Close
One second...

Videogame blog

This is were I talk to other people about videogames I want, am playing, bought, will be buying, etc.

It'll probably be mostly just Omair and me geeking it up.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 98
  3. 99
  4. 100
  5. 101
  6. 102
  7. 103
Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

This one time in GTAV, I got beat up by some guy cosplaying a space marine. And all I did was try to take a selfie with him in the background.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

I completed the story part of the game and went for option C. Without spoiling it for anyone else, I was wondering which option other folks chose.

vectored_life

Without getting weird looks from others on here I was so excited on the first mission that I made lots of money on. I went and found a nice car, upgraded it a butt ton. Took it home and smoked pot then punched a bunch of people.

On a sad note, GTA 5 is not made for people with crappy TVs. I can barely ready any of the tutorial messages. lol

Morkki

I haven't beaten GTAV yet, I only have time to play it every other weekend it seems. Probably won't even play it online cuz I can't stand online people.

I don't mean you guys, but... you know.

quick-brown-fox

I never play online - it makes me too angry.

Morkki

Didya guys buy any post-turkey sales frenzy games? I got Gone Home, Papers, Please and Skyrim from Steam

vectored_life

I only beat GTA 4 when the new one came out. I take forever to beat these games because of so much free play/sandbox stuff

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

Pretty sure Plus is worth it, John. And Guacamelee is fucking aawesome.

quick-brown-fox

Cheers Hector. I remember you posting about it a while back, but never checked it out.

This is the first GTA game I've finished the story in. I played the others, but other games got released so I got distracted and never went back to them.

Has anyone got one of the new consoles yet? As well as all the next gen stuff, super mario 3d world looks pretty sweet.

Morkki

I fondled a PS4 controller, we've got one in the office. Haven't played any games on it yet though, nothing really interesting so far. WiiU can be barely called a newgen console and it doesn't have much in the way of games yet but I think slowly there will be some interesting ones. There'll always be a Zelda at least! The new Pikmin is nice though.

Morkki

I don't think I'll get an Xbone.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
theillustratorman said:

@xiv, I just started playing GTA5 3 days ago and it's awesome. However I am poor and can't do online multiplayer :(

Other than that, if anyone wants to chat bout it, I'm game.

You missed out on all the sweet money glitches. I'm pretty sure there's still a working one, but you don't make nearly as much or as quickly as the others.

--

I went to Walmart Thanksgiving night and picked up Assassin's Creed Black Flag for $35. AMAZING game. So different from what I'd normally play, but so much fun. Definitely worth the 1hr wait completely surrounded by hostile people and the elbow to the face.

Ordered Battlefield 4 the other day on amazon. I think they screwed up the price because i got it for only $25. Should be here in a few days.

quick-brown-fox

Black Flag is definitely on my christmas list, as is a ps4! AC3 was the first game in the franchise I didn't like much. There were some good parts, but I just wanted to get to the end.

vectored_life
xiv said:
theillustratorman said:

@xiv, I just started playing GTA5 3 days ago and it's awesome. However I am poor and can't do online multiplayer :(

Other than that, if anyone wants to chat bout it, I'm game.

You missed out on all the sweet money glitches. I'm pretty sure there's still a working one, but you don't make nearly as much or as quickly as the others.

--

I went to Walmart Thanksgiving night and picked up Assassin's Creed Black Flag for $35. AMAZING game. So different from what I'd normally play, but so much fun. Definitely worth the 1hr wait completely surrounded by hostile people and the elbow to the face.

Ordered Battlefield 4 the other day on amazon. I think they screwed up the price because i got it for only $25. Should be here in a few days.

My Facebook status on Black Friday at about 8:30 pm:

"Christina and I went to Walmart last night to secretly laugh at the crowd and visit with the future sister-in-law...ended up standing in a peaceful line for about 10 minutes to get Grand Theft Auto 5 for half price, a savings of $35.

As for the crock-pot and coffee maker crowds fighting like they were pillaging a village...seriously? You saved like $10."

The crockpot people were insane that night.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

My husband and I went to Best Buy this past weekend and he grabbed Black Flag for $35 too! I grabbed the new Ratchet & Clank and the new Sly Cooper game for a steal too. :-) Love this time of year!

And man, I need to download Guacamelee! I love PS Plus, so many free games.

OlliRudi
OlliRudi profile pic Alumni

teslagrad, which i was the main artist on, is out on pc/linux/mac this friday!

vectored_life

Quick question since this is the videogame blog:

Do you guys have any favorite sites to keep up on videogame updates, news, etc...?

I use http://www.gamesradar.com/ but they seemed to have stopped updating news over the last month and I'd like to find anew one.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

ign, or r/gaming on reddit

AnthonyMoore
TheInfamousBaka said:
FlyingMonkeyMan said:

I just got Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I feel like I am going to get addicted to this game.

And I got an Eagle in my town as one of my starting people!

I just picked it up this weekend. I've never played Animal Crossing before so hopefully I don't screw up this town.

