Close
One second...

Downvoting

I've noticed a disturbing trend in my first 24 hours of being a member. I submit a slogan and within 3 seconds it has already been "OMG no'd", usually twice at least. Am I doing something wrong or is there a team of people working to reject everything that's posted ASAP?
I understand that not everyone will like everything, but it just seems a little surreal to frequently see "3 votes, 0% liked it" within 6 seconds of submitting.

Bizarre, I tell you, bizarre.

Watch this
Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

give it 13 more hours and ill show you how deep the rabbit hole goes

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

haha. Yeah a lot of people down vote, but if you give it some time, and encourage people to vote, sometimes they go up, if they are legitimately funny.

TDarklighter

Well, I just fired off 7 slogans in ten seconds and each of them were 0% two seconds later.

This place has a bot problem, doesn't it?

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

It could just be that your slogans arent very good

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

No, when you submit a slogan, for the first while it is available to vote on in the score/submit section so a lot of people will see it.

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

And yes, some of your slogans are not good.

TDarklighter

Well, I understand that some of them are not good. But they all start off 2 votes, 0%. =P Even those 40%+ ones started off with a handful at 0%. Granted, they did bounce above 70 for a while there, but dropped.

Just not familiar with the system yet, I guess. I'll get used to it. Appreciate the comments, all the same! =)

No account?
Join Us