Close
One second...

Copier

• by masstige
  • posted Oct 24, 2009
  • 23 Comments

Looking at a few of the principles of Pop art:

1 - Removing everyday objects from context and elevating it to the status of art - emphasized using gold foil as the print method.

2 - Looking at contemporary methods of creating imagery and 'art' for the masses through mass reproduction (less serigraphy, more xerox-graphy)

3 - The image is labeled as "artist self portrait." A touch of Pop irony by giving the title of "artist" to the person wearing the t-shirt - having as much creativity, originality and impact in contemporary Pop culture art as a photocopier.

4 - and really now, who hasn't always dreamed of a gold photocopier on their t-shirt?

Watch this
masstige

Looking at a few of the principles of Pop art:

1 - Removing everyday objects from context and elevating it to the status of art - emphasized using gold foil as the print method.
2 - Looking at contemporary methods of creating imagery and 'art' for the masses through mass reproduction (less serigraphy, more xerox-graphy)
3 - The image is labeled as "artist self portrait." A touch of Pop irony by giving the title of "artist" to the person wearing the t-shirt - having as much creativity, originality and impact in contemporary Pop culture art as a photocopier.
4 - and really now, who hasn't always dreamed of a gold photocopier on their t-shirt?

brentendo

this is cool, nice explanation for the design

playonwords

i wish we had that when I worked at IBM. I would love to see a fax machine in the same way and someone kickin it like they did in that famous movie. somehow i like this oh no i must be a geek or something or you must be way cool.

S373n

kick ass!

masstige

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
x

playonwords: wearing any electronic equipment on your shirt makes you so geeky you become way cool...a hot geek!

tippycal

i love the fact that it's a self-portrait :)
in the end, we can't really create art from nothing :)
5$

jogarbel

Really pop! 5 golden $

timizy01

love it, i want one... pls print

A_Morrell

very clever indeed

Narg2213

awesome...5$

blakesheaven

self portrait... brilliant!!! An absolute 5!!!!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

That's one kickass looking copier! I also dig the surprising million ross march presentation.

redshock

u should've entered this into innovation, not pop
really awesome innovation, but the shirt is still a 4

cmartz

awesome work.

Spam69

This is so much better than it has any right to be. I don't know if I would buy it but you've really nailed the concept.

bengineer
bengineer profile pic Alumni

i can't believe i'm saying this but that golden copier looks really awesome! You got pop in your veins, dude :P

masstige

Thanks for the feedback all!

No account?
Join Us