in the world and nobody knows why. It's like that time that you swear you set your alarm clock, but it never went off. That HAPPENS sometimes. And then there are other times when thousands of snakes fly out of your mouth, collecting themselves into one giant snake. It's something that also HAPPENS.

6 colors on asphalt or white. The design is easier to see on white, but for some reason I really like the asphalt... you wouldn't see the man until you got up close, which would make it a partial surprise.

mcmarcg

Thanks for your comment...like the colors here, would this be on a white shirt or on the gray background? I like it on the gray. Also, I'm terrified of snakes...so millions of snakes making up one big snake some how doesn't negate that fear.

MaGoogals

Beautifully done, love the color use and interlocking pattern, nice work :)

Devoted_Toucan

Aw, when this had partly loaded and crashed (due to my other computer activities), I thought it was really cool...but then it came out of its crash and scrolled down, and I saw the guy. I get that he's meant to get a kind of "wth, coolness!" reaction, but the snake does that all by itself. Hmm. Not sure how I feel about it now. Still great work on the snake, though.

ran1984

Beautiful!

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

I would actually like it better without the human, only the big snake and two snakes coming out of it's mouth, pretending to be the tongue. 4

SR2010

nice!

evan m

I have to agree, snake only. The human looks like an after thought to appease the threadless gimmick. The snake is incredible and would justify a $5. As is still a 4.

mache toloache

nice work! 4$ i agree with evan and soloyo

Starrfold

Thank you for all the comments! I'm not sure what to do about the guy... He plays a part in the concept, but I can see how it would work without him. If this scores well, I'll have to decide on that. If it doesn't score well, well, I'm not sure if I'd even bother, because the idea wasn't enough to matter in that case. I just like more off-the-wall concepts. The shirt color is really whatever you all want, dark grey (asphalt) or white, depending on whatever you like best. I'm surprised no one has located the "Secret World" inside my flash presentation yet:)

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

hahaha, love the explanation for this unexplainable phenomena that happens at least three times a month to me. I thought i was the only one! I like the human too, but I can see how people would just prefer the amazing big snake made up of hundreds of smaller snakes design on the tee alone. Love the color breakups as well, either way it's a 4$ for me!

EN AJUSTES

G) I like this snake T-Shirt!

Mrcoffeebean

Yeah, really briliant texture look!!$$$$

eejoe

Awesome~~~!!!

nikaile

I have to agree with the others. The snake part of the design is great, but the guy at the bottom looks less thought out and not as well drawn.

DinoRF

^ Agreed. The snake is like "cool..." but with the dude in there it's like "wtf?"

DinoRF

I guess I dig it, though

Starrfold

Last day!

No account?
Join Us