Close
One second...

Announcing... Twitter Tees By Threadless!

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted May 19, 2009
  • 171 Comments

5.19.09 IMMEDIATE RELEASE: @Threadless to crowdsource #TwitterTees. @Biz says "Awesome!" http://thrdl.es/~/R

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

fatheed
fatheed on May 19 '09 at 7:59pm
It's not fur! It's my own hair!

wax dude. wax.

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

andyg on May 19 '09 at 7:10pm
If there really is a demand for Twitter-inspired t-shirts, I suppose people ought to be able to buy them somewhere. But why at Threadless? Why not do all this on Twitter's site?

i just got a chance to read everyone's comment and twitter tees is definitely an interesting announcement. i agree with what andyg is saying though...i see twitter doing this because...well, they can easily reach all of the twitter users...but a partnership with threadless isn't bad either? i'm still confused with what's going on, so i'm probably not making sense, haha.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

andyg - not sure what you mean, the twitter tees are not on threadless and you can't buy them from threadless - there is a completely separate co-branded website for the twitter tees... you can't even use your threadless user account to log in...

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

asfi235 - i imagine most new users who may come from discovering threadless through twitter tees would most likely participate by voting rather than submitting... hence an improvement in avg score numbers

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

lol jublin, it was pretty funny when we printed up those tees and that news came out like the next day

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

so this twitter tees are not Threaldess' ? Is it like 50/50 split?

This whole thing makes me realize how much I am lagging behind in terms of social thingy

Steve The Great

hey nice design check out my tweet!

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

@steve lol nice tweet!

andyg
andyg profile pic Alumni

skaw on May 20 '09 at 12:07am
andyg - not sure what you mean, the twitter tees are not on threadless and you can't buy them from threadless - there is a completely separate co-branded website for the twitter tees... you can't even use your threadless user account to log in...

As long as there's a Twitter tab up on the Threadless menu bar, and the Twitter shirts are made by Threadless, it's hard for me not to see it as an separate, independent thing.

Skaw, you're the last person I want to argue with. Trust me! With all my negative comments aside, I wish you the best of luck with this and I hope that Threadless makes a ton of money from this venture. But if it doesn't, drop Twitter like it's hot!

littlem

none of my tweets are shirt worthy anyway. hell, they're not even worth reading most of the time. that's why there's an "UNFLOLLOW lillembutt" day nearly every day of the week!

littlem

if you fLollow me, i'll fLollow you

no i won't

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

yea andyg i hear ya - that is just a promotional piece, not a permanent tab and will be gone in a couple weeks

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

i would wear a shirt that discussed annie's magnificent poops

littlem

you're a sick, sick man, torasteve. sick. :P

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

As long as there's a Twitter tab up on the Threadless menu bar, and the Twitter shirts are made by Threadless, it's hard for me not to see it as an separate, independent thing.

Ditto

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

Personally I'm not a fan, mainly because I've never liked twitter/facebook/whatever social networking site. I would never post/nominate/buy anything there, but then agaiin I'm sure I'm not part of the target market.

I was worried about the slogans too, glad that was already cleared up. And as long as I can keep roaming the halls of Threadless without running into random tweets and such I have no major issues with it.

The one thing that kinda bothers me is that in the product pages there's no indication as to who did the typework. Something that I liked of Threadless from the start is how they credited artists, it would be nice that it was the same there. I'm guessing the first 4 are probably done by Ross and Joe, but even if they're in-house designers a little credit wouldn't hurt.

Anyways, not my cup of the but good luck in your new enterprise. Hopefully it will be succesful enough that it would allow Threadless to print underscored, amazing designs on a regular basis.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

againstbound, agree on the credit - we should definitely do that. thanks for the feedback!

phillydesigner
phillydesigner profile pic Alumni

agree on the credit

agreed.

pyko

hmm come to think of it maybe hopefully these twitter tees will reduce some noise on the slogans?? i remember when i first started (and was voting solely via the 'vote/submit' page) there was a whole TON of just random slogans being posted up like every second by ~3ppls (and they were just having a conversation between themselves!!!)

btw...as asked earlier but probably missed... will we as owners of the 'tweets' see the number and % of votes?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?