Close
One second...

Strange Neighbors

• by bortwein
  • posted Sep 05, 2008
  • 40 Comments

I'm hoping to fine tune a lot of the design details so I'm looking for any feedback at this time.

Watch this
bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

I'm hoping to fine tune a lot of the design details so I'm looking for any feedback at this time.

Mosquito88

I love how the two normal houses seem to have faces.
How about a grey-black&white color option?

Can you score and comment my design?

KDV

Awesome design! Looks pretty good as it is. Maybe you could play a bit more with the other two houses and try to make it look like they are really looking at their strange neighbor. I don't know, maybe the middle house could exhibit some alien features as well? :)

I'd appreciate a look at my design too:
Geek Chick

bortwein

"I don't know, maybe the middle house could exhibit some alien features as well?" The fact that it has 3 window eyes and is on its side isn't enough. ;) Not sure what else I could add to the house part without over doing it. I'm thinking I need to make better tress and work on the background a bit.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Haha - nice. I like the muted tones, but I think it would be nice to see something popping. Perhaps the UFO in a futuristic silver foil if you could bear it?

bortwein

yeah, I'm trying to figure out the best 8 colors to use to make this have the best contrast but still feel right. I like the idea of using a foil.

bortwein

I might try to update this later tonight, so any more feedback could still make it into version 2.

bortwein

Added some more details for the fun of it and changed the UFO to a Silver Foil like fatheed suggested.

Batnap

Cool crop circles! Submit it.

bortwein

I'd like to improve the mountain behind it. Any suggestions?

notkin

i think it would be better with no ufo. its not as obvious but i dont think it needs to be.

PuterBoy

Make it a pointing mountain landscape.

like this: ^^^^^^^^

element_101

lol. this shirt makes me laugh.

ecsu
ecsu profile pic Alumni

that girl is cute who is she? :p

the greatest part of it is that the houses are looking at the one in the middle.

nice man... do improve the mountain...

bobuchan

Cool concept and execution.

I like the ufo, but it is rather obvious. As cool as shiny foil is, maybe just a silhouette in the hill color?

Your mountain probably just needs more little ridges.

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

oh much improved. I dig it, and think it is ready to submit.

bortwein

v4 = glitch.

bortwein

Ok, I feel like I improved the mountains. I made a Black and Grey option now shown on a guy model and I cleaned up a few things on the houses that were bugging me. I kept the foil because I really like how it works. How's it look?

bortwein

oh and version 3 is the same as version 5 and version 4 was a glitch because I didn't think version 3 went through. So ignore those 2 versions.

marrgalo

Mmmm when I looked your first version I really liked the UFO without the foil. I think it makes the shirt look a little tacky and that's definitely not the way I envision your design. It has a really cute, clever vibe! Just not feeling that tinfoil (on the green, mostly)

Please have a look at my design, it really needs some help:
http://www.threadless.com/critique/27918/Reef_Safari

Thank you!

willypiva

nice work!
the trees and the car on the right side could use some work

no_skunk

I just don't like the color for the spaceship...

bortwein

good feed back. I'm going to work on the cars and trees now. I'm still torn by the use of the foil for the UFO, I kind of like it but I understand why it might be over the top for this design.

bobuchan

Just keeps getting better ^-^

Maybe limit the foil on the UFO and/or add it to the houses too? Your mountain tops could use a little variation on the top of the white caps instead of the same line width.

bortwein

New cars, removed the foil from the green version but left it optional on the b lack option, and fixed a few other things.

iQuitt

the green one is awesome... the black is boring... great design though...

KDV

submit!

Fleck
Fleck profile pic Alumni

submit.

Syncos

Perfect as is. I'd wear it.

Raid71
Raid71 profile pic Alumni

nice touch with the windows... sub it

VelociGent

It's clean, but I think you could make it better. It could be a lot funnier than it is.

growabrain

i think itd be better if the house was more like a trapdoor and less like a piece of lego on its side. i mean, i think its a great idea, its just that the house is kinda weird looking like that to me.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Some great touch's since the first crit. Love the window 'eyes' and the lawn/yard. Subiiiitt!

bortwein

I think I'll submit this version. Thanks for all the help.

bortwein

Submitted.

No account?