Close
One second...

Videogame blog

This is were I talk to other people about videogames I want, am playing, bought, will be buying, etc.

It'll probably be mostly just Omair and me geeking it up.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 98
  3. 99
  4. 100
  5. 101
  6. 102
  7. 103
againstbound

Tomb Raider was pretty sweet, Jaydude, Duck Tales was pretty neat, Stevedude.

Currently going through The Last of Us and loving every bit of it as expected. Also late as fuck but going through Mirror's Edge and it's pretty fun. And it's kind of amazing how well the visuals have aged, tis all about the style I guess.

narwhals14

the first Metal Gear solid on the Playstation. AMAZING.

EZFL

Surprised there isn't any chatter about the new GTA.

Being able to switch between characters is great. How quick and forceful the cops are, not so much. Trevor's on-going Jack Nicholson impersonation is a bit annoying. Love the way the cars handle and how you switch weapons.

Morkki

Just because I don't have time for it yet!

Torakamikaze
1 design submitted - Score now!

I just got started on Borderlands 2. Gimme a minute, would ya?

FoodStampDavis
xiv said:

Being able to switch between characters is great. How quick and forceful the cops are, not so much. Trevor's on-going Jack Nicholson impersonation is a bit annoying. Love the way the cars handle and how you switch weapons.

I'm trying to finish Saints Row 4 first.

But I want this hard. I want it hard inside me.

olie!

I just finished playing The Last of Us with a buddy of mine.

I've played a buttload of amazing games in my time and in all seriousness it may be the best game I've ever played. It's hard to say best for sure but it's definitely up there in the top 3, along with Shadow of the Colossus and Cheetahmen II.

stubby43

My xbox broke two hours after buying gta v.

Also fuck man that game made 800 million in one day.

EZFL

Cumix47
xiv said:

I'm waiting PC version of this so...bad :|

quick-brown-fox
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Does anyone have Playstation Plus? I see Guacamelee is one of the free titles at the moment. Just wondering if it's worth it.

vectored_life

@xiv, I just started playing GTA5 3 days ago and it's awesome. However I am poor and can't do online multiplayer :(

Other than that, if anyone wants to chat bout it, I'm game.

Morkki

This one time in GTAV, I got beat up by some guy cosplaying a space marine. And all I did was try to take a selfie with him in the background.

quick-brown-fox

I completed the story part of the game and went for option C. Without spoiling it for anyone else, I was wondering which option other folks chose.

vectored_life

Without getting weird looks from others on here I was so excited on the first mission that I made lots of money on. I went and found a nice car, upgraded it a butt ton. Took it home and smoked pot then punched a bunch of people.

On a sad note, GTA 5 is not made for people with crappy TVs. I can barely ready any of the tutorial messages. lol

Morkki

I haven't beaten GTAV yet, I only have time to play it every other weekend it seems. Probably won't even play it online cuz I can't stand online people.

I don't mean you guys, but... you know.

Morkki

Didya guys buy any post-turkey sales frenzy games? I got Gone Home, Papers, Please and Skyrim from Steam

vectored_life

I only beat GTA 4 when the new one came out. I take forever to beat these games because of so much free play/sandbox stuff

againstbound

Pretty sure Plus is worth it, John. And Guacamelee is fucking aawesome.

quick-brown-fox

Cheers Hector. I remember you posting about it a while back, but never checked it out.

This is the first GTA game I've finished the story in. I played the others, but other games got released so I got distracted and never went back to them.

Has anyone got one of the new consoles yet? As well as all the next gen stuff, super mario 3d world looks pretty sweet.

Morkki

I fondled a PS4 controller, we've got one in the office. Haven't played any games on it yet though, nothing really interesting so far. WiiU can be barely called a newgen console and it doesn't have much in the way of games yet but I think slowly there will be some interesting ones. There'll always be a Zelda at least! The new Pikmin is nice though.

Morkki

I don't think I'll get an Xbone.

EZFL
theillustratorman said:

@xiv, I just started playing GTA5 3 days ago and it's awesome. However I am poor and can't do online multiplayer :(

You missed out on all the sweet money glitches. I'm pretty sure there's still a working one, but you don't make nearly as much or as quickly as the others.

--

I went to Walmart Thanksgiving night and picked up Assassin's Creed Black Flag for $35. AMAZING game. So different from what I'd normally play, but so much fun. Definitely worth the 1hr wait completely surrounded by hostile people and the elbow to the face.

Ordered Battlefield 4 the other day on amazon. I think they screwed up the price because i got it for only $25. Should be here in a few days.

quick-brown-fox

Black Flag is definitely on my christmas list, as is a ps4! AC3 was the first game in the franchise I didn't like much. There were some good parts, but I just wanted to get to the end.

vectored_life
xiv said:
theillustratorman said:

You missed out on all the sweet money glitches. I'm pretty sure there's still a working one, but you don't make nearly as much or as quickly as the others.

