Close
One second...

Bearfeet

• by bhorne
  • posted Feb 04, 2010
  • 30 Comments

Being Barefoot Can Be A Bear

It's hard without shoes, and bears know it too!

Created wearing my TOMS, this design is a play on words with a bear figure made of human footprints. The pattern looks just as cool from far away as it does up close. The colors are simple and reflect the TOMS Shoes logo — a dark grey design (printed with puff) on a light blue and/or silver grey shirt.

This will be the perfect T to complement your feet on April 8 for “One Day Without Shoes.”

Watch this
bhorne

Being Barefoot Can Be A Bear
It's hard without shoes, and bears know it too!

Created wearing my TOMS, this design is a play on words with a bear figure made of human footprints. The pattern looks just as cool from far away as it does up close. The colors are simple and reflect the TOMS Shoes logo — a dark grey design (printed with puff) on a light blue and/or silver grey shirt.

This will be the perfect T to complement your feet on April 8 for “One Day Without Shoes.”

paok

nice pattern...

Katie Cantrell
Katie Cantrell profile pic Alumni

I am such a sucker for a good pun. Therefore, I think this is great! : ) Best of luck to you in the competition!

jimbolic

simply amazing!

jimbolic

After looking at all the subs for this LOVEs competition, this is the best so far :)

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Super nice visual pun for the contest.

millyblue

Nice idea, fine design.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

4$

bhorne

this is my first submission, so thanks for all the love!

Arrow08
Arrow08 profile pic Alumni

Nice!

frogblog.ownlog.com

I like the idea and design, but it doesn't talk about the problem I think

felipainters

Great composition, I like to give you 3.5 $

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Love the idea!

groovyspecs

this is a wonderful interpretation of the topic. good job!

Howlsthunder

This is awesome - I'd buy it, too. My only critique is that, having worked all summer around bears, bear muzzles are much thicker than you've drawn here. Maybe if a foot print with the toes out rather than the heel out were used instead, and larger. Still, fantastic idea! :D

ckitts3

good work buddy :o)

bhorne

thanks again for all the comments!

@frogblog, if this gets printed, i would hope it would initiate conversation about the purpose behind TOMS. feet are pretty unappealing to the masses, so i felt this was an effective way to generate interest without grossing people out.

@howlsthunder, where did you work? i was hoping to see bears (from a distance) this past summer in yellowstone / grand teton but didn't see any. maybe i should have hung out with you. if necessary, a sharpie muzzle would be amazing!

Shizin

nice! 5$

ndikol
ndikol profile pic Alumni

cool!

foxatee

i see what you did there.

redroan

Really cool concept, I love how you put it together. Agree with frogblog, the muzzle does need to be much thicker. Solid design, though. :)

Howlsthunder

@ bhorne, I worked in Katmai National Park, Alaska, at Brooks Lodge. Katmai has the largest population density of brown bears in the world. Most days you couldn't throw a stick without hitting a bear, so we didn't play with sticks too often. :P

No account?
Join Us