Close
One second...

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

• by pixls
  • posted Aug 03, 2009
  • 32 Comments

This is a good idea of what i'm thinking for doing as a proper design,

i really like it, right now it's obviously really rough, so don't harsh the actual vectors just yet, but tell me what you think of the design,

like what flavor jelly, what kind of bread, open sandwich or already made up like it is.

enjoy!

Watch this
pixls

This is a good idea of what i'm thinking for doing as a proper design,
i really like it, right now it's obviously really rough, so don't harsh the actual vectors just yet, but tell me what you think of the design,
like what flavor jelly, what kind of bread, open sandwich or already made up like it is.

enjoy!

The Dot

I like the peanut butter jelly time theme but I'm a bit confused... Is it a baseball bat in the background?

Keep on working on it!

And if you got time, check out my design HERE

gabeboning

I agree with charity.ryan... PB&J time theme would be awesome.

I love the idea of having broken jars with jelly on the bat, and more chaos.

If you don't like that, at least a face on the banana would be good.

Maybe a score and a comment? Please?

lisabobisa

I love the idea of the bat destroying the jars and stuff. Or maybe the sandwich could have been hit with it, smashed in the middle with the innards gooping out the sides.

Critique mine please?

pixls

broken stuff seems to be well liked in these parts, we'll give it a try,
and my girlfriend just suggested giving the banana bruises, that would be funny

Jeiji

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! IF YOU DON'T FIX THIS UP, I'M GUNNA' STEAL THIS IDEA! (JK) BUT STILL! THIS made me laugh! If you can find a way to add LOTS of detail, like almost photographic, and make it simulated process worthy, I'd buy it in an instant.
Party Foul! $5 Penalty!

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

I like the composition as is. some variety of line thicknesses will help. also, add a bit of detail to the PB and Jelly jars. you don't have to draw a whole Smucker's label, but the plain white and blue is

pixls

@anyone suggesting more detail, yes! i know! i agree! completely!

i want to add as much detail as I can without killing threadless' printers, like i said at the beginning this is a very rough sketch!

and @ anyone asking for help on a crit, i'll be right there, i've been busy lately

pixls

hey folks, just put up another crit for the "inspired by childhood" contest over here, go check it out!

dryoats

I like the idea plus the comments to get messier, put 'em together and you will have a fine t-shirt.

pixls

ok soon this will actually be great, once "who needs toys?" is done this is next in line, I'm gonna set up a photoshoot with peanut butter and jelly and a bat and a banana, may even get messy, who knows!? I'm genuinly excited for this one. I think it's gonna be great.

thanks for all of your excitement again, I hope it turns out as great as you all want it to.

pixls

oh oh oh, so soooo i'm gonna be redoing the photo shoot for the source picture of this one, are there any like, blocking quibbles anyone has? placement of this, movement of that?

pixls

oh also Who Needs Toys is up for voting here

pixls

So this is basically just a quick pick the source photo,
this isn't all that's gonna be to the end design, btu just for my reference, whether you, the people, want the sandwich cut, or not, the banana leaning more or less, the jelly closer or farther, whatever
the bat is still gonna be in the background, i'm still gonna go with most of the suggestions made in V.1, also if you want to see what i'm intending go check out V.1,

for now just pick one of the two photos, or different aspects from each of the two
thanks!

pixls

whoever clicked " don't submit" you're stupid, these are reference photos, i'm just asking the public opinion on various aspects of the design i'm going to be making

pixls

well i would, but these are my sister's foods, and so i don't think she'd be happy, also the only bats that she has are plastic, so i couldn't have done anyway. :(

i'm gonna try to figure out a way to actually smash some stuff, but, i don't have a good place to do it...

anyway, we'll figure this out! be excited

Smelynai

i don't get it.
don't know why you wanna work with this design. I don't think details will give meaning.
anyway: photo upper.

pixls

it's not for the details, it's just for somethign to work from, i'm gonna be doing this design by hand, but for sizing purposes, and like, placement stuff, it's easier to work from something real

also if i have a photo to work from getting the shadows right is waaay easier, also it's all stuff around the house so it's easy to find....

adding on things like brokenness won't be difficult

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

sandwich cut (pic 1)
jelly further away (pic2)
pb closer (pic 1)
banana either way, i don't really mind

pixls

I think i agree with you, didn't notice the pb farther away there, but i think you're right about that too,
banana i'm leaning towards more upright, not sure yet,
i've started some concept traces which i'll upload in a bit, once they're more ready

@charity, yeah i think most of em don't get that this is meant to be a source photo

thanks guys

pixls

awesome! and i'm working on it

pixls

ok so i'm gonna keep going with this because i think it's gonna be better than that one whatshisface put up.

baseball bat still absent in this version, don't worry though

Griff48

this is coming along nicely, however I think I still agree with others that you should smack that PB&J around a bit, make that bat look like it'd been used, you could have the banana be bruised and have it saying "I-I fell.." or dont do that because domestic violence isnt funny but anyway i digress, i like it, it seems to be on the right track, keep up the good work buddy

pixls

yeah well, for now i'm working on getting the plain traces, and maybe the colors down, just for a count, and to be sure about anything like that,

also the banana does not speak, because it's a banana, what are you talking about?

No account?
Join Us