Close
One second...

"We're all mad here."

Watch this
Carbon Monster

I've amassed a lot of Alice In Wonderland inkwork over the last few weeks; the best of these is the Cheshire cat. He's one disturbed feline.

Pepperonitaco

I agree, some color would be nice. Cranberry red would stand out nicely against an orange cat.

TheJelloMaster

Cool, twisted design, but looks un finished. If you want to keep the monochrome, make the shirt darker and boost the contrast of the design. Or simply try the color suggestions already mentioned. Hope it helps! -TJM

It'd be great if you'd take a quick look at my latest version!

http://www.threadless.com/critique/67698/King_of_the_Skies

Anubisconq

I'd also say that it needs a bit of color- even if you just color the shirt background.

Carbon Monster

Color it is, then! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Carbon Monster

I'm still hesitant to put color in the background- any suggestions? Think I should add any text?

lwkeba

Thanks for the comment carbon monster!

I really think you should try adding the special "gradient effect" that threadless allows you to do for it, and see how it turns out, it will ad a really cool demension to the design. Also, i think that you should try having a background of some type ( as in a half toned drop shadow or a smokey looking shadow encircling him) to make the cheshire cat feel more at home ;)

Do you know of good way to make the center "stained glass rose thing" look more like a record in my design ?

http://www.threadless.com/critique/68694/The_Inner_City

Anubisconq

It's certainly better than v.1. It kinda looks flat though- I like what lwkeba was saying about some kind of smoke in the background; I think that could work quite well.

Carbon Monster

Alright then, I'll add in some smoke. Purple smoke? Thanks for all the crit!

lwkeba, now that I know that it's a record, I can see it a lot better (and it makes a lot more sense). Maybe if it had a label or track titles like most of the old LPs had?

Lou Co Bow

I think a coloured shirt would help, really nice image though

Carbon Monster

Odd in a good way, I hope, Alexander.

HeeBee GeeBee

either a drop shadow or color shirt would help. I wouldn't add text.

whatya think of mine. "Melon-choly"

Raffid

What if the edge of his tail faded into smoke? Like he were about to disappear? So not used to seeing the Cheshire cat in green! Purple version too?

sainttomn

Try it on a grey shirt, maybe. It might help with the smokey effect everyone likes so much. I like the design. It likes Karate Mans.

Carbon Monster

Thanks for all the help! Here's the new one, with smoke (by popular request) and gradient (by popular request) and purple (ALSO by popular request). I'm starting to like it, but I still have a way to go.

Pepperonitaco

I think the shadow would be a lot better if it were composed of tiny black dots instead of solid black. The dots would thin out towards the edges of the shadow, and create a really cool gradient.

Carbon Monster

What do you all think? Am I ready to roll, or does it need more detailing?

Carbon Monster

Funny thing is, the first version was plain black and white, really showed off the linework, and I actually like it more than this one.

TiGZ

sweet design

TiGZ

sweet design

.fantome.

haha, actually, i like teh frist one more, it has, something more, maybe if you add some more detail of the same nature of linework, because the cat is amazing :)

Carbon Monster

All Righty Then!!! Here goes nothing.

No account?
Join Us