Close
One second...

Being a designer during a recession is not a good thing

I need some cheering up, I just lost my job :(
No severance right before xmas.
I knew there was a reason I was not in the holiday spirit...

Watch this
d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

that sucks. if it makes you feel any better everyone else is broke too. some of us been broke all year.

kaloman

ahh yes the life as a creative... sigh...

kaloman

Maybe I can star over and be an astronaut or a Lion Tamer?

HorsefaceDee
HorsefaceDee profile pic Alumni

that is why I gave up agencies last your when I lost my job again at xmas..I work inhouse at an insurance place to get me thro the recession....I have been layed off 3 times !!! it bites...I feel for ya...

kaloman

yeah, this is my second time. Agencies can be brutal can't they...

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

that sucks. Im sure you'll find something else don't worry.

kaloman

Thanks, I am sure I will land on my feet. I just got a bottle of wine, and I am going to start the job/freelance work in the morning.

HorsefaceDee
HorsefaceDee profile pic Alumni

I drank a bottle of wine and smoked a few cigs...you will find a new job...drink up tonight and celebrate a day off tomorrow...:)

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

astronautery and lion taming are good. i'm both of those as well as a bull fighter, jet pilot, hand model, and a bunch of other things. in the meantime submit shirts and try to live off threadless.

Krakaboom
Krakaboom profile pic Alumni

Ah crap. I'm really reading too many of these stories these days. Sorry you're going through this. Good luck.

kaloman

Thanks, it will work out... but yeah there have been a bunch!

...and yes Leon, I will have sum time for some subs for sure.
Thanks everybody for the support!

I am feeling a bit better already.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Good luck. I work in Real Estate and am lucky I'm valuable enough that my boss sees it fit to keep me around. I'm sure you'll find something soon. :) Good luck and best wishes.

No account?
Join Us