Close
One second...

Rain Dance

• by Japanties
  • posted Aug 24, 2009
  • 38 Comments

I intended this design to inspire happiness and nostalgia. I always enjoyed dancing in the rain as a youngster although I was not as well prepared as these two are. :) Galoshes would've been nice back then..

Watch this
Japanties

I intended this design to inspire happiness and nostalgia. I always enjoyed dancing in the rain as a youngster although I was not as well prepared as these two are. :) Galoshes would've been nice back then..

cstrebeck

I love the bee! This is a cute design.

robbielee
robbielee profile pic Alumni

Great design, I love the characters, the colors and the cool reflection. 5!

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
1 design submitted -

coool!, love the reflection

c_kid
c_kid profile pic Alumni

Cute!

lawrence loh
lawrence loh profile pic Alumni

maybe the reflection could hv some twist? overall nice work!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I thought this was L. Hornblower's at first, awsome work on the very convincing rain reflection!

ilovegravy
ilovegravy profile pic Alumni

$5!!!! :D

greenttentacle

cute, but i think the rain reflection needs to fade out (and the bee definitely wouldn't be seen).

Japanties

Thank you everyone so far! I appreciate your support so much.
Greenttentacle, I agree with you on the reflection. I think I probably should've faded it a bit. Next time I use this type of effect, I think I will. And I debated on the bee for a while because I knew he should either not be there or look like a indiscriminate blob, but in the end I liked him being there. I guess I'm living in a world where perspective and reflective rules don't apply. ;) Only for now!

Skap 1er

very cute! i agree with greenttentacle^

sagrev

good idea ...```

styuka

very cute!!

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

nice colors!

Japanties

Thank you, John! That's actually who I was aiming it at. I doubt many past their pre-teens would want to wear this. :) Though I perhaps..

Jelche

well, you've succeeded. it's definitely invoking nostalgia in me.

buko
buko profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

sweet!!!

TheW

nice effects on the water. sweet stuff.

sweet n sour
sweet n sour profile pic Alumni

what greenttentacle said

other than that this is super dooper

NessaChan

Ahhh! I love this!

I'm a grown-up and I would wear it.

Rach93

zomg its pedobear :P(almost). no, i like it tho

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

love everything thing except the halftone on the umbrella. $4.

Japanties

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. I'm glad to have had such a pleasant community experience my first time out. :)

saltogirl

the bee and the reflection are too much, the two dancer are great enough and they don't need any distraction to their perfect dancing performance. Great characters, luv it.

priyz
priyz

Sorry for the empty comment above, it happened by mistake. I really liked the colours you used in this design - very cheerful and perfect for kids. Makes me want to dance too! :-) The raindrops are cute.

Japanties

Well, I don't suppose 2.54 is terribly horrible! I'm glad to have such a score on my first go round. I look forward to posting more soon!

No account?
Join Us