Close
One second...

Mon Coq

This is for the Wacom contest, so I went 100% artsy with this one. No hidden meanings or visual puns, just pure art.

It is based on a photo of my Buddy Ray Frenden and his rooster catching exploits on the late night streets of LA. I wanted to evoke the feelings of disconnected reality brought on by too much drink, and the strangeness of finding a rooster wandering around in the city streets.

I wish I could have been there.

Watch this
DwayneClare

This is for the Wacom contest, so I went 100% artsy with this one. No hidden meanings or visual puns, just pure art.
It is based on a photo of my Buddy Ray Frenden and his rooster catching exploits on the late night streets of LA. I wanted to evoke the feelings of disconnected reality brought on by too much drink, and the strangeness of finding a rooster wandering around in the city streets.
I wish I could have been there.

penny.loafer

lovely. i really like the colours a lot.

Batnap

Jaw drops

I really love this. Very interesting. 5

funkie fresh
funkie fresh profile pic Alumni

ahaha, i heard about the rooster story. crazy.

uncle carbunkle

dwayne draws ray chasing coq. love it.

lucusice

I love this style, it's honestly breathtaking

Crushem

Awesome!

Morde

I love the colors!

bronzo

Ton coq est super beau...Very nice work Dude!

DwayneClare

Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it, I was worried it would be a bit too out there.

prismac

I love it.

newmonkey

awesome, seedy. great colours. it reminds me of Tom Waits' music.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

It's a great illustration as the others have said. Really captures a mood. I don't think it belongs on a shirt, though.

DwayneClare

Doh!
Maybe it will be a print.
*Crosses fingers.

kaze_windsa

Seriously, this piece deserve a WOW from me!
Nice!

WineAngel88

Wow that is really beautiful. I would totally buy it as a print. Not sure about havin it on a shirt though. Still amazing

Jamesy1987

I really like this, and I'd like it as a t-shirt, I'm tired of seeing the same thing all the time on threadless. This is a nice change.
Crit my critique page please.

viddee

I'd buy this both as a T and a print. The colours and depth are amazing. I hope this does get printed because it would be nice to see some interesting art (rooster what?) instead of cartoon clouds and monsters all the time. $5

sherrif

yeah, absolutely lovely.
bum coq

Ray Frenden
Ray Frenden profile pic Alumni

Why'd the chicken cross the road? To get away from Frenden.

No account?
Join Us