Close
One second...

Hello Yellow Brick Road

I wanted to produce a design based around some famous shoes. What more famous than the ruby slippers in the Wizard of Oz. This time it's the ruby flip flops! Using a sparkly red plastic on the flip flip strap and glitter ink on the red of the tee shirt. Who's wearing them on the tee shirt? Maybe it's the Wicked Witch of the East.

Watch this
quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I wanted to produce a design based around some famous shoes. What more famous than the ruby slippers in the Wizard of Oz. This time it's the ruby flip flops! Using a sparkly red plastic on the flip flip strap and glitter ink on the red of the tee shirt. Who's wearing them on the tee shirt? Maybe it's the Wicked Witch of the East.

RicoMambo
RicoMambo profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Nice FF, and great presentation, like T too

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

gem_boel

cool, 4!

clusterhead37

no go for a shirt. Great concept though.

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

No go? Constructive, thanks.

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Thanks for that, I disagree, but I would, I designed it!

ICallDibs

Great idea for a flip-flop, however I have to agree with cluster and randon - I wouldn't want to wear that as a shirt. And it doesn't make much sense outside of the competition either. Sorry.

indyRtist

I disagree...I really like the shirt!

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Different strokes for different folks I guess. As for it not making sense outside of the competition, I thought that was the idea of Threadless Loves? I didn't just want to do a random design and put it on some flip flops, I wanted there to be a link. But thanks for commenting.

shoretail

Very smart idea, haha. Brought a smile to my face.

nuriko_sankc

This design would probably get majority of women getting sold out but I cant see much guys wearing it..

like someone above said.. great concept but it won't appeal to a large group of people

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Thanks guys

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Maybe you're right nuriko, girls, kids and friends of dorothy might go for it though

lebomb

Love the flip flops :)
But, I have to admit, I would not wear the shirt. :( Something about the positioning of the legs just looks too strange.
4 =)

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Thanks guys, I kind of know what you mean lebomb - perhaps it's the stripes on the tights that give an optical illusion feel...

pau_ricart

hahahaahah!! funny!

sem73

I love this, and the Wizard of Oz!

cooljohnny
cooljohnny profile pic Alumni

loved!
5$!

kimibertagus

i loved the flip flops... not so sure on the shirt tho.

linkhero

cool flops

cherrylou

Love the concept-very quirky-and love the image&tee but not keen on the flip flops, sorry :) Would buy the tee though!

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Thanks you guys, your comments are much appreciated :D

smilenowcrilatr

I LOVE IT!!!! THANKS FOR SHARING AND GOOD LUCK!!

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Thankyou, you're very kind.

b12345

sweet!

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Hello - thanks again for all of your comments. Please check out my critique here for v2 of the walrus

worstcaseex

I really love the concept and design, but personally i wouldnt wear it as a shirt because it looks a little unflattering-like it makes the midsection look a little pudgy (at least on the model)

Still a good concept though!

gr33nrOne

sandals and socks don't work.
in real life.
or on a shirt.

A.D.I.T

i love the illo tho, nice !

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

This is crazy, I have never got this many votes before! Thanks to everyone who has voted and commented on this so far.

casbie

nice idea, needs more thought to the composition though.

road looks too much like a brick wall, and no shading or gravitas to the drawing.

also don't like the fuzzy edges.

shadow of (cool) Dorothy? edge of her skirt? i dunno doesn't seem complete yet.

sem73

I like it, simple with a sensitive drawing style.

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Thanks guys. I did consider that Casbie, but I felt that having the skirt masked the stripes of the socks and lost the sense of depth I was going for. I like LM06's idea of having concentric circles of bricks, I would try that if I was going to resubmit, but I suppose as entries are closed I'll just have to stick with it as it is.

PBOt

cool illo!

quick-brown-fox
1 design submitted -

Thanks to everyone who voted!

No account?
Join Us