Close
One second...

Alone in the woods.

• by dversdzn
  • posted Aug 12, 2009
  • 39 Comments

This is an idea I'm thinking of submitting for the Loves Childhood contest. My wife had an idea for a fairy-tale type picture and put this beautiful little decoupage piece together.

The shirt would be printed using simulated 4-color process on black because there is so much wonderful texture when using the decoupage technique that the piece wouldn't be nearly as interesting if it were re-created as vector art.

Watch this
dversdzn

This is an idea I'm thinking of submitting for the Loves Childhood contest. My wife had an idea for a fairy-tale type picture and put this beautiful little decoupage piece together.

The shirt would be printed using simulated 4-color process on black because there is so much wonderful texture when using the decoupage technique that the piece wouldn't be nearly as interesting if it were re-created as vector art.

andresL

I like it :)

pixelstuff

Beautiful artwork, I love how it melts into the black TShirt. You could improve the movement and expression of the kid. Is she afraid, glad to be alone, or did she run away sulking?

zeropluslessthan

Great. Maybe give the kid another crack, but it's good enough to go.

EagleStrike

This is stunning. The red on her outfit really draws her out and shows how alone she is compared to the browns that surround here. The way the tree blends into the shirt is nicely done. Top notch!

8bitcat

Vector certainly wouldn't do this piece justice. You need all the beautiful textures in there. This is ready to submit, go for it!

Adelaide Blue

I think your illustration is wonderful, i'm fearing and trembling with her.

sub it, i vote for you!
(and thank's 4 your help, keep in touch)

Ars Fera

Thanks for the comment!
Wow this is amazing! The only thing I'm gona point out is that there seems to be a definite square shape to the image. I would make the design a little bigger on the tee and change the small holes through the trees near the edge of the design to eliminate the box-y shape. After that, I think it's ready to sub!

cpcarey

this is really great! i'm with pixelstuff, i really like how the black foliage border immerses you in the environment. the patchwork feel is also great. this is ready for submission! and thx for the comment =)

Estebando

In my humble opinion, take away the little girl, the tree is strongly enough, i love the technic! and Good luck!

Giraffix

Thanks for your comment. This one is Amazing! You should def. sub it.

projekct

This is so good! i would personally like it a tad bit bigger on the shirt.

Dexter Spandex

wow, this is just great. I love the vulnerability of the little girl.
perhaps you could have a wolf hidden really subtley somewhere in the foliage at the edge...
Thanks for your very helpful comments on my giant robot.

dversdzn

I'm making some minor changes right now. Mostly just increasing the size a little bit and cleaning up the edges in the leaves. Also trying to make it look not so round.

I'll post V2 a little later on today. The response has been great for this one, thanks so much everybody.

the AVERAGE JOE club

wow, this is nice, the textures, the way your looking through the trees, i think just submit it now!

MessyBoy

I really like this earthy, collage style!

I like that the only warmth coming from the image is the girl. Part of me really wants more colour in it but i think that would ruin it.
Great work!

Loksburry

This is great as it is! Really cool collage technique. The girl looks lonely and a bit helpless as well so good job. Would be cool though if you can improve it with version 2

dversdzn

For V2 I just made some minor adjustments to the overall size, the saturation level of the colors (bumped them up a little bit) and the shape of the leaves/opening. It was pointed out that it was looking a bit square so I've rounded it off a bit and gone for a less uniform/more organic feel.

As always, all thoughts, comments, critique, feedback... is welcome and much appreciated.

Berbs42

I love the textures here!! I don't have much of anything to add to what's already been said. Don't do any major changes, that's really it!! Don't forget my two.

Berbs42

Dangit, thought I was posting to v1....
SUB IT!!!

xys_tus

sub.....

pixls

this looks really great, i say submit!

Wheel of Fortune

I think this is worthy of submission, too.

Will you please have a look at mine?

dversdzn

thanks everybody. She's been submitted. Just waiting for word on wether or not it's been accepted.

EagleStrike

I'll be sure to rate this a 5 when it's approved. :)

cschroeder

Even just enlarging the design might do the trick!

chenonceau

Reminds me of papier-mâché; very nice.

alkalineangyl

Well done, I like the patchwork effect and the design looks nice on the black shirt.

dversdzn

Well, she's up for voting. Thanks for all the kind words and input everybody. Hope scoring goes well.

Alone In The Woods.

No account?