Close
One second...

Gimme my limb back!

• by aled
  • posted Aug 18, 2008
  • 31 Comments

In my mind, when Foam Monster clocked his missing hand across the crowd, he would let out a Wookie style groan. He's not really a monster in the traditional sense. He is not scary at all, and is the type of guy who would politely gesture for you to return his hand, rather than snatching it away.

So now you know - and when you see someone pointing a foam finger around, remember that there is a Foam Monster somewhere, who is being forced to drive automatic transmission.

This design did so much better than thought it would! I'm so pleased that so many people took a shine to it. Like everything in my life, it started out as a crappy doodle in my sketchbook (see above) and I thought I might as well mock up a basic version to demonstrate the concept in the critique section. Long story short = the people in the crit were most supportive and I submitted it and it got an insane amount of comments and a lot of hysteria and ended up with an insane score. So thank you to everyone who helped and supported it and gave it a good score! Will you look at those guys from Human Giant wearing it?! And in kids sizes too! YES!

Watch this
skeev

I'm thinking he'd sound more like Ash in Evil Dead 2 when his hand became possessed.

Give me back...my...hand.....GIVE ME BACK MY HAND!!!!!!!

Yeah, the design came out awesome.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I think he'd sound more like C-3PO.

But not really.

But maybe.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

I've never been more confident in a print

Torakamikaze on Jun 06 '08
Torakamikaze on Jun 05 '08
Torakamikaze on Jun 04 '08
Torakamikaze on Jun 03 '08
Torakamikaze on Jun 02 '08
Torakamikaze on Jun 01 '08
Torakamikaze on May 31 '08
Torakamikaze on May 30 '08
Torakamikaze on May 29 '08
Torakamikaze on May 28 '08
Torakamikaze on May 27 '08
chicken dinner!

congrats sir

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

it was like watching a magic show

but not a lame one - a really great one with lots of action

Starrfold
Starrfold profile pic Alumni

My husband just got your shirt today and it's even funnier in person, on a person. Congrats, sir!

SEVEN-HUNDRED

I'm still waiting on mine to make it to Scotland

Jarfly

Yeah - I'm still waiting for mine too. Coulda saved $8 had I waited until today!! Still, it's the best design ever so is worth the full price.

I'm wondering if fatheed will create a "Foam Cowboy Monster in Emotional Reunion With Lost Hat"?

mgwizzy
mgwizzy profile pic Alumni

This is such a cute shirt! I have always wondered where they got those foam hands from. Ugh, its like a rabbits foot...

RobotsRule15

Out of the 6 threadless shirts i own this is my fav, but no one seems to get it at first...i allways have to explain. But that how it is most threadless shirts.

zoom-zoom

yeah, sometimes i have to explain it or point to the foam monster and then to the hand.
they still don't get it sometimes.

clairewithzebras

im the girl with the knife in the product pictures =|
aaaaand
this is pretty much my favorite shirt.
ever.

good work!

Calipso

AWESOME! DO WANT!

rsj

This just got my vote for Design of the Year!

Monkey X
Monkey X profile pic Alumni

I like the initial sketch Aled
even the OK's with hearts in it whuahaha

one of the best of 2008 fosho'

mawsy

awww! hes sooo adorable! I hope theres a sequel where he gets it back! :P
love it! design of the year from me!
:D

davidfromdallas
davidfromdallas profile pic Alumni

best of luck with this aled. you know, i saw someone make a gumby reference, and I had the exact same thought. yours, in now way looks like the character, but there is a slight, funny resemblance haha:

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Haha - Someone mentioned it in the critique. There is a flat green resemblance, but we didn't have Gumby in the UK, so he's news to me! Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni

Aled mah-fucker you aint had gumby in the UK? That shit is crazy! You missed out son!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWzEME5WVfI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWzEME5WVfI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni

i loved morph!!!

btw, did you watch the vid?

dspiteri

I definitely would have gotten this shirt, but I don't like the sand colour. If it gets reprinted on a different backdrop I'd buy it immediately. Still, love the design.

sierranv

I'd like to have this printed on a hoodie.

juliesidra

I wore my shirt today for the first time. While I love the design, I wish the foam finger was a little more centered so people could see it better. It's kind of far off on the side. Otherwise, I love it. Very creative. Thanks!

raintree

This is my baseball shirt ;-)

laceytuttle

I love this Design. By far the best t-shirt i have ever owned. I really cant wear it enough. Thank you.

bottleHeD

I wish I wasn't broke! :'(

liuman89

You might think that all the crowd might make the shirt a little too busy, but this is by far my favorite T-shirt. I get compliments all the time

No account?
Join Us