Close
One second...

what's your favourite album cover?

They say never judge by a cover, but when it comes to albums I can’t help it...
My love of album art is probably half the reason I chose to be a designer, it's also probably why I’m the only person I know with a cd collection arranged by the colour of their spines.
So if your anything like me and love your artwork 12 x 12, post up a pic of your favourite.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
alvarejo
alvarejo profile pic Alumni

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

I love that you're still a real live CD collector because of the cover art, girlguide.

One of my favorite covers:

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

love the artwork of this album

but god, was it an awful cd

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Anything by the Dwarves.

jk.

MissGilly
MissGilly profile pic Alumni

Mezo - i hardly ever download, not so much because i dont want to rip off the artist (although that's what i tell people!) but because i still love having the artwork, something tangible you can hold... i'd love to have a massive vinyl collection (but my cd addiction is eating at my saving enough as it is)

Torakamikaze i've spent so much money on cds i've listened to no more than 4 times because i loved the artwork - i really TRY to like them - but sometimes its just too hard!

professorE

One of my favorites:

BlueLobster
BlueLobster profile pic Alumni

i like this

professorE

Another favorite:

brentendo

Confession: Ever since I got my mac and an ipod I've been a download whore =/ I think I've only bought like 2 CDs in the past year and a half, and they were just for when I'm driving. I'm totally going to start a collection again, I miss the feeling of excitement at tearing open the cellophane on a new buy.

alvarejo
alvarejo profile pic Alumni

i like this one because it's the only music album cover i've ever designed :)

westicles

Yes! I love that Arcade Fire one!

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

The smell of a newly opened cd is the greatest!

I remember as a kid being fascinated by the inside cassette tape cover of GnR's Appetite for Destruction:

Bio-bot 9000

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bio-bot 9000

Although this one came with an awesome fold out poster!!!!!

kashlen

CSNY - So Far

kashlen

and Led Zeppelin III

kashlen

never heard of Joanna Newsom, but that album is pretty sweet looking.

Omair

Bio-bot 9000

Kerry- She will either break your heart with sweetness. or you'll hate her voice. Also, check out her album "Ys"
(also with cool art)

Omair

dreamtheaterlol.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

Bio-bot 9000 on Mar 19 '09 at 9:59pm
Kerry- She will either break your heart with sweetness. or you'll hate her voice. Also, check out her album "Ys"

or a mix of both. i like her music but hate her voice. unfortunately the latter pretty much prevents me from listening to her.

tracerbullet

rolls up sleeves

WHAT ABOUT 'EM, PEAR??

tracerbullet

this entire album has great art throughout. really bright and vibrant.

tracerbullet

this one can't be appreciated as a still image because it's a hologram, and different parts of the booklet can be inserted in the case to create different holograms.

kashlen

I think I agree with tracer, it's a combo of both, but I like her. (I'm on pandora) okay wait she just hit a weird high note...I don't know...lol!

The_Ali

There are so many good ones!! But I saw someone posted a Finch album and said it was an awful CD ... I agree with the album art - I thought it was awesome, but I also loved the CD!

I also like the album art on Modest Mouse's "The Moon and Antarctica"

kashlen

and YES to Houses of the Holy!

tracerbullet

it always bothered me that the song Houses of the Holy was on the Physical Graffiti album

kashlen

yes that is kinda stupid...wait wait, that is blasphemy...led zeppelin can do whatever the hell they want.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

When my sister was in London, she wanted to recreate Abbey Road, but the people she was with were lame and didn't care about the Beatles.

tracerbullet

OMG PAUL IS WALKING OUT OF STEP AND HOLDING A CIGARETTE I THINK THAT MEANS HE'S DEAD OR THE WALRUS!

WarDrobeInSpareOom

The artwork on Houses of the Holy used to creep me out as a kid.

It still kind of does.

kashlen

haha it (houses of the holy) is supposed to represent Jimmy Page's kids (I think).

And I would be so pissed if I was with lame non-beatles-loving people

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

high-fives Brian for the Aenima post

brentendo

This one wins

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

Two that come to mind right now, I'm sure there loads more.

Avant-garde metal with viking themes, it doesn't get much better than that.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?