Companies with Stolen Threadless Designs (BLACKLIST!)

Every now and then we post blogs here that show companies ripping off Threadless designs.

I found out 2 days ago that some company stole one of my designs and it got me thinking. I think it would be handy to have a list of companies who have ripped off Threadless shirts so we can keep checking in on them!

I need your help though! Post links below and I will add them so we can click through and check in on them!

THE BLACK LIST!

Baiyoke Factory HOLY $#!t

Chapchi

Empoz.com

8 Ball

Planetary Bargains

Gorilla Shirts

THREAD

The Literacy Gift Shop

UK Record Shop

T-BAR (mostly in store)

Roadkill T-shirts

Stabilitees

POST ANY MORE BELOW!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
EricDiaz

they named names!

hey, whatever happened to bizarro threadless?

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

Bizarro Threadless has done a total revamp now! I don't understand what is going on anymore over there!

Retroludo
Retroludo profile pic Alumni

Did you ever get anything from your design at Bizarro Threadless?

greenttentacle

T-Bar has copies, but only show them in store, not on the website

Also Sportsgirl has been stealing designs too!

briancook

Retroludo
Retroludo on Feb 10 '10 at 9:43pm
Did you ever get anything from your design at Bizarro Threadless?

They paid me...but no bizarro alumni gear...which is what I wanted :'(

silverqe
silverqe profile pic Alumni

Hot Topic stole the "rub me on your butt" shirt at some point.

silverqe
silverqe profile pic Alumni

Charlotte Russe also ripped off Brightwood's slogan some time ago.

Tikimasters
Tikimasters profile pic Alumni

I don't think there's much that can be done with stolen slogans unfortunately. As long as there's a difference in the type job :(

travis76
travis76 profile pic Alumni

i wonder if 'we've got some work to do now' was just bought up in bulk and sold in a store somewhere...because it's on the second reprint and there are only like 9 subbed streetteam pics for it...

i've seen mission 6 printed on messenger bags somewhere...sorry, no link, i sent it to threadless :P

tadstick

this makes me sad.

TiffanyStarburst

I bought that astronaut tee, with carries a radio with rainbow colours around it, at an belgian festival.
Don;t know the brand dough :(
And! and! It had a flaw in it!! unlike the original design. The rainbow shadows werent correct.

JacquesMaes
JacquesMaes profile pic Alumni

funny how they have their url spread over each Tee on each image (in case someone would rip it off)

Ma Bell

Empoz,com

rhythmdev9

Astronaut Holding Radio....

they couldn't even think of a clever name

linkhero

this bootleg tees are making me laugh

briancook

This spaceman t shirt features a picture of an astronaut with a boom box strutting his funky stuff, with multicoloured stripes behind him. This is a 100% cotton black Spaceman tshirt

Ma Bell

I only saw the one rip on 8ball.

Ma Bell

Can you tell I'm bored?

JacquesMaes
JacquesMaes profile pic Alumni

Spotted some rip-offs at a festival not so long ago, at a little shirt-stand. The brand was called 'Unfledged', hard to google though because of the name.

Pipsqueack

But they can do this? It's legal? There isn''t a sort of contract we stipulate with Threadless when submitting designs and/or slogans? I mean even if they aren't picked to be printed.

BenjaminBot

mabey threadless is dealing under the table :O!!!!! naw naw i love you guys

Pipsqueack

Nah.. I'm serious. I think I won't continue submitting my art if there is the risk it isn't attribuited to me.

Disgruntled_Pacifist

Somewhere I think Threadless has a place to show them where material is being stolen and they go after them. It's hard though, doesn't matter what you do these days shit's getting stolen.

Pipsqueack, don't stop subbing :( Threadfull©, needs your designs, I mean uhm, our artists are inspired by you, yes that's it ☻

briancook

Pipsqueack - Threadless goes after anyone with stolen designs that we can find, it's just that a lot of are overseas and it's hard to control. I wouldn't stop subbing because of it, it's just cause you put your design out there - people are gonna steal it. If you mock it up on a shirt or make your submission pretty low rez it makes it harder for them to rip it from here.

RedRafael
RedRafael profile pic Alumni

Jaakie201 on Jul 30 '10 at 9:00am Another Unfledged rip off (this time for sale in a store).

kennybanzai
kennybanzai profile pic Alumni

There were countless rips on this road in Bangkok, Thailand...and lots of people wearing the rips...

I saw two designs I did for other companies in one day...one being worn by a tee seller and another just walking the streets... crazy time! whut???!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us