Close
One second...

Tea Leaves

This is a playful take on 'Tea Leaves' that I did last Autumn. When I started working on this, I wanted something a little retro and unexpected, and a little turquoise tea pot was part of my inspiration. It's a very simple 6 color piece on Brown (I've considered it on Sand, but I think it looks best on Brown) and I think it would also do well on a sweatshirt for fall.

I've long enjoyed this piece and I finally decided to put it up here to see what its fate would be. Hopefully you all enjoy it. Comments are encouraged.

Watch this
JadenKale

This is a playful take on 'Tea Leaves' that I did last Autumn. When I started working on this, I wanted something a little retro and unexpected, and a little turquoise tea pot was part of my inspiration. It's a very simple 6 color piece on Brown (I've considered it on Sand, but I think it looks best on Brown) and I think it would also do well on a sweatshirt for fall.

I've long enjoyed this piece and I finally decided to put it up here to see what its fate would be. Hopefully you all enjoy it. Comments are encouraged.

Resistance

wow, great style and colors! 5!

rabodnube

great idea..
mmmm..It´s 5pm..TEA for me and 5$ fot u!

ndikol

cool :D

jokkesvin

Nice texture on the tree :)

JadenKale

Yay! it's up! Show it some love too over at Emptees, please!

peppersagooddog

yay tea!
i like tea.
on tees.
ttfn.

ansharp

Great idea and lovely colors. $5

mj00

Rad! $5

theinfinityloop

LOVE this. It's my favorite of yours. $5

bradyson

Very nice. I really like the design on the teapot. I'm a little teapot short an... Great now that's stuck in my head. I hate you. ;c)

bradyson

oh yeah... $5

qetza

nice colors and shirt choice.

JadenKale

Thanks for all the great comments! :)

AdderXYU

Really nice... hope this does well for you!

Rorobi

I like the way you think! Nice work. :D

mad_hatter_17

I like the play on words and the colors you chose.

Tikimasters

This is quite lovely.

artulo

Awesome! Great concept and colors that pop. My favorite part is the decoration on the kettle. $5!!

JadenKale

Thanks everyone! I'm glad so many are in favor of this piece.

venu.1981cad

Awesome ! nice colors and good concept.$5

Angie Niceday

nice tee,nice desing and idea but...in my honest opinion,the shadow on photo and typo of the presentation diminishes the final quality of your work.
hope have helped for futures subs
anyway,good job! :)

Angie Niceday

nice tee,nice desing,nice idea but....in my honest opinion , the shadow on the photo and type of presentation decreases the quality of your final work.
I hope to have helped you for futures subs.
anyway,good job! :)

lumad

nice concept!

JadenKale

@ Angie - So, since I don't use flash, you're saying it makes my work look less professional? There are other artists here that have printed and don't use flash. As for my placement photo with Festa, I figured outlining him would help the shirt stand out, since I was unable to set up the flash presentation.

robbielee

Great colors, texture on the teapot and tree.

Artcake

Nice idea

JadenKale

Thanks everyone! :)

CazKing

Cool - I like it!

CazKing

BTW your presentation is fine - you're right - I've seen heaps of awesome subs that haven't used flash.

JadenKale

Thanks CazKing. I feel better about that now. I was worried that I was losing voter interest due to lack of flash.

TGWA

Great colors and retro styling. I like the way you handled the leaves, it has a very fresh feel to it. If there's any negative for me personally is that I'm not entirely sure what the concept is going for, but I'm also not a big tea drinker (as in I never, ever drink tea) so it's possible it's just me. Get's a $4 from me for that lovely retro art.

Yumeji

nice leaves

lawrence loh

so little tea bag hanging on the tree,overall its a fine idea.

JadenKale

lawrence loh on Jun 13 '09
so little tea bag hanging on the tree,overall its a fine idea.

Well, it IS fall... I'm sure a fair number of them have since fallen from the tree. ;)

Thank you for all the comments! And thank you TGWA! Always nice to see your insight on a piece I've done.

joe quakze

Oh I luv the colors!! $5!!

mia3mom

great colors, and I love the mix of teapot, teabags, and tree and how interwoven they are. The steam looks great with the leaves floating on top! $5 for sure!

JadenKale

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the kind words and the critiques. Final day, just hoping for a decent number now.

No account?