Close
One second...

New POWER SCORE! Help me test something potentially amazing

(This started as an alumni blog but I'm moving it into the regular blogs to get further feedback)

I think this is going to rule.

I made a thing I am calling "POWER SCORE!" ... check it out:
http://www.threadless.com/powerscore

It's basically just another, faster, addictive, game-like way to score subs. If it works out and ppl like it, we'll offer it up for everyone to use. But it won't replace the current format.

Let me know what you guys think, feel free to use it all you wish!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 9
sonmi

oooh this seems way more efficient!

pilihp
1 design submitted - Score now!

is there a way to unload the comments after you click it?

Torakamikaze

it's fun knowing how many are left to score

having a goal is neat

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

pilihp - no, not currently - think that it's necessary?

Torakamikaze

I dont think Ill ever get that high five

someday... someday

lol @ 513 left

wallstreet

It's very, very cool.

pilihp

well, maybe not. but after i loaded the comments i scrolled down and clicked the blue bar without reading the text, thinking maybe it would unload the comments. but it took me out of the power score page to the actual sub to leave a comment. i couldn't get back to the power score page without starting over.

EZFL

Torakamikaze on Jun 01 '09 at 9:41am
oh man, that is cool

Krakaboom

Awesome!!!

I am checking this out on IE.

After voting, I tried to get back to the Participate --- Blog Forum bit, but I couldn't click on the drop down menu, as it kept disappearing.

Secondly, is there any way for the designer's original comment to be there all the time without having to load the comments? I use that to link to larger versions, etc, and would rather make sure everyone saw that before voting, because I'm sure some people will not bother loading it first.

Someone's already suggested this, but is there any way to allow us to edit the designer's first comment?

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

yea that makes sense, ideally i'd like for you to be able to comment just right from that page

briancook

high five! This is AWESOME!!!

will this be accessable on handhelds too? It seems it would work good for the iphone and such, mine takes a long time to load the current subs.

EZFL

and the bad submissions seem even worse when they're sandwiched in between a great one.

ivejustquitsmoking

What phil said..
wish it could load the comment box and let me comment wo starting over..

this is actually a fun way to score

ivejustquitsmoking

or perhaps include the watch button so i could go back to the good ones and comment?

briancook

Jake - would there be a way to optionally choose "score last first"? I try to score all the designs up and when I cut it close I have to go to the last page of designs I haven't scored and use the quick score" thing to score them before they finish. If this app had a checkbox to score the ones finishing first that would be AWESOMER.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

hey chengui - we hope to be able to allow scoring on handhelds... the biggest hurdle right now is Flash support - we're thinking of requiring both a flat img & an swf if you choose swf.

as for scoring last first, it actually loads in randomly but i see what you're saying. one thing is you can filter the subs page by 'designs i haven't scored' and that would help

briancook

yeah - that's what I do when I cut them close - but then I have to use quick score and continually click back to the last page - I love that they load randomly, just wondered if there could be the other option as well.

briancook

Oh, and I usually just skip the flash ones, but it seems that if my iphone doesn't have to load all the comments and such that it would be that much easier (faster).

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

yea... this should work on your iphone right now, give it a try...

briancook

Not with me at the moment, but I will later! :)

tracerbullet

seems like a neat feature, though it doesn't work with IE6 (forced to use it at work), so i'll try it when i get home

TangYauHoong

Wow this is really cool, and loads so much faster. Agree that able to leave a comment would be awesome.
It's strange when i skip scoring it will be counted as scored

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

i'm going to try to get it to work in ie6. that browser is so frustrating :(

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

tang - we thought it would be stranger for you to skip 5 designs but then be done when you get to 516 out of 524

tracerbullet

IE6 is awful. i wish my work would upgrade :-\

andyg

I have IE8 and I'm having issues with this... only the first submission image will load up. I can see how this will be a cool feature once the bugs are fixed though.

wotto

A true moment of genius. I LOVE IT. MAKE IT HAPPEN RIGHT EFFING NOW.

tracerbullet

that's actually the same problem i have on IE6, andy.

so maybe it's just an IE issue?

briancook

I'm using IE7 and it's been fine for me...

briancook

tang - we thought it would be stranger for you to skip 5 designs but then be done when you get to 516 out of 524

yeah but doesn't it throw the "skipped designs" back into the pool to score from? That's what always happens to be, the closer I get to finish scoring, the more often the skipped designs come up again until finally they are the only ones left to score....

TangYauHoong

yea actually i like it when skipped designs are counted as scored designs. Since i skip it, i prefer not to see it again..ha

and suddenly firefox doesn't work for me anymore..? i don't have IE7 but safari is super fast!

hogboy

wow... way better, especially if you could comment direct from there.

thunderpeel

I don't think it's working for me :/ I don't see any place to give a score

jstumpenhorst

i love the power scoring!!!

thunderpeel

running firefox 3, fwiw

ivejustquitsmoking

loving it, i just hope there's a back button :)

kaloyster

it's great! power score is amazing!

just hope you make a threadless iphone app as well.

briancook

I'm having the trouble now on IE7 :( Every sub after the first one is blank and I can't click on any scroll down menu that overlaps the sub area.

Robsoul

not working for me either, no scoring tabs

firefox 2.0

just I see the template and yeah, just another option if you're running high on caffeine and need to smash away on your mouse without having to wait for all the comments to load.

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

not working for me right now, internet explorer

bsweber

hmmm, not working for me on safari 3.2.1

ivejustquitsmoking

hope it remembers i skipped those designs already

olie!

This looks awesome! Definitely a much faster and more fun way to score.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 9
No account?