The only 3DS game I've been playing is Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Love me some Layton.

AnthonyMoore
OlliRudi said:

teslagrad, which i was the main artist on, is out on pc/linux/mac this friday!

I have been patiently waiting for the ps3 release of this game. How much longer am I going to have to wait? It looks so good.

Morkki

I'm downloading Double Fine's Broken Age now, finally. Exciting times!

Omair

ah hi, yes, games? yes.

PeculiarTiffany
1 design submitted -

I'm really really REALLY excited for Bravely Default. I played the demo and wanted it to last forever. If you have a 3DS, download and play that shit. It's basically Final Fantasy, but in all of the best ways.

I beat Tales of Xillia yesterday and am excited for Xillia 2 whenever it makes its way over here.

While I wait for Bravely Default I'm going to play the remastered Wind Waker.

Omair

I downloaded the demo for bravely default, I haven't played through it yet.

I beat this 3DS eshop game called "Steamworld Dig" it's pretty dope! It's like a cross between mr. driller and metroid. Got a few hours of fun out of it for only 8.99.

Omair
quick-brown-fox said:

Does anyone have Playstation Plus? I see Guacamelee is one of the free titles at the moment. Just wondering if it's worth it.

One of my favorite games from lasssssssssssssst year.

quick-brown-fox
iPear said:
quick-brown-fox said:

Does anyone have Playstation Plus? I see Guacamelee is one of the free titles at the moment. Just wondering if it's worth it.

One of my favorite games from lasssssssssssssst year.

Love it! Been playing in between AC4, but that's taken over my free time at the moment.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

Right, so I just finished Broken Age Act 1, and general impressions are that it was FUCKING TERRIBLE. The only nice thing I'm going to say about it is that Elijah Wood voices the main male character.

• For starters, if the second act is going to be the same length as the first, it's WAY too short of a game.

• The artwork, while pretty, does not suit this style of game in my opinion. It needs to be more cartoony and less watercoloury. This is most certainly the point that a lot of people won't agree with me on, but I don't care. With this genre of game, the way it looks is the least important factor.

• The story is awful, and while I do like obscure and bizarre settings, the plot is so nonsensical that it's not even fun.

• The puzzles are so blindingly easy that I want to punch myself in the dick. Gone are the days of stockpiling tonnes of items and not having a clue what to do with them. There are also very little interactive pieces to each scene, so it's very obvious what to do, and even if it's not, you only have to try every item with everything and bam: solved within minutes.

• There is only ONE OPTION for interaction; CLICK. No option to Talk, Use, Pick Up, Push, Pull, Open etc etc. This kind of dumbing down is unacceptable and makes me LIVID.

WASTE OF MONEY

staffell

Boy I am angry. This was a monumental fuck-up of a genre that I grew up with.

nerrik

I bought myself an Xbox One but due to the lack of games at the moment it is collecting dust... anyone else have this problem?

staffell

No, because I knew beforehand that the available games were terrible. lolz

nerrik

9_9

Morkki

I disagree on everything about Broken Age except the length. But for $15 I consider myself entertained enough!

staffell

Were you also a diehard fan of the classic point n click adventures, Morkki? I realise I was quite vitriolic with my review and didn't really need to be so vocal, but the Pn'C genre is probably my favourite of all time and it just feels so dumbed down, did you/are you finding the game challenging? I think that was my main complaint really.

Morkki
staffell said:

Were you also a diehard fan of the classic point n click adventures, Morkki? I realise I was quite vitriolic with my review and didn't really need to be so vocal, but the Pn'C genre is probably my favourite of all time and it just feels so dumbed down, did you/are you finding the game challenging? I think that was my main complaint really.

It's not that I found it particularly challenging, it's just that I didn't think it needs to be. I understand that if you are looking for really puzzling puzzles then you will be disappointed but I am mostly in for the story in games.

That being said, I don't think it was particularly dumbed down. I played a lot of the classic adventure games from Lucasarts and Sierra and many times the "challenge" came from randomly trying to find interactive objects from the backgrounds or completely absurd solutions to puzzles. It's not clever game design, it's just an artificial way of lengthening the game. Likewise having a bunch of different interaction commands really just gives an illusion of choice and complexity. In reality it's just an extra layer of clicking. Broken Age doesn't do too much hand holding (except maybe in the beginning) and if anything the puzzles are logical.

My main complaints with Broken Age are the constrained areas and linearity. I guess I was expecting a larger world to explore with the development time being so long. Also the game starts a little too slow.

It may be too early to criticize the game about it's length or story before the whole thing is out though.

Morkki

BAMP

Because Mario Kart 8 is coming May 30

Omair

Dang, idk what's more impressive superboner or stretchjeans.

Yooooooo, Merionkart looks superduperpret. I might gotta buy that.

I'm playing Child of Light right now and Mercenary Kings. Other than being a real POS regarding online multiplayer on Steam, MK is really super fun. It's like a cross between megaman, and oldschool run & guns, but mixed with a surprisingly deep gun crafting engine. Also, when it freaking works, playing co-op is fun as heck. The artwork is done by paul robertson, so there's lots of neat character sprites and shit. Would recommend, especially for the price.