--

I went to Walmart Thanksgiving night and picked up Assassin's Creed Black Flag for $35. AMAZING game. So different from what I'd normally play, but so much fun. Definitely worth the 1hr wait completely surrounded by hostile people and the elbow to the face.

Ordered Battlefield 4 the other day on amazon. I think they screwed up the price because i got it for only $25. Should be here in a few days.

My Facebook status on Black Friday at about 8:30 pm:

"Christina and I went to Walmart last night to secretly laugh at the crowd and visit with the future sister-in-law...ended up standing in a peaceful line for about 10 minutes to get Grand Theft Auto 5 for half price, a savings of $35.

As for the crock-pot and coffee maker crowds fighting like they were pillaging a village...seriously? You saved like $10."

The crockpot people were insane that night.

TheInfamousBaka

My husband and I went to Best Buy this past weekend and he grabbed Black Flag for $35 too! I grabbed the new Ratchet & Clank and the new Sly Cooper game for a steal too. :-) Love this time of year!

And man, I need to download Guacamelee! I love PS Plus, so many free games.

OlliRudi

teslagrad, which i was the main artist on, is out on pc/linux/mac this friday!

vectored_life

Quick question since this is the videogame blog:

Do you guys have any favorite sites to keep up on videogame updates, news, etc...?

I use http://www.gamesradar.com/ but they seemed to have stopped updating news over the last month and I'd like to find anew one.

d3d

ign, or r/gaming on reddit

AnthonyMoore
TheInfamousBaka said:
FlyingMonkeyMan said:

I just got Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I feel like I am going to get addicted to this game.

And I got an Eagle in my town as one of my starting people!

I just picked it up this weekend. I've never played Animal Crossing before so hopefully I don't screw up this town.

The only 3DS game I've been playing is Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Love me some Layton.

AnthonyMoore
OlliRudi said:

teslagrad, which i was the main artist on, is out on pc/linux/mac this friday!

I have been patiently waiting for the ps3 release of this game. How much longer am I going to have to wait? It looks so good.

Morkki

I'm downloading Double Fine's Broken Age now, finally. Exciting times!

iPear

ah hi, yes, games? yes.

TheInfamousBaka

I'm really really REALLY excited for Bravely Default. I played the demo and wanted it to last forever. If you have a 3DS, download and play that shit. It's basically Final Fantasy, but in all of the best ways.

I beat Tales of Xillia yesterday and am excited for Xillia 2 whenever it makes its way over here.

While I wait for Bravely Default I'm going to play the remastered Wind Waker.

iPear

I downloaded the demo for bravely default, I haven't played through it yet.

I beat this 3DS eshop game called "Steamworld Dig" it's pretty dope! It's like a cross between mr. driller and metroid. Got a few hours of fun out of it for only 8.99.

iPear
quick-brown-fox said:

Does anyone have Playstation Plus? I see Guacamelee is one of the free titles at the moment. Just wondering if it's worth it.

One of my favorite games from lasssssssssssssst year.

quick-brown-fox
iPear said:
quick-brown-fox said:

One of my favorite games from lasssssssssssssst year.

Love it! Been playing in between AC4, but that's taken over my free time at the moment.

staffell

Right, so I just finished Broken Age Act 1, and general impressions are that it was FUCKING TERRIBLE. The only nice thing I'm going to say about it is that Elijah Wood voices the main male character.

• For starters, if the second act is going to be the same length as the first, it's WAY too short of a game.

• The artwork, while pretty, does not suit this style of game in my opinion. It needs to be more cartoony and less watercoloury. This is most certainly the point that a lot of people won't agree with me on, but I don't care. With this genre of game, the way it looks is the least important factor.

• The story is awful, and while I do like obscure and bizarre settings, the plot is so nonsensical that it's not even fun.

• The puzzles are so blindingly easy that I want to punch myself in the dick. Gone are the days of stockpiling tonnes of items and not having a clue what to do with them. There are also very little interactive pieces to each scene, so it's very obvious what to do, and even if it's not, you only have to try every item with everything and bam: solved within minutes.

• There is only ONE OPTION for interaction; CLICK. No option to Talk, Use, Pick Up, Push, Pull, Open etc etc. This kind of dumbing down is unacceptable and makes me LIVID.

WASTE OF MONEY

staffell

Boy I am angry. This was a monumental fuck-up of a genre that I grew up with.

nerrik
1 design submitted - Score now!

I bought myself an Xbox One but due to the lack of games at the moment it is collecting dust... anyone else have this problem?

staffell

No, because I knew beforehand that the available games were terrible. lolz

Morkki

I disagree on everything about Broken Age except the length. But for $15 I consider myself entertained enough!

staffell

Were you also a diehard fan of the classic point n click adventures, Morkki? I realise I was quite vitriolic with my review and didn't really need to be so vocal, but the Pn'C genre is probably my favourite of all time and it just feels so dumbed down, did you/are you finding the game challenging? I think that was my main complaint really.

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 98
  3. 99
  4. 100
  5. 101
  6. 102
  7. 103
No account?