Close
One second...

shirt color ruins another design

• by anca2
  • posted Jan 26, 2009
  • 10 Comments

The original tshirt color for this design was great. Very nighttime-ish. But with Heather grey the shirt is less "Night Birds" and more, say, "Seattle Birds". Major fail, Threadless.

Watch this
Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

I sort of have to agree with this blog. Just say no to heather gray! I was excited for a reprint but the mood of the shirt has been completely altered.

blue-phoenix

I really wanted a reprint of this too and was excited when it came back. But I did a double-take when I saw the colour change! Don't think I'll be buying it now.

Robin.NJ

Agree :( Even charcoal gray would have worked better than heather gray.

chelly

poor poor choice
now i am sad

congrats to chris on the reprint tho!

Aristarchus
Aristarchus profile pic Alumni

Congrats to Chris indeed, but I have to agree with anca.

This is just...

Yeah. I have no words.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

^
WTF at random Aristarchus posting????

Also, I own this shirt from the original printing so I'm tending to agree the OG color is better but I think it's an interesting vidual as well on heather gray.

Discworld-Cinderella

I asked for a reprint as I loved the design but it does not work as well on heather grey.

cbuchholz
cbuchholz profile pic Alumni

thanks guys! I came in to work and noticed that this was reprinted and needless to say it was quite a nice surprise!

I actually like the color change, but then I love heather gray shirts and I already own the slate colored original. Anyhow, thanks threadless, and thanks to those who voted for a reprint!

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

oh man. i didn't know there was a color change. i actually really really really like how it looks on heather gray, and i own the original. hmm....

Typ0w

i missed out by hours on thei first print. the new shirt is on heather grey. heather grey is a color that makes me think sweatpants and sweatshit. it has ruined multiple designs i was waiting to buy. and now one of my favorite designs i've ever seen on threadless is reprinted.. on heather grey. honestly i'll buy any color besides that one.

No account?
Join Us