Child of Light is pretty neat, too. It's been a while since I played an RPG that both intrigued me story-wise and gameplay-wise. It's like, built on the same engine as Rayman Legends, I believe. So, it's pretty AF. I'm not super far into it yet, though. Digging the presentation thus far.

RonanL
RonanL profile pic Alumni

I just recently downloaded Open Emu. It's basically an emulator every popular retro system in one program, and it makes keeping save files and settings organized and clean. It's really, truly amazing, and it's free. You can download it here: http://openemu.org/

I'm playing Golden Sun 2, and just beat Sonic 3 & Knuckles as I go through some old games from when I was younger.

Morkki
Omair said:

Oh man you've changed. You've changed!

It's been forever since I've played a proper RPG, I'm thinking I might pick up the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remasters.

PeculiarTiffany
1 design submitted -

I've been playing X HD and it's really nice. The new models take some getting used to, but man. I got it on the Vita too and playing Blitzball on the go is awesome. Make sure you get all of the Al Bhed Primers! Some are missable. :-(

Jake Friedman
1 design submitted -

I'm not the biggest video game player, but I've been absolutely obsessed with a computer game called "Of Guards and Thieves"

You're either a guard or a thief, and you have to work with your team to steal or protect one of six items. Serious loads of fun, would recommend a bazillion times over.

quick-brown-fox

Did anyone else check out the Destiny Beta?

I thought it was pretty sweet, I didn't realise it was ending so soon. I had preordered last year but never got a beta code, so I only got a few hours with it. I'm definitely looking forward to the real thing. I've never really played a game where it was automatically online, so it was a new concept for me. It was cool that bros just walking past jump in and help you out, and you can do the same.

I generally don't play with other people, because I'm shit and get angry when people do stuff like camping and sniping.

Yeah, so anyway, this thread has been quiet for a couple of months - what's everyone playing?

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Other than the Football Manager series, I haven't played video games in around 20 years. I never had the patience. Over the last couple of months though I've been easing myself into them on my PC. Here's what I've played, based on recommendations from hardened gamers:

X-COM: Enemy Unknown I was initially pretty immersed in this. Easy and fun, and lots of stats for a nerd like me. Tired of it way before the end though.

Darksiders 2 I never cared for the whole running around fighting people genre but this was fun for about 3 sessions. I might revisit it now I'm a bit more familiar with video games.

The Banner Saga Beautiful looking, and simple. Way too easy though. I finished it in a few days.

Portal 1 & 2 I was always aware of these games but figured surely they can't be that interesting? I was, of course, wrong. Fucking ace. Finished them both relatively quickly but they were just the right amount of difficult.

Skyrim Jesus fucking christ! I never realised games could be so vast! I've been playing this almost daily for a few weeks and I love it. It's reached the point where my girlfriend is questioning who I am because I've never been remotely interested in games before but am now constantly telling her about it.

I currently have Shovel Knight, Fallout 3 and Dark Souls 2 to start but would appreciate any more recommendations.

PeculiarTiffany
1 design submitted -

My husband was playing Destiny and I honestly didn't pay too much attention because meh, but it sure is pretty! If he plays the full version (we pre-ordered the Destiny PS4) I'll try to pay a bit more attention.

Right now I'm playing Dragon Quest VIII and it's really fun so far! I love a JRPG that lets you wander around a bit and overleveling doesn't make it a cakewalk.

I'm also playing Conception II on the Vita and am still working on Fire Emblem Awakening and FFX HD, but dang grinding for levels in those games is the pits.

Super excited for Theaterhythm in September! :-D And Persona Q.

quick-brown-fox

I've never really played games on a computer, not since consoles came out anyway. I'm probably too lazy for keyboards. Last I played was Dungeon Keeper and Tomb Raider on a mates PC, so a fair while ago. I daren't even try Skyrim, I get easily obsessed and could see arguments over the telly with the other half!

The next generation of games are looking really exciting - this especially appeals to me.

quick-brown-fox
TheInfamousBaka said:

My husband was playing Destiny and I honestly didn't pay too much attention because meh, but it sure is pretty! If he plays the full version (we pre-ordered the Destiny PS4) I'll try to pay a bit more attention.

Right now I'm playing Dragon Quest VIII and it's really fun so far! I love a JRPG that lets you wander around a bit and overleveling doesn't make it a cakewalk.

I'm also playing Conception II on the Vita and am still working on Fire Emblem Awakening and FFX HD, but dang grinding for levels in those games is the pits.

Super excited for Theaterhythm in September! :-D And Persona Q.

I'm still on Guacamelee! I play it about once a month, I keep forgetting to play it. The handiest thing about the vita for me is when Sarah kicks me off the tv, I can carry on playing the PS4 on the vita!

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 98
  3. 99
  4. 100
  5. 101
  6. 102
  7. 103
No account?
Join Us