robots only come out at night

• by digsy
  • posted May 03, 2009
  • 108 Comments

Connect The Dots!

A traditional connect-the-dots during the day with super-glow ink for the night when the robot comes to life!

and for added geekdom, instead of regular numbers, the connect-the-dot is binary code that actually spells "robot"!

thanks to mano for the template - page 1 is shirt during the day, 2 is what the super-glow will look like at night, and 3 is a little bit of detail of both day and night designs.

thanks to everyone who helped on the critique!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
Connect The Dots! A traditional connect-the-dots during the day with super-glow ink for the night when the robot comes to life! and for added geekdom, instead of regular numbers, the connect-the-dot is binary code that actually spells "robot"! thanks to mano for the template - page 1 is shirt during the day, 2 is what the super-glow will look like at night, and 3 is a little bit of detail of both day and night designs. thanks to everyone who helped on the critique!
nonolarson
nonolarson profile pic Alumni
I must say that I love this ! And yeah for added geekdom.
danjf
would definitely wear it!
jamesf
jamesf profile pic Alumni
nice work
agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni
well done, supaglow ftw! i just hope that people notice the additional slides at the bottom heh.. you might want to take note for future promos, to notify people that theres more slides?
Jebs
Jebs profile pic Alumni
yeah, that's great, and really a good use of the day/night possibilities
evan3xxx
evan3xxx profile pic Alumni
i love connect the dots! 5!
digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
thanks agrimony - i thought in my comment mentioning the different pages would get it across, but i probably should have made it clearer. anyway, you and me both mentioning it now will hopefully point everyone the right way! thanks to everyone who's voted and commented so far!
alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Alumni
kick ass work!
mkdamr1302
Excellent! I love the design of this. If you have time please be sure to give my design "Hermit House Hunt" that is currently in the running a good score and comment also. Thanks!
MadeWithAwesome
MadeWithAwesome profile pic Alumni
haha@having almost the same name minus the pun as a collab of mine! Totally different idea here, love the fantastic use of the glow colors and illo of the robot itself. I'd like even less lines that make up the robot in the daytime, so it almost looks like a ton of random dots on your body.
clearcut
oh yes, i remember this in the critique session :) nice work!!! i see that the suggestions helped ! :)
mismonaut
mismonaut profile pic Alumni
I remember seeing this in the blogs, so I new about the glow-in-the-dark, but even knowing that it was there (and worth seeing), I had a really hard time getting to it. This template is really hard for me to navigate (the buttons keep disappearing when I try to click on them!) I hope other people don't have the same problem.
Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni
glow-in-the-dark is not transparent, in fact, it's very "neon" but even if it were neon, it'd still wear this.
melon.
Awesome!! A great idea and a very good use of glow ink. 5!
digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
sorry you had problems with the template mismonaut - I unfortunately know very little flash (something i'm working on at the moment) so i used the flash template mano provided in his blog, which is set up like this. Robsoul, I know they show up slightly but according to the shirt sample threadless put up in the blogs, onyl the red is really neon during the day, the others are an off white. I worked off that so I hope it's ok! Thanks for all the comments and votes so far - the support is great!
yeohgh
yeohgh profile pic Alumni
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS simply COOOLNESS, LOVE!!! $5
Wimbs E_soul
awesome 5$ could you help me with this
ArtByAlysia
i like the idea
yellowpanda
:D this is pretty sweet !
doriang
love the idea, and execution really well done. would actually buy this just like this. makes people think.. then smile
greenttentacle
great design digsy! I like the geekiness factor :) Thanks for critiquing my work too.
kittified
I really love this!! 5$! Very good concept! And thanks so much for critiquing my work =)
bizzydizzle
simple yet brilliant! just the way glow-in-the-dark should be!! and robots are just awesome! We have a winner!!
bizzydizzle
simple yet brilliant! just the way glow-in-the-dark should be!! and robots are just awesome! We have a winner!!
bry_yrb
i remember this one from the critique's section, definitely great just from the start!!! 5
TsHargreaves
I love the glow in the dark ink on this design! The "start/finish" text makes your design look more like a connect-the-dots puzzle, but i feel like they'd look a little clunky during the day.
jack_of_hearts
Love it! Print it for me, now!
ninopolisel
hehe i find this very funny, and both idea and execution are great.. the colors are awesome.. i'd love to see how the glowing effect would work, but anyhow, thats a 5$ for me (:
kenforst
Amazing, wonderful and full of geekiosity.
ARTS.GEEK
This looks great! & the super-glow fX are legen- wait for it -dary.
JoeNostalgia
That is a brilliant design! It NEEDS to be printed, like, NOW!
mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni
really smart use of the glow colors... great work!
Pjuarez
Really nice! You cant go wrong with robots. Thanks for the critique.
myfuture
very cool idea nice and simple 5
pickupRINGO
so awesome!! 5$
quister
quister profile pic Alumni
Great work, looks fantastic in the day and night. Love the retro bot and the distressed effect. Definitely a $5 for me.
mustachepony
love the connect the dots!
smartkat
I saw your painstaking critique process - fantastic final result. Good Luck.
Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni
neat! but just as an aside, the buttons on your flash presentation are frustrating.
Martinwong
clause
clause profile pic Alumni
nice!! great stuff!
LJ902
Cool! I saw this in critique a little while back and thought it looked great then. Top work and a $5 from me!
Link Design
Very nice! 5$
odd one
I like! 5
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2