Close
One second...

iZombie

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
epocalypse

one thing i might do if there's a good response to this is expand the image to show all of the zombies head, ipod and hand and put it on a red shirt.

OrangeSensation1

Hey

Freeking freaky design dude! I would lose the square b0rder around the design. I think it would look better for the placement.

How about having a brain as the logo instead of the apple?

epocalypse

i'd agree with dropping the border, and the brain idea is pretty cool. i'll keep at it!

epocalypse

by the by, what do people think a silhouette of a brain would look like?

epocalypse

I agree, i think everyone is on the same page. I'll work on making this more shirt based (I thinking putting it on red is the right move) and then putting it up here. I don't have the time right now, but soon. thanks for the input!

epocalypse

Originally did this as concept art for a friend. Loved how it turned out so thought I might sub it as a tee. I realize I'm not the first to have done this idea, but I thought it came out pretty awesome, so I'd try my luck. Thoughts?

8 colors on black. here's a link to the original painting: http://epocalypse.deviantart.com/art/iZombie-NYZ-Concept-Poster-c-142108948

Not a completed new version, but taking people's advice and continuing on this way. Thought you guys might like to take a look at how it's coming along. 8 colors on red.

elliemaybe

Very, very cool tee, but I'm not feeling the block colour design on the hand... Perhaps try stretching it so that it's a seam-to-seam print and the hand detail ends naturally on the side of the shirt? OR, add more of a block effect to other parts of the shirt to make the concept come through a little more (create an invisible square (or circle, or triangle) within your zombie and then block-colour the detail parts that fall outside of that shape). I think that would help make it a more cohesive t-shirt design as opposed to just a cool painting. :)

Hope this helped!

Critique me back if you can?
http://www.threadless.com/critique/55972/I_Hawkeye

epocalypse

oh, on the hand issue: that is actually just blocking, once finished it will have more fine detail like the rest of the image.

epocalypse

anymore comments on how it's progressing?

epocalypse

going to be updating this soon, should be ready to post then.

bnay

It looks really good the way its coming along, but I'd suggest making the headphone cords a little thinner.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

Cool! Wow! ;D

epocalypse

thanks all, I'm planning on getting this done real soon.

epocalypse

just an update on the progress, hoping to have it up by the middle of the month. almost done, I'd say 80-90%

allstate dj narrator

i like it dude idk what else you can do to make it better

epocalypse

oh, it just needs some finishing.

epocalypse

here we go, pretty much complete. putting it up here for a bit and subbing soon.

jimbolic

wow, you really are an illustrator!

epocalypse

thanks.

also, here's a full view from my deviant art page:

link

epocalypse

Okay, so the design is basically done, I'm just trying to choose which of these two submission versions (versions 4 or this one, 5) is better to sub. You see, version 4 is a jpeg, and while truer to the colors of the image, the particular red that makes up the base tee color is prone to artifacting in the image. This version is a gif that has no artifacting, but is thus slightly off from the intended coloration of the design (the red feels not quite as rich). Also, the detail close ups on the two designs are slightly different.

epocalypse

Okay, So how about this flash version? I think this is the one I'll sub (either this one, version 4, or version 5; the design is done I'm just trying to get the sub exactly right) with this link to a detail view at my devart page. I think that'll be pretty good...

epocalypse

yechh, looks all choppy. I just do not know enough about flash to make this work, I'll probably go with version five and the link.

thegoodpope
thegoodpope profile pic Alumni

I think you should submit this ver. Your flash looks great on my end?
Are you on a MAC or PC?
What browser are you using?
What do you mean looks choppy?

Hey, I have 2 designs up for scoring right now and I'd really appreciate it if you'd give me a vote and leave me a comment:

Help! (in Morse code)
The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal

epocalypse

ah, thanks! It was that I was zoomed in on the webpage in firefox, now it looks great. Saved me some trouble there. Great designs, by the way.

eponymon

Cool idea and looks great but you could consider making the ipod a color that has a stronger contrast to the zombie. I'd also get rid of the font because it doesn't look exactly like the one used by Mac.

I'd be glad to hear your opinon on my critique!

epocalypse

oh, the font is not part of the design. is that unclear? i doesn't appear in the placement slide.

epocalypse

woops, link goes to wrong place, here is a correct one:

link

epocalypse

So i've decided to add a possible back graphic of an apple parody logo and maybe a parody catchphrase, like Brains different, before the final sub. and I'll clarify the design a bit too. nearly nearly there.

epocalypse

nearly done, final demo coming up.

Tasmem

look cool, I like it, I like the apple in the V1 :)

Check mine

epocalypse

so here is probably the last version. It comes down to this one with the apple logo parody as a potential back graphic, and some slight changes to the hand to try to make the iPod stand out more. Here's a link to the v6 details until I put up some for v7: link

epocalypse

link error. here's the correct one : link

cscottdraw

Wow! This is awesome! I have a few friends that would love this!

My design is up for scoring!, Please vote! Dark Inner Workings

epocalypse

thanks! nice design by the way.

z0mbieSheep

Two of my favorite things... zombies and Apple.

I LOVE the zombified apple logo!

drwhofreak
drwhofreak profile pic Alumni

BADASS

z0mbieSheep

While it probably wouldn't have the broadest appeal, I'd definitely buy a shirt with just that Apple logo and the iZombie text!

epocalypse

thanks! It'll be going up soon.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?