Close
One second...

What i drive to work

So this is just some design i made in my science class. I know i still need to clean it up but just wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

Watch this
buddhahopper

So this is just some design i made in my science class. I know i still need to clean it up but just wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

Robooneus

Would be interesting to see cleaned up and computerized. Some depth would give this more pop--especially differentiating between the three levels with some foreshortening that could be easily shown with the stairs/size of the doors.

Maxixen

try to do it on a white sketch book.
Refine the idea, think of how it is powered. It can be difficult at first but this is a promising one from what i see, keep it up!

VVolf

looks good :) Ill wait for the next version.

pickupRINGO

kinda reminds me of the yellow submarine illustrations wich its great upload a second version!!

Bobzar77

Yes! totally clean it up! I bet it will look good,
crit me?

buddhahopper

just trying it out with some color please let me know what you think.

trevornicholls

hmm interesting.... i have no idea what it is.. but i like it :)

i think there may be too much of a contrast between the black things and the orange thing though, maybe add some black solids to the orange thing or colour to the black.. or both?

anyway, have a look at mine :) critique

Meatnik

you need to get some purples up in here.

TFail

Where the heck do you work? Hahaha. I'd work on the driver... maybe work on perfecting him. I feel that the style of the smoke doesn't match the rest of the illustration.. maybe redraw that the way you did the other designs? And the thingy holding onto the wheel.. the horseshoe shaped thing, that looks like it could use some perfecting as well. Good luck!

pmolick

I'm not sure what's going on here, but like the fact that you are thinking outside of the box! Keep working on it!

xbread

the driver is kinda hard to get...
Maybe you could have some more details on the drawing.
I agree with trevornicholls on the whole black things contrasting with the oranges.

please, critique mine

greenttentacle

This is very odd! I agree the driver needs work and maybe look at taking this design to paper - horrific i know! :P Get those pencils out...

I think adding shading will pull this design together more.

Can you critique mine if you get a chance? It's Castles of Sand. I've got yet another new version up - with placement of everything, so this is sorta a critical time for feedback. Please help out? Thanks!

Sibos

Yeah, it's kind of strange. I think it could use more elements (nuclear reactor, hamster wheels, bike chains) and more depth (shadows, dimension).

Please check out my critique

buddhahopper

Thanks all for the comments! Dose anyone know the best way to be able to color something after you scan it. Because this design i did with illustrator and i would love to hand draw it more and then scan it in. Also is there a way that i can ad shadow in illustrator?

buddhahopper

Here it is the new Design! So i have added some new things but right now i need some help on coloring. I think i need new colors for the flags and the two people. All comments welcome!

AceOfShades

Interesting design. I'd definitely go lighter on the flags, as they're commanding too much attention right now. Maybe try a light yellow to contrast with the other purple objects, and shift the focal point towards the center of the image. Light blue would probably look nice if you wanted to keep it on the cooler side of the color wheel.

Guijuled

it is nice indeed. I think a little less bright colors would help to the composition

voodazz

I like the transition from nuclear power to a more eco friendly alternative. I take it that this is a cut away picture? If so, why not take it a bit further by showing the actual 'engine' room and how everything works and is connected and such.

Also the sails could use some work as well. Maybe have the blowing outward towards the left and lighten up the color.
Hope this helps!

buddhahopper

Ok so i have changed the color of flags and doors, also dose anyone know what the color limit is and am i over it? Also how do do you add shadows? All comments welcome!

buddhahopper

Ok so i have changed the color of flags and doors, also dose anyone know what the color limit is and am i over it? Also how do do you add shadows? All comments welcome!

sertansaltan

I think it strongly needs highlights and shadows of some sort. It looks a little flat right now.

Jack Grey

I would consider losing the satellite dish. Television can be damaging to the mind.

Artboycat

I do agree that this piece might look better with some highlights and shadows. Also, lets see it on a colored shirt.

My Design

The Hatter

I think u should put is a person looking thing u have there poring bubble flued in to the back that would be cool. Good work keep ot up yours sinsely the hatter

rightpeak

add some kind of shadows, colours, transparency of some sort.
give the flags some volume or depth. it''s a great idea but needs work on that, you could get it printed with the right amount of work on it.
could you comment on mine?
http://www.threadless.com/critique/53823/Tiger

CaptainRisky

ooh maybe you should colour the bubbles...

8bitcat

The color limit is 8. You can find more file information on the design submission page and in the submission kit which also has model pictures. :)

I like this idea, an interesting contraption with a Dr. Seuss feel to it. Great title too. I think what's really holding you back is the computerized execution. My first instinct was to say make this look more hand-drawn and then I saw your initial sketch which I think looks much more interesting. It has some good simple shading and interesting linework that gets lost in these new versions.

I think this might also look good with one or two colors, the orange and yellows seem a bit too bright. Maybe pick a shirt color to work with and then go from there. Oh and definitely keep that satellite dish, it's a quirky detail :)

No account?
Join Us