Close
One second...

Rorschach's Bird

A nice bird ink blot based on rorschach's test that Psychologists use. It's just a concept and needs some work, so let me know your thoughts and input. Also be sure to vote for my other shirt Soul Jamz

Thanks

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
701pm

A nice bird ink blot based on rorschach's test that Psychologists use. It's just a concept and needs some work, so let me know your thoughts and input. Also be sure to vote for my other shirt Soul Jamz

Thanks

701pm

No suggestions?

dversdzn

I like where you're gong with this but aren't those tests usually done with a mirror image? Maybe do a little research into them and see but I'm almost sure that's how they are. if you were to keep with it like this though, I would ditch the line in the birds beak. the whole design is very random and organic and the straight line in the beak seems a bit out of place.

If you get a chance I'd love some feedback. Lamb Shanks

dversdzn

I like where you're gong with this but aren't those tests usually done with a mirror image? Maybe do a little research into them and see but I'm almost sure that's how they are. if you were to keep with it like this though, I would ditch the line in the birds beak. the whole design is very random and organic and the straight line in the beak seems a bit out of place.

If you get a chance I'd love some feedback. Lamb Shanks

dversdzn

WTF? hahaha. how the hell did that happen? haha sorry.

Dannysketch

Ok conceptwise, you need to decide on how evident you want the rorschach element to be, at the moment the only reason I know it relates to it is because of your description. Rorshachs are generally mirrored so you may want to play around with that. Also you may want to consider upping the contrast on the grey slightly as rorschachs are mostly complete black ink splatters.

I really like the simplicity of the bird and the idea of playing around with the different abstract images people see in these tests and making them more perceptible, I just think you could do a lot more with the design and this idea if you really thought about it.

Dannysketch

:) dversdzn got there before me

701pm

So I decided to go with the whole mirror thing based on the last comments and I agree it looks better that way, now the question is color? The birds? Shirt? I was thinking something sandy for the shirt maybe not really sure.

Thanks

dversdzn

100 times better. To be honest, the black on white is in keeping with the traditional psych tests.

I'd tweak the birds beak a little more though, maybe if it wasn't so rigid and flowed with the ink blot idea a bit more. That's the only part I keep coming back to.

sweet n sour

I see a man with two birds on his head, maybe take a look at some real Rorschach tests and see how they look I think there maybe too many splats and things and I don't think it would be exactly symmetrical.

dpnmdpnm

it's turning out really cool but i think it needs a bit of work on the birds, more detail.

701pm

haha the man was totally an accident

701pm

I looked at actual test and they are all mirrored for the most part. I agree on details in the bird, but i wanted it to look more modern that's what the splats are for. Ideas????

walmazan

looks much more better than the first version, great job!

701pm

I fixed the beak and have been wondering what to do about the birds? I got a post saying to add more detail. Thoughts? I was thinking about putting an upside down tree in for there brains, but that might me going over board.

dannodepf

i want it to continue down further...

dannodepf

it would be interesting if you could have a fold in the middle... maybe not... i kind of think that there should be something to reference what is going on, be it an ink bottle, bird cage or paper or something... just throwing ideas out there...

Winter the artist

add a lighting bolt to the eyes and sub this on TeeFury

dannodepf

i mean like the ink is dripping down the shirt or something.

701pm

why teefury? Why not here?

leavethewindtome

i know what you mean Fezbeast, everything else is splattered and the beak is precise and sharp, maybe add a small splatter where the mouth of the beak is. as for continuing downward i think the upside down tree would be good for that
i like how there are multiple figures in this, in the negative space and the white
cool
thanks for the comment

Winter the artist

I just think it has a better chance there...and isn't that the point? to sub your design where it'll be most effective?

701pm

I added brains to the birds and tried to fix the beaks like you guys suggested???

701pm

There are two new version one with the tree and without. Comments? Suggestions?

leavethewindtome

ooh this is pretty cool i like this alot
all of the things you added are great.
maybe add a tree on the left side of the shirt that doesnt have any leaves, it might make it a little too busy though but id give it a try

dannodepf

can't say the tree makes sense, especially because it is not mirrored like everything else. i'd say if you aren't going to mirror it, try centering it instead...

701pm

bump

zenbolic vision

ok this one is cool its like this phycological test u take for me i saw it sth so evil adn scary lol !! didnt notice bird at first i think u should loose the tree at bottom and end it normal or with random obsrcat style less sharp,,

jodabaum

Yeah im diggin this version alot!!!... maybe just make the tree at the bottom a little smaller....if that doesnt work get rid of it and add more ink blot style than brusk strokes at the bottom...

if you get the chance check out my design
Spoiled Sweet Tooth

Vman325

I find the bird much easier to see in V3, in v4 it took me awhile to see it. If I didnt know there was sposed to be a bird there I wouldn't have noticed it at all. I think its the brain that makes it harder to identify.

Please check mine

Typ0w

i like that it took me a min to see the bird its liek passing the test. but i liked the design for the tree immediately as it was recognizable. thsoe are two of the three aspects of the shirt to me. 1 - initial thought/impression 2- lasting/prolongened thoughts or impression

701pm

Straighted out the tree and made it more blobby.

701pm

Version 6 and 7 are the new versions, one has a tree the other doesn't. I fixed them and made them more blob like towards the bottom, been thinking about submitting? Tree or no tree? Submit?

ddvash

i like 7 better than 6 :)
no tree and i voted submit

jodabaum

yeah...V7 is where its at!! submit!

701pm

think people will get it?

zerobriant

i see many faces...but it looks cool..i think people will get it..

walmazan

I think is ready!

701pm

I'm gonna see if i can do a flash presentation of it. I'll post it here then sub.

clause

yup looks good to go!! sub!

701pm

This is the version I will be submitting. Any comments or changes I should make to it?

Skittles 07

oh ok see when i looked at the first version it has to be your sparrow lol

701pm

It says that you think dark skined hindu's are attractive especially one's with pet lions who are rich and old, hence the crown and spiders.

haha lol

701pm

For some reason it's not letting me push this into be submitted I click ok then it goes to a blank page and just hangs???

twoonebee

I saw a lion with a crown ha.
I like it, what I think would look awesome and also emphasize the bird aspect, is... hard to explain haha.
If you imagine a bird in flight in profile view, the wing of the bird facing left would emerge from the face of the birds head on the right...
yeah it's too difficult to explain...

701pm

No i know where you are going with that, that is more a company logo i did a few months back almost like a humming bird or sparrow at a profile view. It finally subd. So be sure to vote. Thanks everyone

Rorschach's Bird

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?