Close
One second...

ATTN: Toronto-area bloggers

Theoretically... THEORETICALLY... Are there any bloggers in the Toronto area that might want to drive down for the meet-up?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

crosses fingers

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

There might be bus plans for Toronto to Chicago

Chipmnk

Uh, talk to Jan/Ginette?

funkie fresh
funkie fresh profile pic Alumni

You should talk to Ginette or Phiffer Adam! There will probably be a bus involved.

I'm busing as well but I'll be leaving a earlier than those guys.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

<big><big><big><big><big> ofthecoast on Aug 05 '10 at 12:09am OMG OMG OMG OM GOM G MAKE THIS HAPPEN. </big></big></big></big></big>

tracerbullet

this needs to happen so hard

whisper in water

I probably should have entered the bloggeraiser, but I have been paying so little attention lately that I think I even just misspelled "blogerraiser," or maybe I misspelled it that time, or maybe both. But yeah, I'm not in school this year and could probably book the time off work, so my current financial strain is potentially the only thing holding me back... I shouldn't get my hopes up, and I shouldn't get everyone else's hopes up. But man, it would be sweet eh?

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Have you considered bank robbery-ing? I hear it lucrative.

ir0cko

it would!

sweet like cotton candy.

whisper in water

I am currently looking into it, DeeAnn, I will let you know where my research takes me!

WarDrobeInSpareOom

It sucks because you just barely missed the Bloggerraiser.

tracerbullet

doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit!

oh man, what if deeann AND deanna were there? CRAZINESS!

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Well, hopefully we won't punch a hole through time space continuum and erase you all from existence.

OR MAYBE WE WILL.

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

We'll fall back on Catfish if necessary

tracerbullet

dear deanna,

i miss having you around the blogs. please rob banks or do whatever it takes to come to chicago.

sincerely,

brian

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I'm glad that Catfish is catching on. My cousin will be pleased.

SJ27

Almost all of them are coming already! Some are flying, but I think some are taking the bus? So many Toronto people will be there, if Dez doesn't win the Bloggeraiser and can't come I may have to make the trip up there solely for her.

whisper in water

Hmm, I was thinking of renting a car but the bus would probably be way cheaper. I hadn't even thought of that option...

SJ27

If you split the car 5 ways it's probably cheaper. Split it 4 ways and it still may be cheaper as well as more comfortable than the bus.

spacesick 2

there's a meet up? how come nobody sent me a myspace bulletin?

SJ27

How long would that journey take to drive/ride by road?

rhythmdev9

if you rent a car your going to have to park it and that may cost you... i suggest bus...

whisper in water

I have rented cars many times before, Kelsi. It's not too terribly expensive, and Enterprise has great weekend discounts.

It's about an 8 or 9 hour drive from where I live, which is not terrible but if I try to do it alone I will go crazy.

tracerbullet

if you rent a car, it would probably make more sense to only rent it for ride to and from chicago, rather than the whole weekend. so you would just return it to an Enterprise place in chicago and use public transportation with the rest of us, and then just rent one to drive back to canada.

tracerbullet

or you could just use your magic canadian powers and teleport. right?

HorsefaceDee
HorsefaceDee profile pic Alumni

i was gonna take the bus but I dont have the vacation time..so I took out a little loan and booked a flight...I HAD to go this year...next year I will bus it or rent a car so we can all go down...

ir0cko

crosses toes

ir0cko

hmm...

whisper in water

Does anyone know if there is a blog where Toronto peeps are talking about the bus option?

tracerbullet

i don't think there is? but i bet if you start one they'll all join in!

whisper in water

Let's just use this one then... Because I'm not sure how the title would be any different :P

Hey Toronto peeps, tell me about your bus plans!

ir0cko

bump!

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

i would looooooooove a ride over but i don't have a licence to split the driving time :s

last year me and jan took the bus to london and met up with phiffer and drove to ann arbour and then took the mega bus to chicago and that was good. it was a long journey but it was awesome because it made the meetup even longer!

maybe that will happen again??? need to talk to phiffer... and my boss.. for time off..

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

(forgot to add we met with nomadslim and it was like a mini meetup before getting to chicago! so fun)

funkie fresh
funkie fresh profile pic Alumni

Well, I'm busing to the states at the end of August so that's not very helpful BUT here's my return info:

Greyhound - Monday Sept 13 departs at 7:00am

The bus rides are long but are way more tolerable when you're with other people! They're also a lot cheaper than flying if you can take that extra time off.

whisper in water

Ginette, I think I could handle all the driving (as long as I could take breaks when necessary). My main reasons for wanting carpool buddies are money and company!

whisper in water

Hahah, no that's not that weird... There are definitely bloggers who I constantly associate with one particular blog. Although it is kind of relevant to this blog!

tracerbullet

what the hell, you need a separate license to let someone else drive your car?!

whisper in water

Brian... Anyone who drives any car needs to have a driver's license... ?

Or was that a joke?

I'm confused.

tracerbullet

ohhhhh my bad! i misread ginette's statement.

i would looooooooove a ride over but i don't have a licence to split the driving time :s

i took that as meaning she needed a specific license to drive someone else's car :-x

slinks away quietly

WarDrobeInSpareOom

You should build a car! That runs on maple syrup and hockey viewership!

whisper in water

Oh, hahah, I see where you were confused.

A maple syrup car would be so sticky!

whisper in water

Err... It runs on maple syrup, it's not made of maple syrup, so scratch that sticky comment.

But the exhaust pipe would get sticky, to be sure...

Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

If you rent a car it will definitely be cheaper to keep it the weekend. Having driven from DC to Toronto myself a number of times I'm pretty familiar with trans-country options. Each car rental place owns its own cars so basically it's like if you return the car in Chicago, someone else has to drive it back to Toronto, hence the insane charges. I'm talking about $400 one way. For the whole weekend it'd probably be less than half of that. Also, having spent 9-12 hours driving up there myself I can tell you it's not so bad as long as you have music =)

whisper in water

Thanks for the tips/insight, Kookaberry!

I would like to take this opportunity to warn everyone that the more I look at my finances, the more of a pipe dream this seems to be... But that doesn't mean there's no point in discussing it.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us