Close
One second...

I guess this makes me a music snob...

This shirt is supposed to be genres that don't exist... here is my proof that they do.

Industrial Soul: KMFDM - Juke Joint Jezebel
Neo Honky Tonk: Sir Mix A Lot - Square Dance Rap
Bubble Gum Blues: The Cardigans - Junk Of The Hearts
Children's Hardcore: Gabberfoxx - Tigger's Song
Emo Bossa Nova: The Brain Setzer Orchestra - Hollywood Nocturne
Bluegrass Synth: Emerson Lake and Palmer - Hoedown
Indie Kelzmer: The Dead Brothers - I Can't Get Enough
Alternative Mambo: The Plugz - El Clavo Y La Cruz
Garage Opera: Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage
Underground Yodeling: J Young - Freestyle at SXSW
Ambient Metal: Akira Yamaoka - The Last Mariachi
Death Jazz: Cherry Poppin' Daddies - God Is A Spider
Acoustic Disco: Devo - It Doesn't Matter to Me
Speed Funk: Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
Acid Classical: Jimi Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner
Skate Folk: The Gourds - Gin and Juice
Goth Pop: Siouxsie and the Banshees - Peekaboo
West Coast Polka: DJ NoNo - Just Lose The Accordion
Afro Country: Cowboy Troy - I Play Chicken With The Train
60's Grunge: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Instrumental Hip Hop: TI - 24s (Instrumental)
Dixieland Techno: Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe
Gangsta Lounge: Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine - My Neck, My Back

You know, maybe I listen to entirely too much music...

Watch this
z axis

+1 for kmfdm

don't think it's really soul though

MisterFictionary

I applaud your enthusiasm, but you're over-analyzing the concept of the shirt, dude.

D_Dub

You should replace TI with DJ Shadow, and I don't know about you but i always thought Morrissey was gangsta lounge.

fidolofido

You. Are. Awesome.

Morrissey's not gangsta lounge- if we're going for the listed genres, I'd say he's more Garage Opera.

skeev

Maybe The Sonics for 60's Grunge.

Schley

Sorry to be a music nerd or snob or whatever, but the cover version of "Gin & Juice" that is often mistakenly attributed to the band Phish is ACTUALLY a band called The Gourds. About 10 years ago, someone decided to share a mislabeled MP3 with the world. The rest is history, I guess.

chmop

Klezmer hip-hop : "Socalled - These are the good old days"
(listen here : http://www.myspace.com/socalled)
I love this song.

Compared to other klezmer stuffs, I would say it's kind of Indie in style :)

Skunkrocker

Thanks Schley, I fixed it, as well as threw some new stuff up there I heard off of Pandora!

Schley

Thanks for the "thanks", Skunky!!

willowsprite

That's a pretty great list! Although I don't agree with some of them...

dankgirl

OK first of all I laughed my ass of the first time I saw this Tee, I mean I was hysterical thinking how perfectly opposite and well-thought out the categories were but thats it. I was seriously not expecting an actual list - so NOW I am laughing harder than I ever thought possible because I know some of the references posted and how fucking funny and bizarro world the categroies are! Mr.fictionary obviously isnt a music snob.
This is fun to think about actually...try it people.............

I agree with D Dub, DJ shadow is eclectic enough to fit several categories, with that I would add some things to this list...Death Jazz: Helmet (Beautiful Love!!hell ya, album: Betty), Gangsta Lounge: (agree with richard cheese but add) Outkast: Crumblin 'Erb, Funky Ride, Players Ball, Claimin True... 60's Grunge: (the Sonics, yes Definitley!!) also Velvet Underground (RIGHT?!?!) Goth Pop: The Cure, friday Im in love, (C'mon!) Ministry, album: Cover Up. Industrial Soul: Ministry, What a Wonderful World (on Cover Up too - seriously check it out, its the SHIT!)
I dont even know what the hell Kelzmer is but I will look for it on Spotify.
Anyway this has been a fun random exercise to do while puffin, so thank you creator of this Tee for letting me actually use my brain for a few minutes to think about all this. May add more, or maybe not, seems to be a healthy dose of agreement/disagreement about the choices.
what do you guys think? fun for stoners and music lovers alike......

No account?