Close
One second...

Etiquette

So, I was thinking about traditions and formalities and how arbitrary a lot of it is. Some gestures or sayings, like those associated with victorian etiquette, are considered chivalrous and gentlemanly, while others are considered crude. But they don't really mean anything more than what we associate with them.

This is my parody of all that.

Watch this
wiggitywak

So, I was thinking about traditions and formalities and how arbitrary a lot of it is. Some gestures or sayings, like those associated with victorian etiquette, are considered chivalrous and gentlemanly, while others are considered crude. But they don't really mean anything more than what we associate with them.

This is my parody of all that.

Imxyour_rushmore

this kind of reminds me of the shirt... "now that's dope"
same concept, really.

Jojolo

FUNNY

duchess_of_stl

reminds me too much of a bad version of "married to the sea"

mmmdonuts

i think it's good , but:

1. yes it's like the "now that's dope" shirt

2. it should be spelled SHAWTY instead of SHORTY.

that is all.

wiggitywak

yeah, I see the similarity to "now that's dope"
I didn't see that before I made this, but that one has already been printed so...
Anyway, I didn't mean to rip anyone off and I hope the design can stand on its own.
If you'd like to see the drawing in more detail, check it out here

snow day.

please hand draw your text, it would make this a lot better.

ivejustquitsmoking

agree with snow day.. nice artwork still :) pardon my ignorance, was that pencil or pen?

Gossamerwings

It reminds me of 'Now That's Dope' also, but I like it regardless. Or possibly because of the similarities.

I agree that you should hand draw the text.

And I disagree with mmmdonuts that it should be spelled 'shawty'. Stick with 'shorty', please.

wiggitywak

I sketched it first, looking at a reference, then scanned it in and went over top of it in photoshop with the brush tool, using a wacom tablet.

I chose the type text specifically to contrast the hand-drawn look of the image, but maybe hand-drawn text is the way to go. I just went with my gut.

Also, I think my link in the other post doesn't work. so if you want, you can try this one to see the image larger
click here

ginetteginette

cursive text would have been super nice here.

ginetteginette

...to contrast the message rather than the image.

NightDragon

I would agree on hand-drawing the text. The drawing is excellent, except for the woman's left hand.

Starrfold

Ever been to a little site called "Married to the Sea"? This reminds me of that sort of style and humor. This is even better.

Nodz

it reminds me of the bumper stickers on facebook.
still funny though.

FRICKINAWESOME
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Imxyour_rushmore on Jul 23 '08
this kind of reminds me of the shirt... "now that's dope"
same concept, really.

And someone else mentioned someecards.

Still a fun one if you hand draw the text.

roadkill3d

^^what ginette said

1caru5

it does remind of that the that's dope shirt but i wouldn't worry about it. the drawing is still very good.

Mommyme

I agree that the text should be cursive. I like your style; please submit a design again.

jaimelait93

This is a nice design. It'd be nicer with a different font for the words though.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Her dress looks like it's covered in fish scales.

drums_addict

The text "Yo Bitch" would have been better don't you think?

Frozenlulu

i love it, but the font really bothers me. you could also get rid of the blue line

DrawingEvils

I would like to see your other submission please! This is awesome, but with reworked text.

Yoshi07

The drawing technique is excellent and (just because of that) it is better than any one i've seen.

erasermcfleafly

you shoulda wrote "wus good shawty?"

Billizfun2

I agree with "2. it should be spelled SHAWTY instead of SHORTY."

an80sbboy

Yo this is sweet, hand draw text maybe, but still $$$

nyxiia

I agree with ginetteginette, a cursive typeface would have made it look better.

ayesha3

loooovely drawing

CuteTeezRule

Hehe.

Yo Bitch would be funnier, what up shorty is not always a clear enough phrase if you aren't a hiphop type person.

suckongranite

hand drawn text is best, or original type face

d a n g

a thought a nice cursive script at first but maybe a graf font? something that alines it with hip hop or victorian.
i hear you on the contrast, but it feels a bit like a default.

i only mention because i love this design and concept.
nice one.

robohamster

Another font face would be better here. Maybe in a hand-drawn text bubble? The line + current font looks a little like it was done in MS Paint. Very nice otherwise!

squarecircles

hahaahahaha i looove the victorian dress

jmeaspls

this is simply fantastic.
It does have a similarity to that other one, but..I still like it. I actually like it more. I wish the text was in a dark grey like their outlines, though
5$

soundcrafter

This.
Is.
AWESOME.

6$'d.

truemidge

LOL!

Haven't laughed out loud at a sub in awhile, thank you :) It def. needs a cursive typeface, as others have said. Maybe try playing with different phrases, as well...no Yo Bitch, though, please, but "What Up, My Bitches?" is still funny and more playfully affectionate than disrespectful.

amadeus_love

Hahaha I find that hilarious!

IzzieCat

I like it but...I'd like it better without the words. I wouldn't purchase it but I know people who would.

Imxyour_rushmore

Shawty is not a word... never was, never will be.

And as for "Yo Bitch"... I'm pretty sure you'd win more people over with the phrase you initially went with, [one] because it's rude [on a shirt and when actual guys do this] and [two] i don't know, don't you think having the word "bitch" on your shirt limits the places you can wear it?

Don't answer that. You know it's true.

wiggitywak

Well, I'll answer: I agree. I meant for the design to be playful and charming perhaps, not edgy or crude. Anyway, I appreciate both the comments and critique.

Robsoul

I don't see any similarity with "That's Dope" other than it's on yellow (and I should know) and comparing anything hand-drawn in awesome style with Married To The Sea is really sad because MTTS is nothing but Dover Clip Art piss.

Love it, but would really like to see the text hand-done in a serif font. I don't even think it needs the text, it's just beautifully rendered. Ace work.

Maybe "Care to dance?" or "Do you shake, shimmy or waltz?"

No account?